“Good Food”

Add it.
The Bistro at Iron Horse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had dinner a couple of times and the food was great in both cases, I remember the turkey sandwich and the New york strip.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stay at Iron Horse so this very convenient to not have to go back out but you have to be very careful ordering and I think folks need to say something if the is a problem.

My son had the crab and corn soup and said it was excellent. My brother had strip steak which he said was quite good. It didn't look great to me but he liked it.

I had prime rib and it was cold. Another table reported the same problem. I mean cold as in right from the fridge and slice it and send to the table. Sent it back for warmup but that made it well done and not so great.

The grand kids didn't even care all that much for the Mac and cheese and they are forgiving on that dish! One grandson had the burger and was quite happy with that.

Son and daughter had spaghetti and meatballs. Suffice it to say they were underwhelmed with both the pasta, sauce, and meatballs.

The homemade bread is very good.
The wait staff tried hard for godd service but it seemed to be just out of reach. Not that they weren't nice folks-- just seemed like a lack of experience issue.

1  Thank mikeinthefort
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Sorry, but very mediocre food at best. Sorry, because everyone who works there was friendly. But the food just didn't cut it. Only good thing was we didnt have to drive there because we were staying at the resort.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

we stay at the Iron Horse and eat at the Bistro at least twice every time we stay in WP. You wouldn't know there is a place to eat in the village this good unless you stumble across it or are staying at the Iron Horse. (It's not part of the winter park resort company apparently so it's not on their website.) Been to Randis, Denos, Fontenots, Albertos, Cheeky, Doc's, Lime, Club Car, Sunspot, Star of India, etc . Wih the exception of the Star the Bistro has better service and the food is consistently pretty darn good.

Admittedly I really like a place that the first time you sit down the bartender treats you like a regular. And if the next time you walk in (3 weeks later in our case) he looks at you with a smile of recognition and can remember you like scotch up, then I'm sold. That tells me they have the gift for service. Steve, who runs the place, has that gift.

had dinner there several times now, and breakfast a couple. the food is pretty simple steaks, pizza and such but well prepared, quickly served and consistently good.

they have a guitar player etc on Friday and Saturday nights during ski season and they have also been surprisingly good.

The Iron Horse is a pretty avaerage ski condo but we keep coming back because of the Bistro. Give it a try