“Great Ski Value”

Best Western Alpenglo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This hotel was just what I was looking for. No frills, clean and inexpensive. I was there to ski and just needed a convenient place to crash. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast, while no gourmet meal, provided just the right choices for me to get my protein, complex carbs and fruits to start a hard ski day. The hotel is almost directly accross from a ski shuttle stop and is one of the last stops so it is very convenient. Several nice restaurants are within an easy walking distance. I recommend Randi's Grill and Pub. In short, I had a pleasant stay and will stay here again next time I ski Winter Park.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Alpenglo Lodge

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Stayed for a three day ski trip recently. Good value, clean, very friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for the shuttle to ski slopes and restaurants in town. In fact, everyone we met in the town and in the ski village were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I spent the weekend at this hotel with a group of friends and it was a great time. The room was a good value for the price, the front desk staff were great (helpful, friendly, etc.), breakfast was quite extensive, and the hot tub was nice. I've stayed in Winter Park Resort hotels before and the Best Western was certainly better.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We are from Denver and have a hard time justifying the cost of a ski town hotel, and this hotel completely justified it! Super nice, patient, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful front desk staff. Usually we're lucky to find ONE of those traits! I agree with previous reviews that the location is wonderful-I put my skiers on the bus across the street and returned to my comfy, cozy room, then walked to shops and lunch. My children were happy with the breakfast, hot and cold choices, a variety of protein and sinful carbs-waffles, muffins, donuts, bagels, cereals-good skier food, my teenagers claim! We liked the peg board for coats, and appreciated the fridge/freezer and micro being part of the room cost! Kudos too for having plenty of towels!

I too could have done without seeing my reflection on the loo, but I did eat a healthier breakfast because of it!

I say stay here, it was worth the dollars and absolutely worth missing the traffic.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The front desk personnel were very helpful and courteous and the breakfast was excellent. I will definitely stay here again on my next snowboarding vacation to Winter Park!!

Reviewed January 18, 2011

My first trip to Winter Park for a New Year's ski vacation with my 20 year old daughter and 16 year old son was great, due in large part to the wonderful accomodations and service at the Best Western Alpenglo Lodge. The room itself was very comfortable with ample storage, two great queen beds, table, chairs, TV, a small fridge, and microwave. We especially loved the lobby area where we enjoyed a hot breakfast each morning before skiing in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. The hot chocolate, cappachino, coffee, and juice were available at all times. The service was very good and our hosts were very friendly and helpful with information on how to get around. High speed internet was available and I used the computer/printer in the lobby to check-in for my return flight prior to departure. Being on Main street, the lodge was conveniently located on all the shuttle bus routes to and from the Winter Park Ski resort as well as within walking distance of several eating establishments and shops. At roughly $112.00 per night with tax included, the room was a terrific bargain and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

We had a one night stay at this Best Western for a ski weekend. The beds were comfortable, the halls were quiet (couldn't hear people stomping up and down the hall at all hours) and breakfast in the lobby couldn't be beat. The hot tub could have been a little hotter but it was nice and large for our family and friends.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winter Park
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park
Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel

Been to Best Western Alpenglo Lodge? Share your experiences!