“I like the mountain(s) layout”
Review of Winter Park Resort

Winter Park Resort
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Winter Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located just 67 miles from downtown Denver on the west side of the Contintental Divide, Winter Park Resort offers over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain, 25 lifts, five terrain parks and a new slopeside village including lodging, restaurants, and shops. In the summer, Winter Park is home to Trestle Bike Park, the fastest growing bike park in North America, with over 40 miles of downhill trails served by three lifts, lessons, rentals and more. Other fun activities include tubing hill, ice-skating, snowshoe and snowcat tours!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Panama City, Florida
357 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 538 helpful votes
“I like the mountain(s) layout”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been multiple times with large groups and just by myself. What I like most about this resort is how they have almost separated the terrain difficulty by mountain. If you want something more challenging, spend your day on Mary Jane. If you are just learning or refreshing you can stick to Winter Park Mountain or Vasquez Ridge. Since all the mountains are easily interconnected you can pick and choose through the day or as conditions change.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rather_Nomadic

• Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“First Time Adult Skier”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I took an all-day group lesson and lasted nearly through to the end! My instructor was great and very patient with me. I was terrified but he helped me calm down and eventually learn the basics of skiing. I hope to go back and build on what I learned!

Ellicott City, Maryland
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Variety for all levels of skiing”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Winter Park offers everything that a family of varied abilities would need to enjoy a week of skiing. The trails are well marked, and it appears that great consideration was made for how trails are laid out. It is much easier to move from one part of the mountain to another than at many other resorts to which we have traveled. It is also easy for an advanced skier to take a trail near an easier one if there are different ability levels in the group. A large number of the trails are really pretty, again, making me think the trails were skillfully laid out to keep the skier's interest. The Sunspot restaurant on mountain is also very attractive and the food tasty.

jstandage01@gmail.com
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent facilities for everyone”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've just returned from a week at winter park. We have had a brilliant week. The facilities were excellent from the groomed slope, staff on the lifts, down to the 'helpers' in the resort holding the question mark placards.
My only gripe was the long walk from the shuttle bus stop through the resort to the meeting place on the slopes.
You must look out for the guy on the galloping goose lift. When riding on lift alongside, people were heard to shout 'who rocks the house?'.......a man would run out of his hut & bellow up to the lift 'the goose rocks the house'. This became the catch phrase for the week.

London, England, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic skiing in Colorado”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We loved Winter Park. A great ski resort, at a fraction of the price we have paid in the past to visit Vail or similar resorts in Colorado. Would definatley reccommend for anyone. Ski terrain is great and varied. Ski School wasgood. I had a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old in ski school and they both loved it.
A great thing I loved is that at the base of the mountain, free pull along wagons are provided for you to load up your kids and pull them back home. What a brilliant idea! TIP: grab one a little earlier of ski schools finishing as they do all go, but we never had a problem getting one.
In the heart of the resort itself, at the mountain base, eating facilities at night time are limited, but a short trip on the bus to the town and you have a variety of options.
All in all a great ski location and I cant wait to go back.

Visited February 2013