I stopped at eh Iron Horse for a couple of nights while returning from Steamboat Springs. I booked the unit through the Winter Park Ski Area web site and was most pleased with unit I was assigned.
The Studio Condo was on the fifth floor, a short direct walk to the ski trail accessed from that floor for a true ski in ski out location. Access is via a Green trail but to reach it requires skiing a Blue trail on the Mary Jane side of the WInter Park / Mary Jane Ski Area. The Blue Trail is groomed daily but if there is a heavy snow, it can be challenging for Novice Skiers. An alternate to returning to the complex is to use the free ski area shuttle.
The unit was excellently equipped with a gas fireplace, plasma TV, a full kitchen with modern appliances and a small balcony. The room was quite spacious with the Murphy Bed on one wall stored away..
The full bath was rather small but more than adequate. Storage was plentiful with a couple of small cabinets built in and numerous hooks for hanging gear. The management requires skis be stored outside the unit at the on site ski shop which is not too much of a problem although it is located on the ground floor and reached by one of the three elevators in the complex.
Parking is free and inside one of two garages on the ground floor of the complex.
I would definitely stay here again if skiing Winter Park for both the convenience and the accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance to the ski lifts at Winter Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Iron Horse Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iron Horse Hotel Winter Park
- Iron Horse Resort Colorado