“Best Restaraunt in northern Colorado”

Chimney Park Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chimney Park Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
US
“Best Restaraunt in northern Colorado”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Jason is a fabulous chef and James is the best Sommelier. Chimney Park also has a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013

“OVERPRICED”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice atmosphere, but for the dollars, never again. We went one Sunday afternoon, 4 people, 2 bottles of wine, a few drinks and many appitizer's. 200 bucks with Tip. Will not get my money again. Nice place, food good but not that good. Just my opinion.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Amie T
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner with friends recently at Chimney Park. They have an extensive wine list. We enjoyed a bottle of Turley Zin.
The beet salad is delightful with goat cheese, watercress and fresh grapefruit. The striped bass with quinoa was cooked perfectly. Unfortunately, my husbands bison steak was very tough. We finished off with bread pudding which was delish!

• Visited January 2014
Fort Collins, CO
“I need to adjust all past reviews now...”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Well, sometimes the definition of the top gets pushed up a little higher, and that's just what happened here. The appetizers and entrees really shined in our Chef's Tasting four-course dinner with wine pairings. I cannot recommend the ($100) experience enough. I love not knowing what is coming next, but trying to guess based on the wine that was served to accompany it. The only flaw was the dessert letdown of French toast, which only rated good and did not 'wow' in any way. But other than that, bliss.

• Visited December 2013
Windsor, Colorado
“Diamond in a culinary wasteland!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

After living in Southern California for 23 years, we moved to Fort Collins, CO about 10 years ago. There is a lot to love about the northern Colorado area, but fine dining isn't among the perks. Boulder has some excellent dining, but that's an hour away from Fort Collins. Windsor, however, is only 15 minutes from Fort Collins. I'd heard about Chimney Park for a few years now, but never had the chance to try it until last night. The chef/owner changes the menu periodically and focuses on locally grown products. Our visit was with another couple and to my delight, we all decided to have the tasting menu. Our meal began with an amuse-bouche, a one bite appetizer of citrus cured steelhead trout, with capers and other yummies on a spoon. Next came the appetizer round and we all got something different: sea scallop for my friend, ricotta gnudi for me, seared 1855 black angus beef carpaccio for my friend's husband and pate for my husband. The scallop and the gnudi were my favorites, but everyone else fell in love with the carpaccio. The pate was good, but my group aren't really pate people. Still, it was something WAY different than you could get at other restaurants around here. Soups and salads came next: a beef consommé w/ chick confit for my friend, beet salad for her husband, panzanella for my husband and cream of mushroom soup for me. The panzanella with sherry vinaigrette was our favorite, hands down. My friend and her husband LOVE beets, so they really liked the beet salad too. I'm sorry that I can't remember the other ingredients in the dishes - they sound rather pedestrian in my descriptions. Trust me, they are all spectacular. Entrees: my friend had steelhead trout, I had some type of steak, my husband had bison and my friend's husband had another type of steak. The bison was the winner in this round for the meat itself, but my friend's husband and I had the best sides. He had mashed potatoes with rosemary, with a little wilted spinach and some kind of cauliflower with yummies (looked like a cauliflower casserole, but tasted like nothing I've ever had) and I had smash purple potatoes and braised kale with caramelized onions. I'm sure the trout was well prepared, but I'm just not a fish fan, and I guess I never will be. By this time we were really full, but we managed to tackle dessert anyway: my friend got a goat cheese cheesecake with rum caramel and fudge sauces, I got a pear creme brûlée, my husband got chocolate brioche bread pudding and my friend's husband was served apple french toast. The brioche and french toast were whimsical presentations, and while I appreciate the creativity, neither hit our collective sweet spot. The cheesecake was far less sweet than traditional cheesecakes, but the sauces made up for that and it was a hit. The pear creme brûlée, however, was out of this world. Let me start by saying that I don't like creme brûlée. I've had it before in differing flavors, but the best I could ever say for it was "it was ok". This was awesome. The custard was creamy and had a lovely pear taste and the caramel was sweet with no burnt taste. On top to one side were some lovely pomegranate berries and diced chopped pear with a single mint leave. Perfect ending to a perfect meal. I should also mention the service - excellent as you would expect. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and he had a lovely lyrical Belgian accent. He was attentive without being intrusive and other wait staff were equally good, keeping our water glasses filled throughout the meal. They have a huge wine list, and you can get a wine pairing with your tasting menu, but we stuck with water after our first round of drinks. I can't finish the review without a plug for the bartender, as my lemon drop martini was excellent (but how can you go wrong with Ketel citron and limoncello?). The atmosphere is very much like a bistro with a long narrow bar upon entry to the restaurant and a relatively small dining room separated by some french doors (so you could see the bar from your table but not hear it). So don't wait - make your reservations today for this gem! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2013