Just got back from a 4 night stay in Winter Park, CO at the Iron Horse Resort. The Iron Horse is large condo/resort located along the ski in/ ski out corridor which takes you to the base of winter park mountain, right at the Zyphyr Express chair lift. My husband and his friend enjoyed the easy access to the slopes, although they did say at times it flattened out so you had to push yourself along for a bit (they snowboarded).
The lodge has a small restaurant, Tabernash Tavern, we did not eat there during our stay, but reservations are recommended during ski season as the one time we did try to grab a bite, they were booked until 8pm (it was 6:30). They have a bar that has a decent variety of beers on tap and a wine list that is larger than you would think for such a small restaurant. Servers were all very friendly. The lodge staff was also very friendly and helpful.
There is an indoor/outdoor pool, part of the pool is indoors and part out. It is heated so it's tolerable during the winter. They also have two hot tubs outside to help you relax after a day of skiing (or shopping). The fitness center is small, but has the basics if you're wanting to workout (treadmills, variety of weight machines and few free weights). Make sure to stop by the front desk before heading to the hot tub or pool as they don't keep pool towels in the pool area (too many people stealing them is what I was told), or just bring a towel from your room.
There were three of us (my husband, me & his friend) on this trip and we booked a studio room. The room had a full kitchen, gas fireplace, dinning table, sofa w/ pull out bed and a murphy bed (bed that is pulled out from the wall), bathroom and balcony. Near the entrance to the room there was a great tiled floor and hooks for coats and gear which worked out well since you'll have wet, possibly muddy shoes when you get back from being out.
The lodge is on the less expensive side (~$140/night), but well worth the value in my eyes. The location was great and there was plenty of room for the three of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance to the ski lifts at Winter Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Iron Horse Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iron Horse Hotel Winter Park
- Iron Horse Resort Colorado