“TimberHouse scores again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winter Park
TimberHouse Ski Lodge
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
sioux city, iowa
“TimberHouse scores again!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We arrived in time for the New Year's Eve party and once again it was like coming back to an old friends house. The service was great, the food was splendid (hats off to Amy the cook) and the location is great with its ski in option and the service to and from the slope if you need it. This is lodging at its old time best, not a Hyatt or a 5 star hotel with 5 star prices. The TimberHouse represents a great value and the staff treats the guests with respect. Thanks to all and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: The forest side is preferred by us.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank loesshawk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The Timberhouse Ski Lodge is a ski-in property with a rich history in Winter Park, Colorado. Clean, warm, comfortable and inviting. The bed mattress was as good as any Four Star I've stayed in. Great staff, very accommodating and willing to go the distance.

The only downside to the Timberhouse is the food. Institutional cooking, straight outta a can or bag, obviously pulled off the back of a Cisco truck, heated and thrown on my plate. It was like eating at my college cafeteria again and we all know what a bummer that was! Breakfast was just as marginal and it's hard to screw-up breakfast!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SkiTester
beetlelogger, Chef at TimberHouse Ski Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
On behalf of the staff at Timberhouse Ski Lodge I would like to thank you for your review. Our primary goal is to make each guest's stay exceptional in all aspects of service and we appreciate all compliments and welcome any suggestions for improvement. We recognize a recommendation as the best compliment that a guest can give.

In regards to the criticism of our menu, I believe it is necessary to state some facts. It should be clear that in order to prepare a meny for up to fifty guests it takes several hours of planning, preparing, purchasing, and cooking; however, I will take your criticism into consideration. After reading your remarks I reviewed the menu that you experienced. It is unfortunate that our food tasted similar to your college cafeteria's marginal meals, although I can assure you they are not all the same. Indeed some items are purchased in bulk and the kitchen staff at Timberhouse appreciates Sysco services and products.

As aforementioned, much time and consideration goes into planning a hearty menu suitable even for guests with specific dietary needs. Again, we strive to maintain high standards of service including dining and we encourage our guests to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make their stay more enjoyable, especially when they are here. We wish you safe travels to your future destinations whether for business or leisure and hope the hospitality you receive is always more than you expect.

Regards,
Chef
London
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I was recommended to the TimberHouse Ski Lodge by some of my work colleagues who are based near Denver and I’m so pleased that I took their advice. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, the owner, Todd, and his staff did absolutely everything they could to make my stay as relaxing and comfortable as possible.

My flight from the UK landed on time, but I did not get to the Lodge until around 8pm due to the road conditions (it was snowing hard). Never the less, Todd had waited for me and saved some dinner for me and took my bags to my room whilst I ate. Whilst the room was not modern in decor, it was extremely comfortable with a walk in wardrobe and nice sized bathroom with a good bath/shower.

Todd took me to the local ski shop on my first morning to rent my Skis where I also got a good discount by staying at the lodge. After you finish skiing on your last day, you just leave the Skis at the lodge and they will come and collect them. It’s so easy. Todd organised my lift pass for me when I booked and again I got a great discount for a 4 day pass.

The food was varied and plentiful. It’s not restaurant quality, more good old fashioned home cooking and judging by the empty plates after dinner the other guests enjoyed it too.

All of the other guests that I met whilst staying there have been coming to the lodge for years. Some since the early 70’s, and they keep coming back. That should be a recommendation on its own.

The Lodge does have wi-fi in the main lounge but there is a respectful etiquette amongst the guest to keep use of mobile phones confided to the bed rooms or outside.

If you want a place where, after a good days skiing, you just want to unwind and relax then this place will fit the bill perfectly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HappySkierUK
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Another trip to the Timberhouse this year. Once again we were not disappointed. The food was excellent! The help were wonderful! At the Timberhouse they take such good care of you! It is quiet and peaceful. We have been going to Timberhouse for 15 years and will continue going there. It is a great place to take the family. They can also accomidate large groups like ski clubs. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price! It is truly a little piece of Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank roon221
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 25, 2010

This was our second visit to the Timberhouse, and Todd and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. With a family-style atmosphere, TimberHouse provides a real get-away with no TVs, so we play games, read, talk, play music and watch the movies projected on the big screen each night. The food is homemade, delicious and always filling enough for a full day of skiing!

Even the kids have a wonderful time, as the TimberHouse is away from the main road, so they have the run of the lodge and are frequently throwing snowballs and sledding right outside the main lounge/living room area.

A wonderful place for a relaxed vacation - no worry about going out for meals, cooking or cleaning up, just skiing, relaxing and feeing cozy. We'll gladly go back again!

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank lhuckabee
Huntsville Alabama
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Group of 35 from our ski club spent our spring break at TimberHouse. Very diverse group in ages (6-86) and skiiing abilities. Staff was fantastic - knew everyone's name and went out of their way to assist us - had a super talent show. Another large family group and several smaller groups were also there - filled to capacity. Outdoor hot tubs and a nice ski/sledding hill, ping pong and pool tables plus a large assortment of games and puzzles and an evening movie kept everyone entertained. Lack of TV provided a nice escape. This was our second stay at TimberHouse and we will definitely go again. Love the atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank ShastaDaisy05
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed February 9, 2010

My wife, two children, and I had the pleasure of staying for a week at Timberhouse Lodge. This was our first stay at Timberhouse, which seems to be a "rare" thing as most of the other guests have been staying at Timberhouse for two and sometimes three generations. Yes, we are talking 30 to 40 years of coming to Winter Park and staying at the SAME LODGE EACH YEAR. If that is not enough to convince you to give this place a try, I do not know what will. It has a charm and a traditional feel that is truly unique. Built in the 1940's and run for many years by the Timmerhause family (German), there are German writings and sayings throughout the lodge. We felt like we were nestled in a European Lodge the entire week. Now run by Todd Waldren (2nd generation Waldren owner) it was evident that he and the staff strive to give returning families the same care and service that they have built a lifetime of memories on while at Winter Park. The staff are mainly college age kids who work at the Lodge and ski/board whenever possible. They were all extremely bright, friendly, and waited on us hand and foot. The food was excellent and my kids loved the ice cream sundaes for dessert. Just having the luxury of returning from the slopes, laying in the hot-tub, and then having dinner served without having to go out at night is reason enough to stay here. But Timberhouse is so much more!!! I enjoyed a week with my wife and kids (who are growing up way too fast) without the distractions of the internet or television. Yes, the movies at Timberhouse are GREAT! We all enjoyed the pool table and ping-pong table in the basement. The only negative is the train, which passes through the Village at Winter Park at night. Thus, Timberhouse is one of many lodges/hotels in the area who cannot escape this reality. But, earplugs worked well. Do not stay here if you like the party scene or want modern furnishings and decorations. You wil be disappointed! Otherwise, like Master Card...a week with family at Timberhouse Lodge is PRICELESS!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family