“Timeshare Units are Outdated, in Need of Upgrading”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Meadow Ridge Resort
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I stayed at the Pines at Meadow Ridge Resort through a RCI exchange in November 2009 (timeshare). Needless to say, that after a stressful drive on a road that twisted high up in mountains, we were disappointed by the property. Though the Winterpark ski slopes are only 10 miles to the south, the resort's unit quality takes away from any possible pleasurable stay. Units are "rustic"... I'm not sure if they've seen renovations since being built but the units certainly are showing their age. When I checked into the unit, it was obvious that the cleaning staff did not finish since the stove/range was apart and a bag of garbage was sitting in the middle of the kitchen. When I travel, I expect to at least "upgrade" from my old college apartment. Wood-panel walls and shag carpet were once common in the 1980s but this is the 2000s. What once gave the impression of "warmth" and "cozy" now gives the impression of "worn" and "dark/dirty". Check-in was interesting. Though I have used "off-site" check-in at other properties in the past, this check-in is located in an office building without any signage. I was unsure if I was in the correct office right up until the time they gave me the unit key. In my opinion, the Winterpark area offers a slower pace when compared to that of Vail, Cooper Mountain and Breckenridge and the views of the mountains are wonderful. But I am sure that I will be consider another timeshare property versus returning to the Pines at Meadow Ridge.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank StandingRoom
There are newer reviews for Meadow Ridge Resort

Reviewed September 18, 2009

We love Winter Park in the summer for the hiking, and in winter for the skiing. We have tried most of the places around Winter Park, but we always come back to Meadow Ridge. It has amazing views of the mountains, it's a great deal, and they have a club with outdoor hot tubs that are so fun to sit in after skiing.

I think these condos are owned by individuals, and the quality is very different from unit to unit. I hesitate to publish this because I want it to be available, but we have stayed in several of these condos and the best one we've found is in building 28 unit 8. It has been completely redone and is quite a bit nicer than others. Great beds, wood floors, new kitchen, flat screen tv in every room, fireplace and internet wi fi, and an amazing (!) view of the mountains.

Meadow Ridge has a shuttle bus you can take to the ski resort or to town, which is nice when skiing because they drop you off at the base of the slopes and you don't have to worry about parking. We love a Mexican restaurant called Azteca a few minutes away from the condo, and there's also a nice grocery store to get breakfast and lunch supplies.
We book this condo through a company called Vacations Inc. You can google it. I don't know if that is the only rental company for Meadow Ridge or not.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2008

We opened the ski season and made great memories! We had a fabulous time and our Meadow Ridge condo was a vintage, quaint, lovely place to rest our skiing legs. Very comfy and clean. Great location, beautiful views, awesome hot tub and health club. Terrific quality restaurants nearby. Loved sitting in the hot tub watching the amazing sunsets! Highly recommended. We will return!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank chicagogirl62
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We stayed at Meadow Ridge Resort January 17-21, 2008. First, if you stay here, make sure you check in at the office off-site in WInter Park a few miles away. We booked through Travelocity and had no intructions to do this, so we showed up on a below zero night trying to find the front desk at the resort itself.
As for the condo, it was neat, simple, and cozy. Be sure to open a window or something, because ventilation is very poor inside the condo. It is conveniently located on the free shuttle route with access to the Safeway grocery store and Winter Park ski area. If you need anything in the way of towels, paper towels, etc., you have to trek back to the main office in Winter Park. This wasn't a problem for us, because we just reused our towels and had enough paper towels, etc. Another feature is the resort has a ski rental place on site, which turned out to be very convenient with competitive prices. All in all, Meadow Ridge is a good place to stay if you're planning a nice family ski trip.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank nujvel
Reviewed March 19, 2007

Last Minute Ski trip on March 8-17,2007:
What a great place! It's all coming. This whole place is a ticking time bomb and on its way to great things.
We stayed in Fraiser.We were concerned that we were far off the mountain. There is really nothing at the mountain itself to do. It is all in the small town of Winter Park. Stay in Winter Park if you like to shop and walk to Rest.. (4 now-they are building it)
We stayed in the complex called Meadow Ridge. It was okay. Ask in advance if they have internet access. Because we were only capable of access once out of the week we were there.
The area is extremely reasonable in price.
Honk Kong Rest. Good food..Untamed -is not a steak house more like a south western and the food was down right awful..Timberline Thai the little shack just past the tubing in fraiser -It was the best food we had. Sushi was good as well.

This mountain has it all for everyone to ski. The way I would descibe it is:Higher then Killington, Vermont but less steep. I would recommend this mountain to people who have never been to Colorado. It is less intimadating and easiest to ski. It is simply a pretty place. And I had a great family trip,..Tubing is in fraiser and there is a small park in downtonw winterprk that you can tube at as well. Enjoy...My kids and I had a fantastic vacation. My husband the Black Diamond skier liked it because he said: it has levels for everyone.

8  Thank relaxed34
Reviewed February 12, 2007

I booked this hotel because it was tied for cheapest and it had a hot tub (the other didn't.) It is actually a condo in a condo complex about 3 miles from the resort and 1-2 miles from the town of Winter Park. I think that the quality of room amenities depends on the unit owner and how they choose to furnish it. Ours was fantastic, a little home away from home. It had a video library, board games and everything else you would want at a vacation home. It is a 2* property because of the amenities -- no shampoo, no room cleaning, no restaurant on-site, even check in was in Winter Park (Meadowridge is in Fraser).

If you book online throgh travelocity they do not give you the full check in details, they give you the number of the management company but the address of the resort. Luckily I called from the airport and found out the key pick up details and the after hours check in procedure otherwise we would have been left in the cold -- literally. Overall, I think it depends on the unit and location in the complex. We were in Building #9 and it was right across the street from the pool/workout building and on 2-3 shuttle routes but I think others are not as convienient. And nothing was broken or missing from our unit, it even had a real fireplace!

Stayed: February 2007