“I didn't want to leave!”
Review of Woodspur Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Woodspur Lodge
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just stayed at the lodge for 5 nights with my family of 8 ranging in ages from 5 to 55. We ALL enjoyed ourselves. We were able to relax. The little ones were safe and we didn't have coordinate the 8 of us for breakfast and dinner. The location was convenient. We skied, took a dog sled ride and visited the hot sulphur springs. Next time we will snowmobile too. The food was delicious. Fresh fruit every morning as well as a prepared hot dish. Dinner was always good too. The staff was super friendly and funny. Jeanne and her daughters were awesome too. Very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere around friendly people. The lodge is nice and very clean. We stayed in two rooms that had been updated. The mountain views are beautiful through the floor to ceiling windows (2 story vaulted). I enjoyed meeting and playing games with the other guests. We all enjoyed playing pool and making up new games. We never turned on the TV!

There are newer reviews for Woodspur Lodge

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family of four just returned from a four night stay at the Woodspur. We absolutely loved it! The accommodations were clean, the staff professional and the home cooked meals were amazing. We especially loved coming in from a day on the slopes and getting into one of the two hot tubs. It is perfect for couples, families or singles. I can without hesitation recommend the Woodspur. We will return!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Jeannine and Jimmy, the owners, have become endeared to us through their excellent and personal interest in us and everyone in our group. "Our group" has been staying at the Woodspur since the 1980's and return every winter to ski. We have even visited in the summer. The staff has always been attentive and fun; their warm smiles make me happy myself! We look forward to spending our time at Woodspur. Jeannine has made sure that our every need to fulfilled (from a late-night check-in with snack when we arrive after hours and starved) to special, out of the schedule "drop offs," excellent referrals to local businesses and services, and one-of-a-kind special events. Every year Woodspur treats our group to a Super Bowl party and even those, such as myself, who don't care for football have a great time. The food is always plentiful and tasty. In fact, this year the food was extra special. Of course, there's nothing like Jeannine's meatballs!
My husband and I would highly recommend Woodspur as THE place to stay in Winter Park and, look forward to next year's trip! JoAnne N

Room Tip: I prefer a room with a bathtub rather than shower and I prefer the main floor on the front of the bu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I actually met at the Woodspur. Needless to say, it holds a special place in our hearts.
From the moment I entered the lodge all those years ago, I felt right at home. The owners, Jimmy and Jeanne, and their children do their best to make everyone feel welcome.
The old lodge is charming with its rustic timbers and huge windows in the great room; everyone gathers round the fireplace in the morning and afternoons to talk. The food is served family style with family receipes dominating the menu.
It's an especially good place for familes and/or old friends to reunite and reconnect.
We return every year to do just that and would encourage everyone to do the same.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our group, ranging from 2 to 5, have stayed at the Woodspur many times. The staff is all about service. When you make reservations they ask if you would like to purchase lift tickets in advance to obtain significant discounts. They ask if you need to rent skis, if so, recommend renting them in advance on line and delivered to the lodge for fitting. This saves time that can be used to ski and again with a significant discount. They shuttle you to and from the mountain thus saving parking fees, hauling skis and walking longer distances to the lift. The food is "home cooked", always hot, VERY good and plentiful. The convenience of not having to go out and find food, not knowing the quality and often waiting for extended periods is wonderful. We have stayed in bed and breakfasts, rental house, condos and motels at many resorts but have found the Woodspur the best by far. Dave A.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful place to stay either during ski season or the summer. Ideal for families as breakfast and dinners are included and you eat in a family style dining room. Lodge type atmosphere, fire place, log furniture and beautiful view of the mountains can be seen from floor to ceiling windows in the large lodge great room.

A plus for skiers is the service provided by Ski Depot - they come to the lodge to fit you with skis,poles, boots, etc. and pick them up when you are ski vacation is done!
Woodspur takes you to the mountain and back each day or you can ride on the local bus route to and from the mountain. They even have snacks out for you when you return from skiing!!
Staff and owners are very friendly and helpful and the food is outstanding.
I highly recommend this laid back and friendly ski lodge to anyone wanting a great place to ski, hike, climb or just enjoy the mountains.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My sons and I have stayed at Woodspur every year since 1997, when my youngest was 2 & 1/2. We ski a lot of places, but I've never found a situation more accommodating for kids. Everyone shares the large living room, eats breakfast and dinner together, they shuttle you to and from the mountain, let you use the washers and dryer. Having raised my sons on my own, our trips to Woodspur have been the easiest part of our lives. The owners and staff are more accommodating than you can imagine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 25 in Winter Park
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Woodspur Lodge? Share your experiences!