“Great burger, OK everything else”
Review of The Ditch on 40

The Ditch on 40
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wanted to love this place - so many people we know rave about it - but found it a mixed bag. We went on a Sunday evening around 630, to find the restaurant side already closing, but we were able to sit in the bar. This we pretty much had to figure out on our own - the woman at the restaurant stood about 3 feet from me and didn't over any help until I asked her if they were still open. Once settled, the bartender was very nice and helpful, despite having a lot of customers all on his own charge. We had a nice table, and it wasn't too loud on a Sunday. The Ditch Burger and sweet potato fries were great. My husband went for the Taste of New Mexico (his family is from there, so he was excited to try it), and found it so-so. Kid meals were underwhelming but fine. Best bet, based on our experience - burger and a margarita!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife had the "Ditch" burger, and I had the "Sean" smothered in thier green chile sauce. Nice location that overlooks main street. We had great service.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Next time youre on the main drag in winter park, look up. Not at the mountains, look up to the second floor of the building where this joint sits. Even though it's right there in town, it's possible you might miss it.

Walk up the stairs and you will be treated to New Mexican green and red chile preparations - get em on your burger, your tamales, what have you. That's what this place is all about - classic hatch chile stuff for your sandwich! I like the red better, but the green is a little more signature.

There is a restaurant side, some tables outside, and a bar side - I found the bar side to have less of a fried food smell, so we sat over there.

Nice vibe - locals eat here, owner works the floor. I would definitely return.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate on the Patio, which needs some attention. One of the umbrellas was broken...Staff was very friendly but not too efficient. However our food came in a reasonable amount of time. Tasted great, well prepared and presented in the basket. Would eat here again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good food and good beer! The staff was also extremely nice! Seemed like a place were most of the locals went. A bit of a smaller selection of food but everything was delicious!!!