“Great fun!”
Review of Grand Adventures

Grand Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter Activities: Grand Adventures is Winter Park and Grand Lake's premier snowmobile tour and rental outfitter. We offer guided and unguided adventures at 4 locations with the best terrain around. Family friendly to more adventurous options available. Summer Activities: Grand Adventures offer's Side by Side ATV tours to the top of the Continental Divide in the summer out of our Winter Park location. We also, in conjunction with our sister company MAD Adventures offer whitewater rafting on Clear Creek and the Upper Colorado River.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We reserved the day before, were given great advice about preparations, and took a 2-hour unguided trip. Fantastic scenery and trail conditions. The top is very exposed so if you are planning to go there definitely wear full face protection. I had never ridden before but was soon very comfortable handling the machine on the well-groomed trails after the brief instructions. Well done!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our family of 6 were so excited to snowmobile up to the Continental Divide, especially since we had our exchange student from South Korea with us. As we walked out to the snowmobiles we got a lecture from Henry about how we are responsible for every and any damage done to the snowmobiles while we are driving them (we realized this was the case because we signed their waiver stating such). Then he proceeded to tell us about how a lady was just charged $1500 for driving her snowmobile too close to the edge of a trail and she fell off the trail hitting a tree. After we all did "damage checks" on each of our snowmobiles (a good 20 minute process) where they document every existing scratch, dent or bump - we were able to go. I HIGHLY recommend you take a picture/video with your cell phone of every bump or dent on the snowmobile before leaving - otherwise it's their word versus yours. The first disappointing part of the trip was how amazingly slow and cautious Henry led our group up the mountain. I'm thinking there is no way an accident will happen going this slowly and cautiously. I know personally my husband and I were hoping for a more exciting ride (going over 20-30 mph would have been reasonable). Oh well - better safe than sorry I suppose! Then we stopped at the first scenic overlook to take pictures and Henry told us we could get off the snowmobiles and he told us to keep the engines running (because I specifically asked before getting off). My husband went to take a picture of my 14 year old daughter (who was a passenger on the back of his snowmobile) and she leaned in to hold the handlebars and ACCIDENTLY hit the throttle (because it's right there) causing the snowmobile to "jump" into Henry's (our guide) snowmobile. Needless to say it dented the front bumper of my husband's snowmobile, and fortunately did not damage Henry's. My daughter was absolutely horrified that this happened and was surprised since it all happened so fast. Henry spent the next 5-10 minutes assessing the damage - which only made my daughter feel worse about the "accident". Then we proceeded to the top of the Continental Divide where my daughter didn't want her picture taken or have any part of enjoying the beautiful scenery because Henry again was calling down to the lodge about this damage/incident. By this time the other people in our group were asking what the problem was with the snowmobile. When we told them, they were shocked that such a big deal was being made about a bumper dent. Several of us walked up to see what everyone was looking at again and Henry commented that he "was going to lose his job if any more accidents happened" that day. I finally spoke up and said it was a very innocent accident and doing snowmobile tours are going to come with some bumps and dings along the way. I asked if we could just stop assessing this bump so we didn't ruin the trip any further (which it was too late since my daughter felt so terrible since such a huge deal was made about her absolutely innocent mistake - it's not as if there was dangerous or neglectful driving occuring when the bumper was dented). Then for a 3rd time of making a deal of this accident - our entire group had to stop midway back down the mountain for the Owner to stop and look at the damage done to the bumper. We finally made it down to the bottom where they put a $500 hold on our credit card until the shop could get back to us with a damage estimate. We all just wanted to leave and forget the past 2 hours had just happened since we had already spent $550 and were about to pay even more, and our family's spirits were dimmed (my daughter was in tears and our exchange student was consoling her). In the end, they charged us $150 - which we technically signed saying we would pay - so I won't complain further about that (although a local ski rental shop was appalled they charged us). The most disappointing part was that 3 different stops were made to look at the bumper/humiliate my daughter further and by the end we weren't able to enjoy the beautiful Continental Divide - which it truly was an amazing view! We talked about this situation with several locals that evening in Winter Park - and the best advice we received - was that this IS very typical customer treatment for snowmobile tours leaving from the Winter Park Mountain Lodge destination. Apparently leaving from Beaver Meadows or the Grand Lake destinations results in a much better experience. They had several stories to tell us specifically about how poorly customers had been treated leaving from the Winter Park Mountain Lodge destination.

4  Thank Steph S
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We did a two hour guided tour with Tyler on March 21. Tyler did a very thorough safety briefing and instructions on how to operate the snowmobiles. The views were awesome and the ride was a lot of fun. The only area for improvement is to please consider less aggressive down trails for inexperienced drivers and passengers. Overall I would strongly recommend Grand Adventures!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are thinking about snowmobiling in Winter Park, JUST DO IT!!! We have snowmobiled in the past and I have to say this was nothing short of amazing. We did the 3 hour guided tour. Next time (and yes, there will be a next time), we will just rent them for 2 hours and do it unguided. Everyone who worked there was very professional, the equipment was good, and it was well worth the money. A super fun day away from the ski slopes.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

we chose a unescorted tour and had the best 2 hours ever ....scenery was unexplainable , the most beautiful , tranquil . very clear trails , good working snowmobiles and a FANTASTIC time !!!