“Wow! What a view!”

Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Lodge and was very happy with the rooms and service. We were on the 3rd floor and overlooked the ski slopes and village. The only drawback was the noise from the highway IF we had the windows open. Once closed we could hear no noise. I would highly recommend it, especially during the off season as it is convenient to both the village and to Winter Park.
The young man (Nick) at the desk the evening we checked in was working by himself and was very professional and accomodating to our needs even though he was also answering the phone and dealing with others looking for rooms.
The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There was a swimming pool and hot tub also but we didn't use them. Would recommend this place anytime you are in Winter Park, Co.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spunkysam

Reviewed July 5, 2011

After reading the reviews on this place I was really nervous about having booked here. The horror stories of parties and getting rooms in the rear building were everywhere. Turns out they were all unfounded, at least on our stay.

The room was nice, had an unusual layout which allowed for a large, floor to ceiling window in a little nook. The views were amazing. The room was very clean and had everything we needed.

Upon checking in, the guy at the front desk was great, and told us to make sure we called if we needed anything.

The most pleasant surprise was the restaurant. At first I thought we were in trouble, because the menu was very limited, but when the food came we were blown away. It was great. The beer brewed on-site was excellent as well. The only negative was there was only one person working, so he did triple duty as waiter, server and bartender. After a slow start he kept up with everything and did a great job.

About the only thing the negative reviews got right was the pool area. It could definitely use a facelift, and one of the hot tubs was still not working, as had been mentioned in several reviews. The working hot tub had an off color and unusual smell and I didn't want to stay in it for more than a few minutes. The pool seemed fine, if a little chilly.

Don't know that I would stay here again as a first choice, but if this was the only place available I would stay here with confidence.

As for the mysterious "rear building" the only thing I can say is that must be where they stick the whiners who complain about every little thing.

Room Tip: Go during the off season.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Mountain Lodge is easy to get too and very reasonable in Winter Park terms, but it's difficult to get to the village from this hotel. It's across I-40 from the main Village and there is no underground tunnel (hey, WP Resorts...you need to do this) so you have to walk down on main I-40 to stoplight and cross. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Also, we paid an extra $10 to be on the mountain side, which you do see the mountain, but you also listen to road noise all night. When in the mountains, we prefer to sleep with the windows open, but it did get rather noisy. Lastly, I made the reservations for both couples and asked that we would be near each other. Reservations told me we were on the same level, but a few doors from each other. Unfortunately, we weren't even on the same level and we didn't check in together so we weren't able to catch it.
Would I go back? Sure, if I need a cheap, clean place to stay and I didn't have to haul ski stuff to the mountain.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2011

First stayed here in 2006, and didn't think twice about coming back to stay again. The rooms are really nice, always clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. The facilities there are as good as anywhere. Had spectacular views from our room. The restaurant is also really good, does really enjoyable food with a good selection, Have been back to winter park 5 times and always make sure we stop in at the restaurant wherever we stay.
The snow mobile tours that run out of the back of the hotel are also a huge bonus, Although can be used if your not staying here, I throughly recommend booking a trip.
Whilst beth the ski resort and the main town are only really accessible by the shuttle buses, during the winter, unless of course you have a car. The shuttles are very reliable and run all day, so it doesn't really become an issue!
I would recommend for anyone to stay here, and would definitely go again if we can.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hayleykh
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I had read the reviews on trip advisor before selecting this hotel for my holiday. I was nervous to say the least about all the reviews on the condition of the hotel, location, etc. But in the end we chose the hotel based on the price and hoped for the best.

I am really pleased that we stuck with the hotel as my experience couldn't have been better:
- location of the hotel was close to slopes and the bus transfer wasn't too bad (usually every 20 mins)
- hotel rooms were a good size (we were on on the 1st floor, facing the back garage)
- we were on a half board package and the evening food at the brewery was a good selection
- staff were very friendly & helpful. A special mention in particular to Sarah & Chum who run the morning breakfast service, they were always welcoming and cheery, making breakfast enjoyable and updating us on the weather & local news.

We had a great holiday in Winter Parks and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snowboarder155
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This is a $39 a night place. The door jamb was bent from being kicked in, so the door couldn't be locked. The room was beat up, threads hanging from chair, beds old with no support, just plan worn out.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mick M
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Every aspect of the Mountain Lodge provided full value for the money. The staff were friendly, knowledgable, helpful and pleasant including the resaurant staff. The room was large, clean and had all the anticpated amenities. Beds were large clean and comfortable. The view and housekeeping staff made time in the room pleasant. The location was excellent, quiet and frequent door to door shuttles made getting around easier than so called "ski-in/ski-out" sites that require walking with all gear through the village. For the money I would recommend this property to anyone interested in skiing. If you want to be "seen" go to Aspen or Gstaad!
Also, the on site ski/rental shop is excellent!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Zephyr Mountain Lodge
Zephyr Mountain Lodge
#3 of 25 in Winter Park
Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel

Been to Winter Park Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!