“Great restaurant, great pub, best in Winter Park”

Hernando's Pizza Pub
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Winter Park
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I ate here last week during our stay in WP. (Winter Park Mountain Lodge Review seperately)

Got to say, the service was superb and consistent with the incredibly warm welcome we had wherever we went. The pizza choice is excellent, though, maybe for us in the UK, typically the portion sizes are huge!

We opted to share a 14" pie, half-half and was not disappointed. Waiting time was very comfortable, neither rushed (undercooked) or tardy. Just right.

Prices are reasonable and the drinks choice comprehensive. The guys at the table next to us had wings and a salad and 2 pizzas and there was enough to feed a family of 8 easily!.

A really good family run pub / restaurant that I would have no hesitation recommending. In fact, we went back again.

Some people have wondered about the honey on the tables. Well a view of Man v Food when Adam went to Boulder, CO for a "mountain pie" will explain everything!! :)

Gluten free options is unusual to find ( didn't taste it, but even so...top marks for effort).

Try and get there before 7pm as it is very popular, not by default (easy in WP...) but because it is so very good.

Jeff D, Owner at Hernando's Pizza Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Damien, thanks for writing such a flattering review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased that you and your wife enjoyed everything, and hope you went back across the pond with a great impression of Winter Park! We hope we'll see you both again the next time you're hitting the slopes. Thanks again, and take care, Jeff Davidson, Owner

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant definitely has character. We enjoyed the tables near the fireplace. It also offers a tasty gluten-free pizza...Something that isn't easy to find!

Jeff D, Owner at Hernando's Pizza Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I appreciate your review, KatBran. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm glad to hear that your visit was enjoyable, and that the ambiance was nice and the gluten-free pizza tasty. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,
Jeff Davidson, Owner

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Not sure what the honey on the table is for?!? Waitress was a bit gruff, perhaps having a bad day. Enjoyed the pizza though.

Thanks for stopping in, and for leaving a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our pizza—the honey is for dipping the extra crust in! I apologize if the waitress was gruff. Everyone has bad days and, unfortunately, you may have caught us on ours. With that said, I hope you’ll stop by when you're back in Winter Park—you've got to try the honey with the crust.

Warm regards,
Jeff Davidson, Owner

Reviewed January 10, 2013

There is a lot of hype around this restaurant, so after many years of coming to Winter Park my family thought we'd give it a shot. We had tried to eat here in the past but the wait was always 40+ minutes. Let's just say I am very glad we had no wait this night because I've had better italian food at the mall food court. My disclaimer; no one at our table ordered pizza so maybe that was the big mistake. The kids meals were falling off the sides of what looked like a little bread plate and even the full dinner meal portions were squeezed onto a little plate. It was so odd that my 5 year old son even commented, "next time can you bring my dinner on a real plate." All of the pasta dishes were just slapped together with the pasta and sauce never really blending as a dish; the pasta was not cooked right, the chicken parm was pretty much no chicken and all cheese, the meatballs were hard and without flavor, and the garlic bread was dry and bland. We wouldn't even ever consider going back to try the pizza.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your family's meal. Your opinion means a lot to us, and I will share your feedback with our kitchen and serving staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While we understand that everyone has their own tastes, we've been blessed with customers who love our food. I sincerely hope that you give us another chance to impress you when you are back in the area. nnBest, nJeff Davidson, Owner

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

First day we arrived at Winter Park a friend recommended Hernando's and was quite a nice surprise to have such a good pizza!
Atmospere is nice and cozy, waitress friendly, and the menu with lots of good things to choose from. Children's menu has enough options, though we had to order a 10 inch pizza for my 6 yr old, as pizza was not in the kids menu. But he loved it and took home what he left at the restaurant.
We came back today, as the location was close and we enjoyed our dinner the first day we went. If you are in the area I do recommend!

Thank you for your recommendation and your review! We're pleased to hear that you've dined with us not once but twice, and that both times were enjoyable. We're especially glad that your son loved the pizza -- we know how hard it can be to keep the little ones happy. The next time you're in town, we would love to have you back!nnThanks again, nJeff Davidson, Owner