“The worst experience of our lives!!”

Winter Park Chateau
Ranked #2 of 3 Winter Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Would you stay in a place that:
1. Interrogated you on why you needed extra shampoo and took the extra ones back because they wanted to save it for other guests
2. Asked your children who were just laughing to keep quiet (They are 4 years old for Gods sake!!)
3. Told you "There goes the hot air!" each time you opened the front door?
4. Told you that they wanted you "Out of here" by 11 am?
5. Has trains going behind it all night? (Is this "My cousin Vinny for $250 bucks a night?)

A B&B needs the personal touch and should not be run like a prison camp!! We hated it and will never go back.

I recommended to my sister and she was humiliated in front of others for asking for shampoo to wash her kids hair!! Avoid this at all costs...not worth the money. Try Devil's Thumb Ranch...enjoy your vacation your way because you are paying for it - not because some old lady running it has control issues!

BTW, I pay them $20/bottle of shampoo on my way out.

We spend about 20 nights on average per year as a family in hotels/ resorts and B&B's and this is by far the worst - these people have no business running a customer service establishment - AVOID IT

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Winter Park Chateau

Reviewed March 9, 2010

read the reviews before we booked so had very high expectations. went back and looked again and most were the only review they have ever written so I guess those folks don't get out much.

It was okay but not excellent compared to other B&Bs we have stayed at. What distinguishes a good B&B from a hotel, which we stay in 2 or 3 times a month for work, is the personal touch from the hosts. Laura and Greg were nice enough but they were so busy taking care of the 10? 12? other guests that there was no sitting around BSing over a glass of wine. MIght as well stayed at a hotel. Add to that some quirky annoyances like dead batteries in TV remote, box spring falling thru the frame twice, no premium movie channels as advertsised, etc; it was just average.

Lastly, a small coffee pot in the room is a tiny investment and good coffee keeps the caffeine addicts from writing cranky reviews.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in February, and had a great experience. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the hosts are friendly and helpful. They provided us with significantly discounted lift tickets, cooked a really nice breakfast each morning, and recommended some surprisingly good restaurants. The walls are a little thin between rooms, but otherwise this B&B is wonderful, and we'll definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2010

This was a first for me and my wife and I have to say they really outdid themselves. We were only there for two nights, but they treated us like we were repeat customers. The attention to little details makes all the difference. We had to leave before the scheduled breakfast time on our last day and they made sure we still had something to eat before we left.

The location of the Chateaus is fantastic. Its within walking distance of several restaurants and places to pick up items for your travel. The shuttle for the ski slope picks you up and drop you off at the bottom of their driveway. Greg was gracious enough to pick us up from the Amtrak station and then shuttle us to the tubing hill on our first day. Laura helped us cash in on LOTS of discounts on equipment rental and ticket prices. We didn’t even have to leave the Chateau to get fitted for or return our equipment . We saved so much money we could have stayed another night if we had the time .

The breakfast was great. Nice and hearty. Perfect for getting you ready for a full day of skiing. They even made soft boiled eggs especially for one of the patrons that requested it! The Happy Hour was always worth the break in the day. Free wine and great appetizers helped you get through the rest of the afternoon until you were good and ready for dinner. We decided to stay in on our last night and just order pizza. Just minutes after the pizza guy left, Greg was knocking on our door to give us plates and utensils. Again, the thoughtful gestures really helped make this place stand out.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience and look forward to doing it again in the future, for a much longer stay. Oh and don’t forget your swim trunks. They have a hot tub on the second floor balcony with a wonderful view.

Josh

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Winter Park Chateau. The Inn Keepers were very kind and knew the area well. Breakfast was delicious and the amenities were fantastic. I highly enjoyed the company of other travelers as well, it really added to my experience without distracting me from my rest.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2010

If you are planning a visit to Winter Park, Colorado, let me share with you a true jewel of a Bed & Breakfast: The Winter Park Chateau in downtown Winter Park. I found this B&B last year when looking for a unique experience for out-of-state guests, and was delighted when our stay exceeded my expectations in every way. The Winter Park Chateau is owned and operated by Laura and Greg Lewis, who totally renovated this eight unit Victorian-like building. Laura and Greg are remarkably gracious hosts, and from the moment you arrive, make you feel so welcome that it is a little like going home to visit family. Your stay includes a home-cooked breakfast each morning, and then each evening a wine and hors d' oeuvres layout where the guests mingle and chat up the days’ activities before dinner at the wide variety of local restaurant choices.

The rooms are charming, comfortable and well-equipped, including large flat-screen TVs. Amenities include a large hot tub spa and on-site massage therapist. The building is one block off the main street and on a ski bus route, so getting around is easy. I had never been a huge B&B fan before my stay at the Winter Park Chateau, but since last year we have been regulars and even plan trips around availability there. Put this on your list for romantic getaways or family activities – you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Winter Park Chateau was an extremely comfortable and enjoyable experience. The owners and staff made our stay feel like home. They exhibited great enthusiasm and assistance in all manners - from letting us know what restaurants to attend to even letting us borrow ski gloves that might be warmer. The nightly horderves and drinks were an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Our room was clean and well attended to during our stay. There are truly only two potentially negative items from our stay - one, the room we were staying in was a little smaller than expected (but that is my personal fault because I delayed booking the room I really wanted) and two, there was an occasional train that ran outside the B&B. But truthfully, these were extremely minor items and we would definitely come here again. The biggest reason to stay is the hospitality of the owners and staff make this B&B a delightful experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple