“So you're asking me to leave because you assumed I didn't tip?”

Rise and Shine Bakery
Ranked #27 of 74 Restaurants in Winter Park
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“So you're asking me to leave because you assumed I didn't tip?”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My $8.00 bagel sandwich was dry, hard and tasted worse than a grocery store bought bagel. My friend literally could not fit her sandwich in her mouth because of the thickness of the bread. As if that wasn't enough we decided to have few bites of our "to go" sandwiches in an empty restaurant, at an empty table, looking at an empty bar. We were approached rather condescendingly by the disheveled, grungy looking cashier who strongly advised us that we were not allowed to stay because we ordered our food "to go" and we were sitting in the "tipping section". Apparently she had not observed my tipping 15% at the counter when we ordered.

3 Thank Jjbeanster

Monument, Colorado
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you are traveling to or through Winter Park, CO, you owe it to yourself to stop for breakfast at Rise and Shine. This is a small mom and pop type family restaurant. There are not many seats, as a matter of fact many people order food to go. We had a sit down breakfast and were very happy with the food, service, and price. All the food is homemade style. Between all of us we had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, and french toast. Being the dad in the family, I taste tested everything and it was all great. The most memorable thing we had was their homemade all grain bread. This was one of the best breads I've ever eaten. Ended up ordering a loaf to bring home to the front range. Having eaten at several locations in Winter Park, I can honestly say this is the best option in town.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank SFRetSteve
Denver, Colorado
“Slow service, rude owner”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The owner waited on us and berated his staff quite loudly in front of a full restaurant about not stocking the to-go coffee cups. But even more rude was he when the waitress brought quiches back that were intended for a wedding party and said "they have meat in them so they can't eat them- they're not Kosher" and Pete the owner made up some words and said "there- I blessed them so they're Kosher now". He looked to the customers and said he could do that because he'd lived in New York. We had already decided we wouldn't return before we got the sloppy bagel sandwich that we'd ordered 20 minutes before. Plenty of other choices in town, no reason to spend money here!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank wanderlust555
Boulder, Colorado
“The Best Bagel and breakfast this side of the Hudson River”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Very homemade scatch baked goods! The Benedict was the best ever. The bagel tasted like I was in New York City. Will go back--again and again! Character and charm.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank yourbestfriend33324
Parker, Colorado
“Our FAVORITE breakfast location in WP!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We love this place! Cozy, fun atmosphere and the best food available. Everything is made from scratch and you can tell. Hearty, yummy food and reasonable for what you get. Try the salmon bagel, it's the bomb. But be prepared, it's a popular place so there may be a short wait for a table.

• Visited July 2011