Woodspur Lodge
Best Western Alpenglo Lodge(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
$101
Valley Hi Motel(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
$95
$89
$89
$78
Trailhead Inn(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
$139
Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
$88
All reviewsfamily reunionbreakfast and dinnerhomemade cookiesfamily atmospherehot chocolateperfect venuegathering areaski tripsalad barother guestsour home away from homecorporate retreatfourth triplarge common areacommunal diningevery afternoonwonderful family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our holiday at Woodspur Lodge in Winter Park is possibly the best holiday ever. As a ski resort Winter Park is one of best areas we’ve ever been to – so many runs to choose from and such a variety of terrain. However, it was coming back to Woodspur at the end of the day which was the icing on the cake.
I would sum up our stay at Woodspur as being more like staying with friends than being paying guests. Jeannine just seems to attract that sort of clientele and it certainly added to our enjoyment of the holiday. The Lodge was very comfortable, friendly and homely. Our welcome home each day was a plate of freshly baked cookies with tea, coffee and hot chocolate on tap, all in front of a roaring log fire. Sweets, savoury nibbles and a variety of fresh fruit were also available at any time.
Breakfast was at 8.00am and evening meals at 6.30pm with all the guests at one table when numbers allowed. This added to the atmosphere and the homely, feel-good factor. The food was excellent and plentiful but not fussy or too fancy – good home-cooked food. Just what was needed to sustain the next day on the slopes.
Prior to our arrival Jeannine and the team provided excellent service with advice on ski hire and the purchase of lift tickets. During our stay they could not have been friendlier or more helpful and all our needs were catered for. It was really hard saying goodbye to Jeannine and all the team at the end of the holiday and I’d jump at the chance to visit again in the future – if only we didn’t live across the other side of the pond!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just stayed at the lodge for 5 nights with my family of 8 ranging in ages from 5 to 55. We ALL enjoyed ourselves. We were able to relax. The little ones were safe and we didn't have coordinate the 8 of us for breakfast and dinner. The location was convenient. We skied, took a dog sled ride and visited the hot sulphur springs. Next time we will snowmobile too. The food was delicious. Fresh fruit every morning as well as a prepared hot dish. Dinner was always good too. The staff was super friendly and funny. Jeanne and her daughters were awesome too. Very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere around friendly people. The lodge is nice and very clean. We stayed in two rooms that had been updated. The mountain views are beautiful through the floor to ceiling windows (2 story vaulted). I enjoyed meeting and playing games with the other guests. We all enjoyed playing pool and making up new games. We never turned on the TV!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family of four just returned from a four night stay at the Woodspur. We absolutely loved it! The accommodations were clean, the staff professional and the home cooked meals were amazing. We especially loved coming in from a day on the slopes and getting into one of the two hot tubs. It is perfect for couples, families or singles. I can without hesitation recommend the Woodspur. We will return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Jeannine and Jimmy, the owners, have become endeared to us through their excellent and personal interest in us and everyone in our group. "Our group" has been staying at the Woodspur since the 1980's and return every winter to ski. We have even visited in the summer. The staff has always been attentive and fun; their warm smiles make me happy myself! We look forward to spending our time at Woodspur. Jeannine has made sure that our every need to fulfilled (from a late-night check-in with snack when we arrive after hours and starved) to special, out of the schedule "drop offs," excellent referrals to local businesses and services, and one-of-a-kind special events. Every year Woodspur treats our group to a Super Bowl party and even those, such as myself, who don't care for football have a great time. The food is always plentiful and tasty. In fact, this year the food was extra special. Of course, there's nothing like Jeannine's meatballs!
My husband and I would highly recommend Woodspur as THE place to stay in Winter Park and, look forward to next year's trip! JoAnne N

Room Tip: I prefer a room with a bathtub rather than shower and I prefer the main floor on the front of the building as it has a balcony and a fantastic view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I actually met at the Woodspur. Needless to say, it holds a special place in our hearts.
From the moment I entered the lodge all those years ago, I felt right at home. The owners, Jimmy and Jeanne, and their children do their best to make everyone feel welcome.
The old lodge is charming with its rustic timbers and huge windows in the great room; everyone gathers round the fireplace in the morning and afternoons to talk. The food is served family style with family receipes dominating the menu.
It's an especially good place for familes and/or old friends to reunite and reconnect.
We return every year to do just that and would encourage everyone to do the same.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business