“Love this Place!!”
Review of Woodspur Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winter Park
Woodspur Lodge
Reviewed May 15, 2012

It's funny... I usually don't write reviews, but for some reason, I just felt so compelled to share our wonderful experience at this lodge.

When our other plans fell through, they were able to accommodate us and WOW what a find! We arrived in the afternoon and met Jeannine and Jimmy (and their children- so sweet!) as well as some of the other guests whom were being shuttled back from the mountain in the Woodspur vans. Everybody was just so nice. I've never experienced an environment like this in any hotel.

We had dinner (AAA-AMAZING) and great conversation by the fireplace as the snow began to fall. It was like a scene from a romantic movie (with the exception of having brought the children! :)) Seriously, the kids had a blast and we really got to relax more than we had in some time. Everything was so nice and comfortable and the snacks and beverages were plentiful and delicious.

We are planning a trip back to Colorado this summer and Woodspur is at the top of our list!

1  Thank Kim D
There are newer reviews for Woodspur Lodge

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We came here as part of a large group that has been staying at the Woodspur for years and had a blast. Jeanine, the owner was always availble and very accomodating to the needs of our group. Everyday we were shuttled to the mountain by friendly Woodspur drivers. They were always on time to drop and pick up, and picked us up early upon request. They even took us to rent our skis! Both breakfast and dinner were served by a group of friendly girls, who also cleaned our rooms on a daily basis. We were very appreciative of the staff, but were concerned about how much they worked. All the staff worked through the morning and then again at night, and by the closing of the week, you could tell they were worn out.

All in all, this is a great place for groups but I genuinely feel for the staff and hope they got some R&R after we left!

Room Tip: Request the 100 rooms! While clean and tolerable, all other rooms are very dated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cheeeerio
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've traveled to Colorado and Utah for ski vacations many times. I've tried the ski-in ski-out condos, as well as the typical motels and hotels. By far, the best option I've come across has been the Woodspur Lodge in Winter Park, Colorado. The lodge itself is rustic and cozy, I believe it's actually built with the original timbers that supported the first ski lifts at Winter Park. There's nothing like coming back from a great day of skiing and relaxing in some comfortable clothes, just walk down the hall to the great room and be served a warm, delicious meal. No looking for a restaurant, making reservations or waiting for a table.
The staff was very attentive to any requests my son and I may have had. My son especially looked forward to the home baked cookies that were put out every afternoon around 3 o'clock.
The ski area is just a 5 minute shuttle ride away and downtown Winter Park is even closer. We enjoyed a little snowshoeing one afternoon behind the lodge and came across a few red fox and I'm told occasionally you may even spot a moose nearby. If you have any energy left after skiing my son would also highly recommend the Winter Park Recreation Center, it is a first class facility located just a few minutes away.
All in all our visit to the Woodspur Lodge was an excellent Rocky Mountain getaway that we'll look forward to do again! Thanks to Jeanine and Jimmy and all the staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dina F
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were married at the Woodspur Lodge 5 years ago after attending another couple's wedding there. Our wedding experience was incredible. My husband's one request was that the wedding and reception would be in the same location. The Woodspur one upped us; we also had lodging in addition to the ceremony and reception in one place. Jeannine and her staff were super helpful and allowed us to create the atmosphere we wanted. We've returned several times now...for our wedding anniversary and to celebrate my January birthday. For my birthday, we invited several families to join us at the Woodspur and everyone loved it. We always have a fantastic weekend, with incredible food, cozy bar, relaxing hot tubs and space for the kids, both big and little, to hang out.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed here in January 2012 for a corporate retreat. Our experience was above and beyond what I expected. Jeanine and her staff we more than accomodating - they welcomed us with open arms and tended to every need we had. The views from the main living area are breathtaking. The lodge is conveniently located with ample parking, so that's a plus too! We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Friendly, convenient family run lodge, with very authentic mountain atmosphere. Excellent food for breakfast and dinner, helpful friendly staff. I come with some of my family each winter.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel given the mostly positive reviews here, but was quite disappointed. We paid $260 per night for two people. This was a bit high compared to the other hotels we were looking at, but we figured that the fact that both breakfast and dinner were included, as well as the convenience of not having to find someplace to eat after a long day of skiing, would make up for the cost difference.

The room was the biggest disappointment. It was very dated and could have been cleaner. The beadspread in particular was quite dingy and looked like it had not been replaced in many years. Also, the drain in the shower was slow, to the point that you were standing in several inches of water while showering. Furthermore, I can only assume that this was one of the nicer rooms in the hotel, since we were the only guests there during our stay.

The food was quite good, and it was very nice not to have to find someplace to eat dinner after skiing all day. However, dinner on the first night was pasta, which while delicious, seemed like a rather cheap meal considering the premium we were paying for having dinner included.

The hotel has two hot tubs, and we used one of them. It seemed clean, but only one of the jets was working.

The staff was friendly and attentive. However, we were asked at breakfast one morning if they could start cleaning our room while we were eating. This seemed like an odd request given that it was clear that we were leaving for the day immediately after breakfast, and we were the only guests in the entire hotel.

The common areas of the hotel were quite nice, and I could definitely see the appeal of a hotel like this for a large group. However, for us, it simply was not worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 25 in Winter Park
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Woodspur Lodge? Share your experiences!