We stayed five days in a one-bedroom unit on one of the upper floors and enjoyed the convenient ski-in / ski-out. This room was nicely decorated and had a full kitchen. It seemed to be individually owned and rented out as part of the Iron Horse Resort, so I assume each unit might be different and therefore it's not possible to give a general rating for other units.
The pool area is nothing special, but the waiter from the nearby restaurant serves this area and brings the beverages right to the hot tube. Small gym only and no sauna, which would be nice during the winter time.
Despite the advantage of the slop side location, there is nothing close by other than the one restaurant of the property. However, a 10 minute walk along the ski track leads to the Winter Park Resort with shops, bars and entertainment. A free shuttle bus brings you to Downtown Winter Park with all required services, and runs until midnight during the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance to the ski lifts at Winter Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Iron Horse Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iron Horse Hotel Winter Park
- Iron Horse Resort Colorado