“Casual, family atmosphere!!”

Cuisines: American
Lake Kiowa, Tx..
“Casual, family atmosphere!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and have been pleased with food and service. Will made sure we were well taken care of. The food selections were met with approval by my Granddaughters. The big screen TV's were enjoyed during the Olympics. I would recommend giving the Tavern a try. We weren't disappointed.

Visited February 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Unlike many posters, we were unable to experience the food because our treatment by the staff was so atrocious that we decided to leave.

My wife had received an e-mail for Winter Park passholders which advertised a deal, starting March 1, 2014, for a $10 pepperoni pizza after 4 pm at Five Moutain. We were staying at the Vintage (where the restaurant is located) and decided to try it after coming off the slopes. This was a mistake.

When we asked our server, Will, about this deal, he informed us that he was new and had not heard of this deal. We showed him the coupon (contained in an e-mail on my wife's iPhone) and he indicated that he would ask his manager. Will returned shortly thereafter, and informed us that the deal would not be honored. When pressed, Will became defensive and accused us of lying by stating that the coupon must have been for a prior year. We showed him the date the e-mail was sent (February 27, 2014) as proof that it was not a year old, and he still tried to pass the blame and said there was nothing they could do. At no point did he offer to have the manager come over and speak to us. Out of disgust at the way we were treated, we decided not to eat there.

I later returned and asked to speak to the manager, Greg. To his credit, the manager was very apologetic and stated that he would definitely honor the deal after reviewing the e-mail and coupon in question. However, after our experience with our server, Will, I informed the manager that while we appreciate his offer, we did not wish to dine there due to the rude treatment received from his staff member.

Based on the level of service received, I would not recommend this restaurant to anybody. There are far better eateries in the village, which actually care about their customers.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank TheElGriff
Westminster, Colorado, United States
“It's not delivery. It's DiGiorno!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Mary Jane ale was good. Pizza was horrible, pretty sure it was frozen. It came out on the cardboard circle you normally see with frozen pizza.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Wow very tasty burger”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ok, I need to preface this with a caveat - I had just gone on a long hike before arriving for dinner and was hungry and tired, and usually in that condition everything tastes excellent. That said, however, I think the burger I had at Five Mountain Tavern was one of the best I've ever had. Cooked perfectly (no burned edges, not too dry), plenty of fresh toppings, and served on a soft roll bun. Service was attentive although it was a slow day and it was hard for the server to not be available. A little more expensive than would be ideal, but I didn't feel like I overpaid. Overall I think we would be back.

• Visited July 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Best burger I've had in awhile”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We ate at Five Mountain Tavern on July 4th. The place was dead. I was nervous about the reviews but it was raining outside and we were staying at the Vintage so I decided out of necessity we would eat here.

The food is higher priced than at lower elevations but I have yet to visit a single resort town with reasonably priced anything!
The staff was nice but not terribly attentive but I gather she was hanging out at the bar watching the table because she was right there when we need something.
We ordered a classic burger, mushroom swiss burger and mini corn dogs. I do not think I have ever seen such tiny corn dogs but there were ample in the basket to fill up my 7 year old. They look a little burnt but he didn't complain. The kids meal comes with serveral side options which was nice. It was disappointing that the cup of fruit came from Dole with ample syrup but it was still nice to have the option.
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed or burgers. The meat was hand formed and not from a frozen disc. It was cooked correctly and was not over greasy. Their sweet potato fries made a nice side.
Beer was steep at 5.5 a bottle and the décor could use some sprucing up.

• Visited July 2013