“Timberhouse is a great place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winter Park
TimberHouse Ski Lodge
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Timberhouse is a great place to stay.”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Another trip to the Timberhouse this year. Once again we were not disappointed. The food was excellent! The help were wonderful! At the Timberhouse they take such good care of you! It is quiet and peaceful. We have been going to Timberhouse for 15 years and will continue going there. It is a great place to take the family. They can also accomidate large groups like ski clubs. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price! It is truly a little piece of Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank roon221

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 25, 2010

This was our second visit to the Timberhouse, and Todd and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. With a family-style atmosphere, TimberHouse provides a real get-away with no TVs, so we play games, read, talk, play music and watch the movies projected on the big screen each night. The food is homemade, delicious and always filling enough for a full day of skiing!

Even the kids have a wonderful time, as the TimberHouse is away from the main road, so they have the run of the lodge and are frequently throwing snowballs and sledding right outside the main lounge/living room area.

A wonderful place for a relaxed vacation - no worry about going out for meals, cooking or cleaning up, just skiing, relaxing and feeing cozy. We'll gladly go back again!

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank lhuckabee
Huntsville Alabama
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Group of 35 from our ski club spent our spring break at TimberHouse. Very diverse group in ages (6-86) and skiiing abilities. Staff was fantastic - knew everyone's name and went out of their way to assist us - had a super talent show. Another large family group and several smaller groups were also there - filled to capacity. Outdoor hot tubs and a nice ski/sledding hill, ping pong and pool tables plus a large assortment of games and puzzles and an evening movie kept everyone entertained. Lack of TV provided a nice escape. This was our second stay at TimberHouse and we will definitely go again. Love the atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank ShastaDaisy05
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed February 9, 2010

My wife, two children, and I had the pleasure of staying for a week at Timberhouse Lodge. This was our first stay at Timberhouse, which seems to be a "rare" thing as most of the other guests have been staying at Timberhouse for two and sometimes three generations. Yes, we are talking 30 to 40 years of coming to Winter Park and staying at the SAME LODGE EACH YEAR. If that is not enough to convince you to give this place a try, I do not know what will. It has a charm and a traditional feel that is truly unique. Built in the 1940's and run for many years by the Timmerhause family (German), there are German writings and sayings throughout the lodge. We felt like we were nestled in a European Lodge the entire week. Now run by Todd Waldren (2nd generation Waldren owner) it was evident that he and the staff strive to give returning families the same care and service that they have built a lifetime of memories on while at Winter Park. The staff are mainly college age kids who work at the Lodge and ski/board whenever possible. They were all extremely bright, friendly, and waited on us hand and foot. The food was excellent and my kids loved the ice cream sundaes for dessert. Just having the luxury of returning from the slopes, laying in the hot-tub, and then having dinner served without having to go out at night is reason enough to stay here. But Timberhouse is so much more!!! I enjoyed a week with my wife and kids (who are growing up way too fast) without the distractions of the internet or television. Yes, the movies at Timberhouse are GREAT! We all enjoyed the pool table and ping-pong table in the basement. The only negative is the train, which passes through the Village at Winter Park at night. Thus, Timberhouse is one of many lodges/hotels in the area who cannot escape this reality. But, earplugs worked well. Do not stay here if you like the party scene or want modern furnishings and decorations. You wil be disappointed! Otherwise, like Master Card...a week with family at Timberhouse Lodge is PRICELESS!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bowhuntr
Colorado
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Something was very odd about this entire set up. It is dark as a dungeon. The average age of clientele older than 60. The no cell phones, no tv, no music is supposed to harken back to the old ski lodges of Europe....but it just feels stifling and dreary. And, most of all, the staff looked scared to death of the owner. One of them mentioned he usually fires them before the end of the season in order to not have to pay them their tips.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank foodoc
beetlelogger, Owner at TimberHouse Ski Lodge, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
It is to bad that this recent employee missed the opportunity that the Timberhouse promotes.
This person was excused for drugs while working and we highly discourage this in our family atmosphere.
Burlington, WA
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I booked the Timberhouse Lodge for a solo ski trip. It was my 60th birthday and all of my family was busying with school, work and other travel. I have never skied at Winter Park and I knew that only 1/3 of the terrain would be open. This really didn't matter. It just made me want to return to ski the whole mountain.

The Timberhouse was a perfect choice for my celebration. Todd and staff were attentive, courteous and willing to go out of their way. Todd took me into town shortly after my arrival. I had forgotten some much needed items and he had some errands to do. The "lift" bus service was a quick way back to the lodge.

The first evening at dinner I was invited to ski with two other guests. They knew the area and skiing with them was much better than my planned self guided tour. The long tables for meals and the cozy lounge are perfect for conversations and meeting fellow skiers.

My birthday dinner ended with a surprise cake and candles. My daughter had called Todd and he went to town again to purchase a bottle of wine for our evening enjoyment.

The trains are close but a pair of earplugs solved the problem quite nicely. The meals were filling with seconds offered to anyone that needed more. Everyone on the staff, the fellow guests and owner made this a very memorable birthday. I will return but wouldn't stay anywhere else in Winter Park.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank drrick76
Pekin,Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I have stayed at the Timberhouse at least 15 years. I go every year with friends. The people at Timberhouse go out of thier way for everyone that stays there. The food is awesome! We always meet wonderful people there. You can ski back to the lodge or catch the Timber House van. Everything is conveniet.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel
Zephyr Mountain Lodge
Zephyr Mountain Lodge
#3 of 25 in Winter Park

Been to TimberHouse Ski Lodge? Share your experiences!