“I wanted to like it... but time will tell.”
Review of Right Coast Pizza

Right Coast Pizza
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Wheat Ridge
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Phone is 303-431-6077
Description: Phone is 303-431-6077
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I really wanted to like this place, and in fact should have loved it based on Boyfriend's amazing verbal review from a couple of days prior. They must have a few different chefs, though, because he was absolutely shocked by the substandard service and food in comparison to just a few days before. I didn't have any expectations of the place, but I can't say I was impressed. The basic issue seems to be a lack of consistency of product and service, based on our experience and other reviews.

We got the bruschetta to start and for the price I expected better. It wasn't awful, but it was devoid of anything that would make it a standout item. It was essentially just an unseasoned pile of chopped onion and tomato - not bad to eat but not what I expected. It was better after absolutely coating it in pepper and grated cheese from the shaker on the table, but even the bread was dull.

The pizza itself had admittedly great sauce, although it would have been even better had the crust been done cooking, or the sauce been warm, or the onions cooked, etc. It felt rushed, nothing like the stellar pie of just a couple of days before. There was just no artistry or care put into the pie. Again I think consistency is the missing key.

On top of it all, while our initial server was lovely, the "free range" waitstaff style meant we got to experience a less than enthusiastic second server; when she walked by at one point and mumbled "howsthefood" at us, and we answered with a decidedly obvious "not great," she just... kept going.

I give this 2 stars because of the fact that I *know* they can do better... and they have... but they absolutely must find some consistency. As for now it's kind of an expensive crap-shoot. I'll wait to try again until I see some real improvements in their reviews!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

After doing a bit of thrifting in the neighborhood of this little joint, we decided to stop in for a quick slice of pizza and a refreshing beverage. It definitely looked new, and the cute little patio out front really made it seem like the hip pizza joint in town. I didn't realize (until reading other reviews) that they do the co-op server thing, which would explain why two different waitresses came out to take our drink orders. The place wasn't that busy at the time, so they were both probably very eager to help. It was a really hot day, and at first I saw that they had mostly beers (though, Colorado ones at that), which I tend to not drink as much. Then, however, I saw that they had a beautiful shelf of Leopold Brothers. They immediately went up a notch in my book simply for serving such delicious and local liquor. I asked for something refreshing, and they brought me out an ice cold and frosty rum-runner. See ya later! While delicious, that drink was also very strong! Good to know they are liberal with their pours. I ordered a ham and pineapple and tomato pizza. The boyfriend ordered ham, pineapple, and jalapeno. The pizza came out pretty quickly on cute little silver pizza trays. Before I even took a bite, I knew this was going to be damn good pizza. They used whole slices of pineapple, grilled to perfection on the top. The jalapenos and tomatos were also fresh. And they weren't messing around with the ham, either. It was delicious ham steak. Needless to say, the pizza was amazing. While we had good service, I could see how if they were busy, that it might slip. While places like the Mountain Sun and Southern Sun have perfected the co-op way of sharing tables with your fellow servers, it's probably a practice that needs to be practiced in order to achieve the best customer service for each guest.I've already been raving about this place to my friends in person, so I figured I should rave about it here, too.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is quickly moving up on my list of favorite local restaurants. They make great specialty pizzas (my favorites include the Black and Blue and the Tilly) and have a wide selection of Colorado beers. The newly installed outdoor patio is the perfect reflection of the city's recent attempt to create a comfortable neighborhood feel. Everything about this place reinforces the concept of living locally and supporting the community.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Ordered by the slice and we tried four different types of their pizza. Every single slice was better than the last! Really great. We will visit again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This locally owned neighborhood place opened April 2012, and already is attracting crowds and buzz in the area. The pizza is thin-style but substantial made precisely to order by a friendly and efficient crew. Beyond the traditional cheese and pepperoni, branch out with "Black and Blue" a white sauce pizza topped with blackened steak, fresh tomato and blue cheese. Single slices with choice of toppings also available. This is not your fast-food take out store. Tables, fireplace, bar and window al fresco seating encourage lingering. The unique "Colorado-first" approach to drinks means a dozen+ of the best Colorado micro-brews, including some hard-to find micro-micro selections. Even wines, whiskey and vodka come from Colorado - you chance to try a new product or two.