Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Valley Hi Motel(Winter Park)
Crestview Place(Winter Park)
View Hotel
Elk Run Townhomes(Winter Park)
Trailhead Inn(Winter Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsmoffat stationmountain lodgeacross the streetski shoprooms were very cleanduring ski seasonshuttle servicefree shuttleski tripbrewerysnowwpsaunavillageequipmentsummerskier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2005

When I called to ask about the hotel, I found out that contrary to all the other hotels we were planning on staying at on our trip from Chicago to San Francisco, they did not offer complimentary continental breakfast. We were travelling with our 3 year old son and would need a convenient way to give him breakfast in the morning. Therefore I specifically asked them if they had a full service restaurant and the person at the front desk (Brittany) said they did have a restaurant and that it was open daily for breakfast and dinner. So I made a reservation and when we arrived I confirmed with Britanny at the front desk that the hotel restaurant served breakfast and dinner. Additionally in our room there was a folder about the hotel services that clearly stated the restaurant was open DAILY for breakfast and dinner. So, until now I really do not see any chance for a misunderstanding. Unfortunately when we went to have breakfast we found the restaurant doors locked. This was terribly inconvenient for us since we had to board the Amtrak early in the morning and we did not have a car to drive into town to find somewhere to buy food for our son.
I immediately called the manager (Dave Milito) regarding this situation, only to receive a very unprofessional and rude response, saying that I must have "misunderstood", because the restaurant was closed for breakfast on Mondays and Tuesdays. I asked him how it was possible to misunderstand something so simple as a person and a brochure saying "restaurant open daily for breakfast and dinner", but he did not offer an answer or solution or any type of compensation for what I believe was bad advertising scam and an outrageous lie. I told him I did not authorize payment for that night, because I had not received the services I was promised, but he said I had already signed a paper at check-in authorizing them to charge my credit card, so there was nothing I could do.

Stayed: August 2005