“Chose for childhood nastalja...and we were not disappointed”
Review of Furr's Family Dining - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Furr's Family Dining
Cuisines: American
Albany, Oregon
“Chose for childhood nastalja...and we were not disappointed”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This style of cafeteria and food took us back to our childhood when we stopped at Furr's regularly. No it isn't gourmet or even good sometimes but it was fun revisiting. The hamburger steak with mushrooms hasn't changed (in our opinion) for 40 years!

It is now a flat rate for the meal vs. price per item like it used to be. No atmosphere...just as we remembered it!

Visited July 2013

Lakewood, Colorado
“The Pot Roast is to LIVE for!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We started patronizing Furr’s when they had a restaurant on Hampden and Wadsworth. Once we complained to the on floor head manager that the green beans were too salty. His reply was, “That’s the way I like them.” So needless to say, we stopped going to that Furr’s and about a year later, it was out of business. In the meantime, we started going to the Furr’s at Wadsworth and about 50th in Wheat Ridge this place that I am now reviewing. So far, the food has been average but gradually improving. Tonight for the first time since we have been going there, they had pot roast. Oh, it was so scrumptious. Perfectly seasoned and very, very tasty and well prepared. Our attendant told us they are now serving pot roast four times a week. Compared to Country Buffet and Golden Corral this is the best pot roast I have ever tasted. In addition, the silver ware is now usually clean and you don’t have to wipe it off with their paper napkins. Also the folks that work there are supper kind, nice, modest people. They are always willing to go out of their way to please us. So originally when we were going to the other Furr’s I would have rated them with a 2 star, but now I feel honest giving this Furr’s a 5 start rating.

• Visited July 2013
Rand, Colorado
“There are better choices around there!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food was alright but certainly nothing special. Price was average but it's not a buffet, better get everything you want as you go through the food line! Won't return.

Visited February 2013
Brighton, Colorado
“Quality has declined over the years”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for over 17 years. This is a buffet style restaurant so the food was never extraordinary but it was good. The quality has declined a lot over the years. Our last visit was extremely disappointing. The food quality was very low. It just isn't worth the price. Especially when you consider the "cafeteria" syle atmosphere. There are too many other good options out there. I think it is worthwhile to mention that I submitted a complaint about our visit on the restaurant's website. I couldn't believe that we didn't receive any kind of response to our complaint considering the number of years we have patronized this restaurant. We will not be returning.

• Visited March 2012