“Comfort Inn”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Nice hotel, the front desk people were nice. The room was rather interesting. It smelled new. Either they are new, or they were covering up a smell. Either way that was refreshing to not smell a funky hotel funk smell. The bed was a little too firm.

When I checked in, I asked the male at the front desk to PLEASE not put the receipt under the door before check out, as I was paying for the room for family. I did not want them to find out how much I paid. He assured me he would not do this. The next morning I go and check out to be greeted by a bell on the front desk that said PLEASE RING FOR SERVICE. I do not ring for service. You need to pay attention to when a customer is up there.

The lady asked me if I received my receipt under the door. I told her that I hoped she did not put it under there as I requested specifically the receipt not be sent to the room or any other information sent. She said she had just taken it down there. I was just a little ticked off the staff could not follow one simple request.

The toiletries are small and will do for maybe two washes, ask for more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here one night on a cross country trip. The room was clean and comfortable. However, the bathtub drain emptied extremely slowly. Also the switch by the door operated all the lamps on that side of the room, so if you cut off the entry light, all the other lights went out.

Carbondale, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

The staff is very helpful and friendly, but be prepared to wait. It can be busy! You'll see the crowds again at breakfast! Our room was clean and quiet. A second chair would have been nice. Being on the third floor meant we had a lovely view of the foothills. The elevator only broke down once and was repaired quickly. Our computer does not work there. The front desk gave us the help number in India this time, but after 30 minutes on the phone, our computer still did not work. It does work at other hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for the second or third floor facing south.
Lake Villa, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

After a very long day of driving, we just wanted to sit in the Jacuzzi. Got down there and it was just a tub of hot water, even though there were jets. My husband asked the guy at the front desk why the jets weren't working and he said, "Oh, it's not a Jacuzzi. It's just a hot tub." Bull. For that I could have stayed in the room and soaked in the tub. Other than that, it was a nice place to stay, pretty much the average Comfort Inn: clean, comfortable, and quiet, which is all we require.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I choose this Hitel because it was near my sons house and had an indoor pool. First night the pool was closed. The second night, the pool was closed again and my room was full of smoke from a guest smoking weed. I complained to staff that it was coming into my room. His question to me was "where did I think it was coming from"???? I had a headache was nauseated and hate the smell of weed, especially since I was in a smoke free hotel. I complained the day I checked out, left a note to the manager and did not receive a call. I called back and was told that the manager said "she thinks it's fair to take $40.00 off your bill". Hmmm, they charge an extra $200.00 if they identify a guest smoking in the room and the guest who became sick... $40.00 off the bill is fair. Not even a call even after I called the second time and sent an email. They own 7 hotels, one in Walla Walla, Wa another state where smoking weed is legal so go if you smoke weed, otherwise... Go some place else.

• Stayed April 2014
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel is very nice, don't get me wrong. Nice breakfast, wonderful front desk clerks and clean.....but as I was traveling for business, I would have appreciated a Wi-Fi connection that stayed connected for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. Called the front desk who contacted the vendor, and they said it was fixed.....still have intermittent internet. I got by, but it took more time than it should have, as I had to keep reconnecting. Also, the walls seem to be very thin, as I heard general conversations in the room next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park....much better than the interstate on the other side!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OrlandoSGM
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very convenient location. Virginia at the front desk was definitely a plus for Comfort Inn! Everything was nice and clean but the heat was a bit difficult to regulate. Breakfast was decent with sausage, scrambled eggs and waffles as well as several cold options. Elevator was also a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room on the south side so it is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver Marriott West
#6 of 18 in Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!