“Hawaii on the Front Range”

Okole Maluna Hawaiian Grill
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hawaiian Island cuisine shares the delicate combination of intense flavors and a healthy exuberance. All dishes are thoughtfully arranged by Chef Andrew Higa to ensure a healthy quality without sacrificing flavor. Many of his recipes have been passed through generations and refined to create a satisfying experience. Watch for Chef Andy's use of fresh island fish and seasonal desserts.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Hawaii on the Front Range”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

A Hawaiian restaurant on Windsor’s Main Street is a bit surprising in this small Colorado Front Range city. The owners of Okole Maluna (Bottoms Up) are originally from separate Hawaiian islands, where each of the couple grew up in restaurant families. Although my wife and I were looking for a fairly modest lunch, we read over the appealing menu list of Hawaiian dishes (with English explanations). We decided to share an appetizer plate with slices from a roll of Portuguese sausage packed in rice and wrapped in seaweed, a generous sliced beef sandwich and a bowl of Asian slaw. The sausage slices were firm, and had a delicious blend of flavors. The slightly spicy beef was excellent. The crunchy, moderately seasoned pieces of cabbage sprinkled with black sesame seeds made a distinctive slaw. With all the interesting menu offerings, we look forward to returning for lunch or dinner.

Denver, Colorado
“Terrific Hawaiian dining in small Colorado town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a treat to discover fabulous Hawaiian dining in a small Colorado Town. We spend several months each year in Hawaii and love the food and culture. When we heard there was a Hawaiian restaurant in Windsor, CO we had to go check it out. The chef totally wowed us with authentic, delicious and beautifully presented dishes. My husband totally loved the blackened ahi tuna. I tried the chicken teriyaki plate (a Hawaiian local traditional meal) and it was perfectly delicious. The mac salad was awesome and tasted just like the traditional salad we have eaten with the mixed plates in Hawaii. Then came dessert special: a macadamia nut crusted chocolate/coconut haupia pie. I cannot rave about this dessert enough. It was light and lovely with the perfect blend of flavors and textures. Several months later, I am still dreaming of this meal. I think it is time for another 1 hour road trip to Windsor and Okole Maluna Hawaiian Grill!

• Visited March 2013
Ft. Collins
“Delicious fish and chicken, beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Once again, we've not been disappointed! The amount of food always surprises me here. A lot of restaurants shortcut you when the economy takes a dive, but Okole Maluna makes sure you leave happy. From fish to chicken, and coconut shrimp, they know how to delight your taste buds! The papaya salad dressing is to die for! A full bar, a fun menu, and polite staff. The place was busy last night but we were seated and served quickly. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
Greeley, Colorado
“Great little island grill and bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I finally got to try the Okole Maluna with my wife and we were not disappointed. The waitress was very helpful and friendly and was able to explain everything we asked. We had the Coconut Shrimp appetizer which was wonderful and the Smoked Hawaiian Lau Lau for our main course. Very good. We also tried some of the Hawaiian beers on tap and they were also very good. We don't live in Windsor but will definitely be driving back over there to dine again soon.

We got there right at 5PM when they opened for dinner and they were full by about 5:30! So, arrive early if you don't want to wait.

Valrico, Florida
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for the first time. We have been on the hunt for new restaurants in the area because we are sick of the same-o and came across this place on trip advisors. I can understand why it is so highly rated. Prices are reasonable for what you get.

We had the calimari appetizer, which was ok. Both our meals came with salad. I would recommend the miso dressing as the flavor was great. I had the mahi mahi, which was some of the best I've had. It is very lightly breaded and fried. I don't typically like fried food, but this was great. My husband had the smoked pork and that was also very good. It had a very bold smokey flavor. The have a lot of tropical drink selections.

Our service was very good. We will return here for sure!