“Best Indian food outside of the UK!”
Review of Star of India - CLOSED

Star of India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Seattle, Washington
“Best Indian food outside of the UK!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm a big fan of the Classic Indian food served at the local curry houses of my hometown in England and was yet to find something of a similar quality in the US until I found this gem! Great food and good service are what await you here! I was a little sad to see on a return visit that they have downsized the restaurant space but the downsize definitely did not effect the big portions of great Indian food here! Highly recommended to all British travelers wanting a taste of home!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“yum!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I love Indian food. I really, really do. This place did not disappoint! Pleasant atmosphere and friendly staff as well. But the food, wow, so good.

• Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent Indian cuisine”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having been to India in May, we thought we ought to try Star of India in Winter Park. We were not disappointed. It is the off-season, so we were the only people in the restaurant, which is small. Nevertheless, the food was great. It was very much like what we remembered from our experience in India. I ordered the Spicy Lamb Vindaloo and I tasted a little heat. I normally eat habaneros with my meals, so I was pleasantly surprised. This is definitely a restaurant that I'd return to.

• Visited October 2013
Denver, Iowa
“Delicious Indian Food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was very delicious, but there is a bit of delay to get your food, and the server appeared to be in training. Overall I was pleased with the dining experience and will go back, as the food was very good.

Visited August 2013
Colorado Springs
“Best Indian food this side of India”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wow! Seriously, this is as good as the food I enjoyed in India and better than any other Indian cuisine I've eaten in The States. The restaurant is comfortably upscale, the service nicely personal, and the food cannot be beaten. The quality of the ingredients, the recipes, preparation, presentation, and the attention to detail are all top-notch. Their samosas, naan, and lamb dishes are all winners.

I wish we had something this good at home.

• Visited July 2013