“Dirty Unkept and Dangerous”

Super 8 Wheat Ridge/Denver West
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Torrance, California
“Dirty Unkept and Dangerous”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

6-23-2021 My bus tour was booked at this facility returning from Mt. Ruchmore to CA. We arrived to find that out reservations had been ignored as the manager who booked no longer worked at this facility. The lobby was dirty. The breakfast area was dirty and crumbs all over the place. The carpet in the hall and stairs was very dirty. There were guys hanging out in the halls as if they owned the place. I was given a room key to find that there was no wall switch for the lights. The dead bolt on the door did not fit into the slot. The room smelled of urine and smoke. The bathroom door had blood stains that had not been cleaned off. There was a phone next to the bed that did not work nor was there a phone jack that it fit. At 1 AM I was scared out of my mind by someone using the same key I was given to enter the room I screamed as loud as I could and the door latch was on the door so he closed it right away. I had to use my own cell phone to call the front desk and the police. The front desk apologized and asked if she and this person could come up to the room to look for something the person had left in the room. Mind you this person was registered in this room and now moved to another room. Interesting that he could not have waited until the next day to try to get access to the room. Other people in my group complained of people's and noises in halls all night long. There appeared to be illegal goings on there and it was the pits. Very unsafe. The next morning the front desk made the comment that they always give keys to these guys when they ask!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Skip this location
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Cannot believe this still has a Ramada name to it. The manager should have been fired long ago. The entrance looks like a drug-dealing/prostitution flop house. The lobby was littered with empty food boxes and had another pile of full boxes of food for their "breakfast". When I asked to speak to the manager about the appearance of this place, he went from hanging around, watching the clerk work her tail off to disappearing and saying he would not be available until the next day! The clerk asked if we would like to see our room and when we went there, it was in the process of being cleaned...with condom wrappers on the floor and trash all over.
When the owners and management have no pride in their establishment, then occupants certainly do not. We waited until 7:30 at night and the room still was not clean...got a refund. On top of all of that, since surrounding cities had no vacancy, they charged $120 a night!
Maids were using stolen Target store shopping carts as dirty linen carts.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this seedy filth hole
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wheat Ridge hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Do not stay at this disgustingly dirty pit of a hotel. The carpet in the halls was black with filth, our blankets were stained and had holes. The rooms were filthy, no screens on the windows, the bathroom plug ins did not work, The whole hotel wreaked of smoke. It was one of the absloute worst hotels I have ever stayed in. In makes me decide never to stay in a Ramada again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Really the pictures they advertise are not even close to what you get. First room I checked into had mold on bath tub tile, soap dish was rusted out. Halls stink, neighbors smoked pot all day and also could smell that all day Loud bumping base from down stairs.The pool was empty, even though they show a really nice swiming area. It was 94 here in Denver today. Celing looked like it was going to fall in. The desk would not lower my room rate, they said I could check out and dispute the charges with expedia even though I had a non refundalbe booking.

Room Tip: Advise of the day there are no good rooms here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2012

It's after 10 p.m. and I am currently sitting in my room at the Ramada Denver West listening to a dog bark loudly in the room next door. I went down to the front desk after listening to this barking for the better part of an hour, and she was completely unhelpful. "Dogs are allowed here," she said. "It's the fault of the other hotel guests who dared to walk down the hall and upset the dog." No really, she actually said this, and in a very snotty way. This was 1/2 an hour ago. The dog is still barking.

After arriving at this pit of a hotel 2 days ago, I really should have followed my initial instincts and not checked in. The parking lot was (still is) strewn with garbage, there were some very shady-looking people hanging out in the lobby (as there are whenever I walk through), the room itself is smelly and has several maintenance issues, and the staff are about as friendly as a rock. But it was after midnight, I didn't know the area well, and I had no idea that - two nights later - I would be kept awake by a barking yippy dog.

I can only hope that this review will prevent someone else from staying in this hotel. Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if this place is even safe. My uncle, a retired local firefighter, was shocked when I told him I was staying here. He mentioned a long history of drug problems. Seeing the clientele that hang out here (most appear to be residents, not just travelers passing through), I don't doubt it.

Ramada used to be a reliable brand. I have no idea how they let this disgusting, poorly-run property slip through the cracks.

Room Tip: Drive a few extra miles and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I drive a truck and ran out of time when I reached Wheat Ridge... I checked out the Holiday Inn across the road from this location but it was a little expensive (even though work pays, I still try to find a good deal)... I went online in my truck, searched the Wyndham Web Site and found that this hotel had rooms available and had truck parking...

I drive across the road and wasn't sure if they were open, the place looked abandoned, there was one car in the dark parking lot... I approached the front door and looked up to see a huge hole in the ceiling with bits hanging down with no sign or warning tape, I tried the door and they were open... I asked if there was a room avaliable, I was told yes but if my truck was longer than 20 feet it would get a ticket!?! Umm, it's a Flatbed Tow Truck, the part the car goes on is 20 feet on its own.

The female employee that was there today (Monday Feb 27 in the evening) suggested that I try the Holiday Inn... Umm, hello, that's your competition... I work for the same company that owns Wyndham Hotels, and Holiday Inn isn't part of the family, and after this I honestly don't think that this Ramada should be either... Wow, just wow!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Avistow
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at this place and prepaid for a week. I guess its so bad there that police run plate numbers of all the cars in the parking lot. Turns out I had an old ticket and had a warrant. The police took me to jail but I was released a couple hours later. when i returned my key did not work. when went to get new key the desk girl told me I needed to check out because the manager said They dont want troublemakers there. They refused to refund the remaining days i paid for. when i went to my room my computer was gone and my stuff gone through. The manager said they went through all my stuff to make sure there was no drugs in my room but didnt take my computer. all three managers had different stories and were just disgusting people. Dont ever stay at this hotel

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel

Been to Super 8 Wheat Ridge/Denver West? Share your experiences!