“Good little lunch and coffee place!”
Review of Mountain Grind

Mountain Grind
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Mountain Grind Bistro, home of the world's most enlightened baristas, is Grand County's first organic only coffee, chai and milk coffee shop. With over 25 years of combined experience, we lovingly craft made from scratch recipes and the creamiest lattes. We have vegan and gluten free friendly options. We buy locally raised and organic chicken, grow some of our own greens, make our own sausage and chorizo so that it is nitrate and chemical free. We bake our own bread, pastries, desserts, and make our own fudge. We care about the planet so we recycle, and use no plastic water bottles or bags. We care about those who share the planet with us, so we support local charities and host community events. Because at Mountain Grind we believe we can change the world with our own two hands!
Dallas, Texas
“Good little lunch and coffee place!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We came for lunch after snowmobiling and really enjoyed it. We started with a hazelnut latte (excellent) and hot chocolate. My husband had the Croque Monseiur (great!) with the cheesy potatoes and I had chili and cornbread. The chili was good but maybe a little different than I'm used to (being from TX I guess). I still enjoyed it. We got fudge to go (salted caramel, chocolate pecan and tiger) which were all excellent. Still eating on them 3 days later :)

Visited February 2014

Garner, North Carolina
“We couldn't stay away!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited Winter Park off season thinking we would see the National Parks when the government shut down, along with the National Parks, so we made lemonade out of lemons. We discovered that Winter Park was President Eisenhower's western White House and the home of the woman who was the inspiration for the TV show Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Coming from the south on the coast, we got altitude sickness, plus it snowed, so we stayed in at night. During the day, we hung out several days for lunch at the Mountain Grind. The owner made everything including all the breads and desserts. The place had a funky, 70's feel with a piano folks would come in and play. It was obvious it was a local hangout. The carrot cake was to die for. We would split a piece for lunch, they were huge, and get a piece to take with us for after dinner. Isn't carrot cake a vegetable? Don't miss it if you go there.

• Visited October 2013
Winter Park, Colorado
“Amazing food, cute shop!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This restaurant was amazing, the food was great and the shop was really cute! I had the Killer Griller sandwich plus the Pumpkin Spice soup. They were both amazing. I also bought some mint chocolate fudge for dessert. As a fudge connoisseur, I can safely say that theirs is the best fudge available in the Rocky Mountain area. After lunch I also bought some merchandise from the shop in the restaurant. I got an adorable hat and a really nice scarf. I've never enjoyed my lunch as much as I did today at the Mountain Grind Coffee and Bistro shop. I would definitely recommend going there for lunch or breakfast because the atmosphere is really pleasant and the food is amazing!

• Visited December 2013
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We ate breakfast at this charming restaurant twice during our brief stay in Winter Park. The food and service were both amazing. Huge portions and great coffee. Perfect way to start a full day of skiing. Excellent!

• Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Weak coffee, stale pastry”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stopped in here to grab a quick coffee to go and also purchased a bread to go. The coffee was so weak, we had to throw it away. We even selected the "bold" blend. The bread (banana?) was also clearly a couple of days old. I hate to rate a small place like this so poorly, and I know it was in the off season (October) but honestly, the quality was really poor. It did look like their sit-down breakfast was good although I don't think that would make a difference in their coffee quality.

• Visited October 2013
blizzard50, Owner at Mountain Grind, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I am so sorry for your experience @ mtn grind. If you would contact me i would be happy to reimburse you. I'm puzzled since we do not serve banana bread here & make our pastries fresh daily. Even in october. but things do go wrong & we always want to make it right for you. Its always unfortunate to hear of things in this manner instead of being able to fix things on the spot! If you send me an address, i'd love to send you a free bag of our organic fair trade beans and some pastries. See if you don't change your mind! Thanks for your candor & please try us agin when you are in winter park!