“Fraudulently changed the amount on my credit card charge”
Review of Casa Mexico

Casa Mexico
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were visiting "music on the mall" where Casa Mexico is located that evening. We ordered from two places, one of which was Casa Mexico. My wife had no issue with the food she received.

My complaint is that I purposely did not put a tip on the credit card slip, but opted to give the server $20 cash. She was nice and it was obvious she was doing a lot of running with all the people that were there. She was very appreciative. However, when I saw my statement after returning home someone had added in an additional $7 tip for themselves. I can't know for sure who it was, but I don't think it was our server because she was a nice lady and a hard worker.

It could have been her, or someone else in the establishment after she turned the ticket in. I did contest the issue with my credit card company and won a refund of that amount to my account.

It's a shame the experience had to be tainted by some unscrupulous person.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Good Mexican restaurants are difficult to find even if they advertise as "authentic". The salsas were excellent and the food was really good. The menu selection had a great variety to choose from. The atmosphere was also nice with outdoor seating. This met my expectations and released my inhibitions for finding a good Mexican restaurant in Winter Park.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Sopes, chile rellenos and tostados packed with flavor were amazing. Refried beans were authentic and no doubt the best we've ever had! Great and friendly service from the owner to boot. After living in Texas for 6+ years and traveling the southwestern U.S., Casa ranks as one of the best mexican restaurants we've ever visited. Wish we could have visited more than once. Get there early as it fills up fast!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

House margaritas are large and delicious! Food is pretty tasty too. Conveniently located near shopping and entertainment.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was in town for the blues weekend and both nights I had dinner I ate here. Carne asada each time. The Esteban margarita is very good and the price is right.