“Rate being charged to your card may vary”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Best Interstate Inn Wheat Ridge/Denver
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Rate being charged to your card may vary”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I wound up here because it was handy to a job site. $277 for first week. $40 for 1 day (lost company credit card info and I paid personally) $301 for 8 more days. Then $199 for ???? I thought 5 days. Was called after 4 and told rate changed to @$50 a night and I had to get out. I did. Rude and dishonest desk. Friendly and efficient housekeepers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PejsaR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was like something out of the Deliverance movie. I would not send my my worst enemy to this dive. Falling apart and a staff that cuss nonstop, talk like they are from the back hills... and mice...and sounds like the ceiling are going to cave in on you. It was so bad that even when they would not give me my money back i rented a room elsewhere to avoid sleeping there. Whatever it takes, avoid this place. Save yourself.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank cojulieg

Travelers are raving about these Wheat Ridge hotels

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have been in the service business for over 30 years so I am a pretty quick read on what to expect from a business. When i entered the office of the Americas Best Value Inn at Wheat Ridge in Denver around 3PM on July 19th, the 2 most prominent signs at the front desk were that month's report from their pest company, and the sign stating that there were absolutelty no refunds given. My 'Expectations' guage dropped into low gear. Then I was greeted by Don the day manager. He proceeded to insult the name of my Russian friend, who was nice enough to make my reservation for me, not once but twice. When I asked him about the advertised free breakfast, he said it consisted of toast or waffles or "whatever I feel like putting out". I was really warming up to Don and his motel.
I had just climbed a 14er so I was hot and tired and just wanted to crash for a little while. After getting my room key, I walked around the corner to my room #101. The prostitues in the back parking lot added a little local flavor to the overall ambiance. The lock wouldn't close when I tried to shut it. The room was pretty standard for the price and it was pretty clean. But it was hot. The old A/C wall unit was just blowing warm air. I tried adjusting the controls but nothing changed. I walked back to the office and told Don. He said he would call Maintenance. After a 1/2 hour a young man showed up and pulled off the cover saying that he kept asking his boss to replace these old units. He said he would have to ask his boss whether to replace the unit with another one or move me to another room, and would be right back. After another 45 minutes I called Don and asked on the status. He said he had no idea. Since I had seen him answer the phone twice when I first entered the office, and he was obviously talking to me, I know Don knew how to use the phone, and could simply call the maintenance guys and ask. After another 1/2 hour I called Don and said I had to go out soon and wanted it settled before i left. He said that they could get in my room if I was out if they could fix/replace it, or that they would get me another room when I got back if not.
Before i returned from dinner I called the motel to check on the status of the A/C. The girl that answered on my second attempt said she knew nothing about it. When I explained the situation and what Don had said, she said she couldn't do anything and I would have to talk to someone in the morning. I wonder how much someone gets paid for not having any responsibilities?
When I got to the room, it was still hot (surprise). I called the girl again asking for another room. She said they were full and there weren't any rooms. It was over 100 degrees in Denver that day so the room was still hot. Against my better judgement, I removed the wooden dowl that served as the lock for the sliding glass window and opened it. It didn't make any difference. I tossed and turned all night trying sleep in an 80 degree room.
The next morning I went to see what Don had put out for breakfast and to chat a little. There was a waffle press with an empty bowl of waffle mix, and a coffee pot. There could have been more selections in the nearby refrigerator but of course it was padlocked. I reminded Don of my situation. He said they didn't have any other A/C units. When I asked why he didn't just get me another room, he said that by the time I got back they had filled up. I asked Don why he hadn't saved a room for me. Don didn't have an answer. I asked Don what he intended to do about it. Don shrugged. I knew what was coming but I suggested a refund. Don's eyes immeditely went to the 'No Refunds' and he said that wasn't possible. Like I said, I've been in business along time so sure, I could understand a company never being able to even consider a refund regardless of their performance. So I suggested a room credit. I had no intention of ever returning but there is always Craigslist that i could have sold it on. Don said he wasn't authorized to do that. I asked Don to call whoever was authorized. Don said he couldn't do that and he wasn't going to argue with me. the phone rang and Don turned his back to me and ignored me.
Time to hit the road and say goodbye to Don and his motel. If you like adventure, like climbing tall mountains or putting your hand on a hot stove, go ahead and give this place a try; otherwise I would keep away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Denver Marriott West
#6 of 18 in Golden
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to Best Interstate Inn Wheat Ridge/Denver? Share your experiences!