“Fantastic place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here with our young family for two nights. The location is incredibly convenient, quiet and easy to access I70. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were slightly smaller than other HIE rooms, which was hard for us since we had a pack-and-play in addition to two queen beds.
The food was delicious, the workout facility in excellent condition, and the parking was easy. Overall I would recommend it and stay there again. My only negatives was the swimming pool was outdoors. With young children (and in chilly Colorado), I wish the pool was indoors. And our room's thermostat seemed off. We had the heat set to 61* and all slept on top of the covers we were so warm. Regardless, the staff was amazing. Great hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naep4
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. You mentioned your young family, including the pack-n-play which tells me you have your hands full and to take the time to let us know how we are doing is very much appreciated. You have it together! If you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future, please inquire about one of the various suites we have available. One in particular has separate bedrooms and bathrooms and is often requested by families. Hopefully your next visit will be during the summer months when everyone can enjoy the swimming pool.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We are planning a wedding 6-2013 in Golden CO. We have been working with Gordan at this Wheat Ridge location, he is AWESOME! I toured the property today, it very clean, nice place. I have been getting great customer service, I'm very impressed ! Stay tuned for the follow up rating! I have a feeling we will be happy!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

First and foremost, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! In addition, thank you for the wonderful comments concerning Gordon. We certainly treasure Gordon and receive many comments about his service; I am pleased to hear your experience has been similar. I trust Gordon and our remaining team members will assist in making your special occasion as stress free as possible. Again, congratulations and we look forward to your arrival.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The staff is very nice they make you feel right at home. Gordon and Fran were very helpful about where to shop and places to eat. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and the beds were very comfortable. The hot breakfast the next morning was very good. The location is right off of I-70 so it is very easy to find at exit 267. We will stay here agin next time were are in Denver.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I certainly enjoy hearing of such positive experiences. I can also assure you that Gordon and Fran both appreciate you taking the time to mention them personally. Such praise from our guests is very rewarding. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a nice HIE. It is right off of I-70. Although it is right next to the freeway we did not hear the cars all night. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The rooms are very small though, but we were just there for the night so it was fine. But if you have small children or need to spread out and have some elbow room, you might want to consider staying somewhere else. The breakfast is the typical HIE breakfast, if you are familiar. The staff was super friendly and we were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I certainly appreciate hearing your room was very clean and the beds comfortable. Also, thank you for mentioning that the staff was super friendly, they always appreciate being recognized! I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future and if so, please be sure to reserve one of our many different suite configurations which will allow you a little more room.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I usually don't take the time to write reviews but felt compelled to do so for our stay at this hotel. My daughter and I came here from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, for a wedding. The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was wonderful, and the hot breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel. It is hugely motivating to the staff and myself to read such positive comments. The fact you rarely provide such reviews only adds to the value of your comments. Thanks for staying with us and if your future travels return you to the Denver area I trust you will select our hotel as a home base during your visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a very nice HIE. The hotel looked very new and the room was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was very good. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. When we asked the desk clerk if there was anywhere nearby to recycle our plastic water bottles, she told us to bring them to the front desk and she would take them home and put them with her recycling! We happened on this hotel by chance but we would definately stay here again if we were in the area!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DENWR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear the staff was able to accomodate your request! We take pride in providing great service and it is motivating to the staff to hear of success stories. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you have the chance to visit the area again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Extremely nice decor ... very clean.
The staff went above and beyond and were very pleasant ... especially Gordon, Steven, and Brian.
The whole atmosphere was very pleasant.
I had a room with 2 queens. The hotel was sold out so I could not get an upgrade.
That was fine as I know that request can not always be met ... but ... my room was extremely small!
: -)
Probably the smallest hotel room of any chain that I've seen in some time.
I have to say that the management was extremely innovative to make the most of the available space.
The TV ... which was a nice large flatscreen ... was up on top of the armoire so that it almost touched the ceiling. It was fine though and easy to see.
Also the bathroom had a very tiny counter space.
Definatley not enough room for all of my "stuff."
With that said ... I would stay again.
The pros definately outweighed the room size and bathroom counter size.
I did use the exercise room. - It was very adequate with 6 machines and a bank of free weights.
Oh ... another pro ... the stairwells were carpeted, clean, and painted nicely!
I always take the stairs when I can instead of the elevator and am always horrified in other hotels about how gross it is.
Not at this hotel ... the stairwells were spotless and also well lit. Thanks for that!!!
As I mentioned ... I would stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West-Federal Center, Co
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West? Share your experiences!