“Smells like Pee”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Smells like Pee”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Yean it was hot, it was creepy, and lots of partying. Its a motel, that is to be expected. They do need to do some maintenance. Still not a big deal. What was horrible, was the bathroom and the comforter smelled like pee.

Room Tip: Any of the others ones in the area are fine, except American.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Netteo2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed May 1, 2014

They do NOT DESERVE A star. I had to work in wheat ridge for 2 weeks i am from phoenix and had to stay here. After 4 days no one had came to clean my room so i asked if the can clean my room and they said my room was not on there list to clean. Really? I travel a lot and they come in every day to clean my room at every hotel i stay at. Then finally they cleaned my room on the 6 day. Then i noticed that my socks, tooth brush/tooth paste and bread are missing. So i asked them about it and they didn't say anything. Then i get a knock on my door and she hands me my tooth brush and tooth paste back. Really why would i want that back since i know it has been in the trash. Please no one go to this hotel its not worth it. Bed suck and its very dirty. Very rude people.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Joshuashearer

Travelers are raving about these Wheat Ridge hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed there 1 night and it was filthy! Kids left alone all day upstairs and never stopped stomping. Parents came home and it continued. Sleep none, cooperation with the front desk, none. Not to mention the trash was overflowing outside with a burned mattress, hmmm. With the subjects there it's no wonder with that bed. You'd think there's a meth lab in one of the places with the people hanging around. Scary, nasty, stinky place. STAY AWAY!!!!!! Roaches check in and never leave.

Room Tip: No, just don't stay there. Your car is the best bet if all hotels are full.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Karen W
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed there out of necessity due to the fire evacuations in Colorado Springs. All the motels in town were full. We had stayed in an America's Best Value in Nebraska nad it was really quite nice so we gave in and got a room. The manager was rude and uncooperative. He put is in a stinky smoking room when I asked for non-smoking. When my wife refused to stay there we found another room in a motel down the street )one used for people with dogs) and it was much nicer but of course the clerk would not give us a refund. Miraculously he found another room that had been "recently renovated". We toot it because we had no choice. The sheets had cigarette burns, the new sink leaked, the shower curtain was dirty, you could hear the neighbors upstairs and the side neighbors sat outside and smoked. We got the heck out of there as early as we could. People actually live in some of the units and there were only three normal families staying there. Outside you could see and hear the local trash yelling and talking outside their rooms. I called the company and complained and they said the branding rights with this property had been terminated and there was nothing they could do for me. I am glad I read the reviews after returning home. They are all spot on.

Room Tip: Any room in antoher motel would be my tip.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Micosay
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was looking for a place to get a few hours sleep as I drove across country. I randomly choose a place to stay and unfortunately that place was Americas Best Value Inn in Wheat Ridge.

The guy at the front desk was rude and acted like he was doing me a favor checking me in. I should have known something was awry when I was handed the TV remote control. I went around to my room and when I walked in my nose and throat were assaulted by the odor. I still figured I just wanted a few hours sleep, so what the heck. I took my dog for a walk and then on the way back to the room the front desk guy was all jacked up saying "you can't stay here with a dog, what are you trying to do? Didn't you see the sign in the office?" I said I saw the sign and that it said "No dogs in the office". No where did it say anything about dogs at the hotel.

Anyway he did not like my attitude so he really started freaking out, We went back to the office and after some uncomfortable conversation I said I just wanted my money back and I would go to another hotel. He called the live in manager at that point and relayed to me that there was no way I was going to get my money back (as a matter of fact I was asked to pay an additional $8 which I did prior to deciding to leave and stay somewhere else).

Needless to say this upset me and I said that was ridiculous. I was not going to stay somewhere if I did not feel safe and that was in addition to the room being very dirty and smelly. I just put the remote on the counter and said I was leaving.

I went down the street and had a pleasant night at another hotel. Then I filed a claim with my credit card company, so hopefully I will get my money back. I wish I could say one nice thiing about the experience but I cannot find a single bright spot. I would highly recommend you stay any where other than this hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Steve R
Colby, Kansas
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The room was filthy, Light and fan in the bathroom was broken, broken/ shattered glass pictures on the wall, A brown (poop) substance on the wall next to the bed, T.V did not work, the heater sucked it was either roast or freeze! smoke alarm had been riped off the wall, tub dripped all night. afraid to stay with my kids alone due to the people LIVING next door, mildew odor.NOT at all like the pics on the web sight

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank John Heid M
Napanee, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We, too, made the error of staying in this motel, which in no way reflects the high standard of quality we have experienced in other motels of this chain. When we checked in, the front desk staff barely had a word to say to us, and forgot to tell us that we needed to make a deposit for the TV remote control. We stayed for three nights, having booked them over the internet. We got clean towels one day, and the garbage cans emptied. The bed, although comfortable, did not have the linens changed, nor was it made. Floors were not cleaned during our stay. Our first morning, we were wakened early by a wake-up call, which we had not asked for. The last morning, our requested wake-up call came 45 minutes early. The full "continental breakfast" consisted of coffee and make-your-own waffles. Usually my husband enjoys waffles, but these were not made with the commercial waffle iron, but rather a domestic one, with the batter being prepared by the management. One evening, wanting to make some hot chocolate in the room, I went to the lobby in search of some coffee cups, only to find everything under lock and key. A potential client asked if I knew where staff was, she had been waiting 10 minutes for someone, and there wasn't a call-bell. I left her waiting. When I asked one morning about clean towels, management told me he could not access them, as they were locked up by the cleaning staff.
Poor breakfast, incorrect wake-ups, no cleaning service. No returns here for us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver Marriott West
#6 of 18 in Golden
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to Best Interstate Inn Wheat Ridge/Denver? Share your experiences!