“Great Find”

Best Western Alpenglo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great Hotel for a quick stay. Had to find a hotel last minute because of a pop up snow storm in Winter Park, and this was a great find! Helpful staff, very comfortable beds! Free Breakfast was also a great perk! There was also a really nice spa with a large hot tub--very quaint on a snowy night!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Originally planned on visiting Estes Park but could not due to the flooding and the motel canceling my reservation. Plan B was to visit the the west side of Rocky Mt Nat'l Park. Even though I have had a lot of bad luck with Best Westerns the past couple of years, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Parking was tight. Breakfasts were very good. Friendly staff. Unfortunately I did have an incident when I came back to my room ill for the 3rd night of my stay. My door to the room was not closed all the way and I was able to push it open as the automatic door closer was not strong enough with the carpet at the door jamb. I did end up missing something but could not swear if it was in the room or my rental car when it disappeared. It was alarming as I have never experienced this before and I left my business computer in my room thinking it was safer than in the car while I was hiking. Luckily that did not disappear. I reported the incident to the front counter in case the missing item was turned in and they later offered me a free supper, but I had to turn them down due to being ill fromt the altitude. Too much hiking at 9000+ feet too soon. Except for this little incident in which the staff learned an important lesson (hopefully), I very much enjoyed my stay and will stay again if I visit the area.

Room Tip: I was in the first room on the third floor next to a pop machine. I could hear the pop machine runn...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent one night at the Alpenglo when traveling between Ft Collins & Steamboat Springs and it was the perfect place for a 1 day break. The hotel is very clean & modern with a friendly and helpful staff. All of the old town is within 2 to 3 blocks walk not not overly touristy like the ski areas. There are several good restaurants close by. The free breakfast was plentiful with good variety.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

You feel welcome the minute you walk into the lobby of this lovely Lodge in Winter Park, Colorado. Terrific staff, beautiful/clean rooms with great beds and pillows!! Stop in and enjoy. Access to the Lodge is so convenient, right on CO Hwy 40; within walking distance of many restaurants, bike rentals, walking paths and shopping. The mountain views are spectacular from this hotel. You can easily enjoy day trips to Grand Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Staff was great and room was clean. My heater/air conditioner made noises, so was easier to turn it off. Continental breakfast was typical - nothing special. Overall, I'd stay again, but nothing super special.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christina B
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This Hotel lives up to the quality I have seen in other Best Western Hotels with exceptionally friendly and kind staff in a small Ski Town. I definitely would recommend staying here for the reasonable price and great location on the main street walking distance to everything like restaurants bars and shuttle buses.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay. Our third floor room was nice and there are elevators! Towels were much thicker than we had had at our previous hotels. The front desk staff was great and prices were good. Breakfast was about the same as you find at all the chains.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park
Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel

Been to Best Western Alpenglo Lodge? Share your experiences!