“had a great lunch!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Colorado
“had a great lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I found this place by accident while looking for a late lunch in the area. The building is a little old, but so what. The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious! I had the Torta de papas which was wonderful. Definitely going to try if for dinner and enjoy the food along with some wine or sangria.

• Visited June 2012

Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
“So very much like their food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

and great local atmosphere. Went for the first time about 2 weeks ago and definately plan to go again soon!

Visited May 2012
“Diamond in the rough!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

After reading these reviews, we gave this little place a try en route to the mountains for the weekend. Unassuming from the exterior, but what they lack in curb appeal, they make up for in flavor! They specialize in South American fare-- well seasoned but not spicy. The arepas and the black bean ravioli were perfect. The empanadas were packed with flavor and perfectly cooked: crispy and flaky. The host (presumedly the owner) took our reservation, seated us, and served us. Timing of the meal was perfect; food was hot. Neighboring customers were as pleased as us. We will be back (and will probably try to save some room for the flan).

Arvada, Colorado
“Why I am I not surprised they are #1?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Another review mentioned APPLE SOUP!!! Trouble with this place is the chef has fun so it isn't on the menu everyday - how dare he not keep it as a staple! Until you have tried apple soup - don't say a word No pretentious of grandeur, comfortable, best food in the area, really great wine according to "she who must be obeyed" and no beer. If they had beer I would visit more often. Why do restaurants in one of the greatest brewing states - nay - the greatest brewing state - ignore beer? Instead of five star - I rate four for this reason alone - i don't know if it's fair but they don't listen to my complaints about beer so loose a point - otherwise they are the tops! Lovely people owners - wait staff - you won't do better - except for that beer less atmosphere.

• Visited December 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Good food if you ask me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

Impromptu dinner out with friends. They recommended it as they had been there before. I don't think they were as impressed with it the second time. However, my family really enjoyed it. We had a the ceviche for an appetizer that was quite good. I had an interesting bowl of green apple soup. I say interesting because it had the consistently of a butternut squash soup but the sweetness of, well...an apple. It was good but odd to eat something sweet like that in the middle of the courses. I had the seafood special. It was good but not outstanding. That would be the pork (special). Whatever it was called they only do it on Friday and Saturday night apparently. We talked to the chef who explained the lengthy process of making the sauce. It was TDF. My 8 year old had the beef tenderloin that was cooked to perfection. The children at the table seemed to enjoy the flan however my pumpkin cheesecake was still frozen and clearly store bought. The waiter was quite good and attentive to our needs. I would absolutely eat here again.

• Visited December 2011