“Unit 28-08 is the only really nice place we've seen at Meadow Ridge.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Meadow Ridge Resort
Sugar Land, Texas
“Unit 28-08 is the only really nice place we've seen at Meadow Ridge.”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

This is an update to a previous post. Since my last post we have stayed at Meadow Ridge two times, and I will not stay here again unless I can stay in building 28 unit 8. We were told that this unit is now being rented from a different rental company, so we stayed in a different unit and omg it was nothing like our usual place. Outdated, cheap furniture, just depressing really. I'm sure there are other good units here, but I have only seen the one good one. For our visit last March, I called around and found that 28-8 is being rented out by Winter Park Lodging Company. We booked it, showed up and it was fabulous! Love, love, love this place. I could move there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank lorrie-n-john

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
kansas
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We just came home from here. Left early Friday morning, The trip was over 700 miles. Got there late. Had booked through RCI. If you want a place to relax and enjoy your vacation go elsewhere, We were told this was a stand alone "cabin" type location. It wasn't. There are 12 units per building. That was the first disappointment. Went inside and discovered the place was dirty. Old food on the floor, dirty couches. NO air conditioning. The only TV was in the living room and it didn't work, there were NO TV's in the bedrooms. The bathroom was so small barely one person could fit. We were used to having zacuzzi tubs, separate showers etc. in the units we had booked with Wyndham and RCI. This place also has no washer/dryer in the unit. The freezer did not even have an ice maker. There was mold growing in the bathroom. Plus the people in the unit next to this one had a barking dog. There is no available interent in the unit. After driving almost 12 hours to get there we called RCI. They had no other units available in the area. We drove down off the mountain and found other accommodations for the night then headed back home. Over 1400 miles in 2 days. We had planned a weeks relaxing vacation seeing country we had never seen. Had a few things we wanted to do, plus just explore the area. We didn't get to do any of this. There is a poster on here who showed her pics of a really nice unit. I don't know whose place this is, but it is not what you will get if you are booking through RCI. We have made a complaint with RCI about this place and hope they do something about it. You do not want to stay here.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dbKansas

Travelers are raving about these Winter Park hotels

Saint George, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I stayed at the Pines at Meadow Ridge Resort through a RCI exchange in November 2009 (timeshare). Needless to say, that after a stressful drive on a road that twisted high up in mountains, we were disappointed by the property. Though the Winterpark ski slopes are only 10 miles to the south, the resort's unit quality takes away from any possible pleasurable stay. Units are "rustic"... I'm not sure if they've seen renovations since being built but the units certainly are showing their age. When I checked into the unit, it was obvious that the cleaning staff did not finish since the stove/range was apart and a bag of garbage was sitting in the middle of the kitchen. When I travel, I expect to at least "upgrade" from my old college apartment. Wood-panel walls and shag carpet were once common in the 1980s but this is the 2000s. What once gave the impression of "warmth" and "cozy" now gives the impression of "worn" and "dark/dirty". Check-in was interesting. Though I have used "off-site" check-in at other properties in the past, this check-in is located in an office building without any signage. I was unsure if I was in the correct office right up until the time they gave me the unit key. In my opinion, the Winterpark area offers a slower pace when compared to that of Vail, Cooper Mountain and Breckenridge and the views of the mountains are wonderful. But I am sure that I will be consider another timeshare property versus returning to the Pines at Meadow Ridge.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank StandingRoom
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We love Winter Park in the summer for the hiking, and in winter for the skiing. We have tried most of the places around Winter Park, but we always come back to Meadow Ridge. It has amazing views of the mountains, it's a great deal, and they have a club with outdoor hot tubs that are so fun to sit in after skiing.

I think these condos are owned by individuals, and the quality is very different from unit to unit. I hesitate to publish this because I want it to be available, but we have stayed in several of these condos and the best one we've found is in building 28 unit 8. It has been completely redone and is quite a bit nicer than others. Great beds, wood floors, new kitchen, flat screen tv in every room, fireplace and internet wi fi, and an amazing (!) view of the mountains.

Meadow Ridge has a shuttle bus you can take to the ski resort or to town, which is nice when skiing because they drop you off at the base of the slopes and you don't have to worry about parking. We love a Mexican restaurant called Azteca a few minutes away from the condo, and there's also a nice grocery store to get breakfast and lunch supplies.
We book this condo through a company called Vacations Inc. You can google it. I don't know if that is the only rental company for Meadow Ridge or not.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed February 16, 2008

We opened the ski season and made great memories! We had a fabulous time and our Meadow Ridge condo was a vintage, quaint, lovely place to rest our skiing legs. Very comfy and clean. Great location, beautiful views, awesome hot tub and health club. Terrific quality restaurants nearby. Loved sitting in the hot tub watching the amazing sunsets! Highly recommended. We will return!

• Liked — Great location, great views, great hot tub!
  • Disliked — nothing...
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank chicagogirl62
TX
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We stayed at Meadow Ridge Resort January 17-21, 2008. First, if you stay here, make sure you check in at the office off-site in WInter Park a few miles away. We booked through Travelocity and had no intructions to do this, so we showed up on a below zero night trying to find the front desk at the resort itself.
As for the condo, it was neat, simple, and cozy. Be sure to open a window or something, because ventilation is very poor inside the condo. It is conveniently located on the free shuttle route with access to the Safeway grocery store and Winter Park ski area. If you need anything in the way of towels, paper towels, etc., you have to trek back to the main office in Winter Park. This wasn't a problem for us, because we just reused our towels and had enough paper towels, etc. Another feature is the resort has a ski rental place on site, which turned out to be very convenient with competitive prices. All in all, Meadow Ridge is a good place to stay if you're planning a nice family ski trip.

• Liked — Conveniently located close to Winter Park ski area
  • Disliked — Having to check in/out off-site
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank nujvel
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2007

Last Minute Ski trip on March 8-17,2007:
What a great place! It's all coming. This whole place is a ticking time bomb and on its way to great things.
We stayed in Fraiser.We were concerned that we were far off the mountain. There is really nothing at the mountain itself to do. It is all in the small town of Winter Park. Stay in Winter Park if you like to shop and walk to Rest.. (4 now-they are building it)
We stayed in the complex called Meadow Ridge. It was okay. Ask in advance if they have internet access. Because we were only capable of access once out of the week we were there.
The area is extremely reasonable in price.
Honk Kong Rest. Good food..Untamed -is not a steak house more like a south western and the food was down right awful..Timberline Thai the little shack just past the tubing in fraiser -It was the best food we had. Sushi was good as well.

This mountain has it all for everyone to ski. The way I would descibe it is:Higher then Killington, Vermont but less steep. I would recommend this mountain to people who have never been to Colorado. It is less intimadating and easiest to ski. It is simply a pretty place. And I had a great family trip,..Tubing is in fraiser and there is a small park in downtonw winterprk that you can tube at as well. Enjoy...My kids and I had a fantastic vacation. My husband the Black Diamond skier liked it because he said: it has levels for everyone.

8 Thank relaxed34