“Had a great stay”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Gardner, Kansas
“Had a great stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was a great place to stay. We stayed for a week during a softball tournament and we really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was awesome and went out of their way to make sure everything was taken care of.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Kent M!
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay recently at our Affordable Inns in Denver! It means so much that you would take the time to let us (and everyone else!) know about your experiences with us!
As always, this review will be brought to the attention of our staff. I know how hard they work, day in and day out to ensure everything is right. It's certainly a challenge during this extremely busy time of year and I'm so proud of them for maintaining our standards the way they do. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon if your travels bring you are way!
I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I normally stay in a Hampton, Best Western, or Holiday Inn Express. I would say that this is a cut below. However, for the price, it was a bargain. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I read the reviews about the small bathroom. However, as a veteran of of small European hotels, I would say the bathroom was huge (smaller than American standard but plenty of room)! I did book a room in the back where it was quiet. The facility sits adjacent to I-70, so I can understand the reviews that complain about noise. Wi-fi was a little spotty but it was okay.

So for me, for a budget one-night stay, this was perfect.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the back to stay away from the I-70 traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JJO72
Dear JJ072,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am also delighted that you saw the value in our property. We are certainly an economy positioned hotel, but we strive to be safe, clean and comfortable. We also have added the amenities that folks are use to having at a mid-level hotel such as, microwaves, refrigerators, in room coffee makers, just to name a few!
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I will certainly pass along your comments about our staff as they always love to know how appreciated their hard work is!
Thank you again! Safe travels!
Winthrop, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked this motel after realizing it would save us a good amount of money vs. the other place I had already booked. I was nervous of course, but there was nothing to worry about! The staff was very friendly! The room and shower are small like others say...but for just the husband and I we didnt need alot of room (and we were there for sight seeing and a baseball game, not to sit in the room!) and the shower although small, had awesome water pressure! We enjoyed the donuts for breakfast and being able to use the hotel computer to print our boarding passes was great! Another nice touch was having a fridge and microwave in the room! The one thing I had read about and was kind of anticipating was the door not being properly sealed, this was the case in our room as well as others and at first it made me nervous but it was completly fine. The noise didnt bother us because we had a room in the back so I cant speak for the front rooms. Would we stay here again...I would say yes, it was a nice place for the price!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosie K!

I so appreciate your review. When guests take the time to let us know the areas where we do well as well as those where they would like to see improvement, it really helps us to focus on the important things! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and saw the value in our hotel!
Oh, and I hope your team won!? :)
Hope you enjoy a safe and restful summer!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been on the road since mid-May 2014, and I stayed in Wheat Ridge the last time I was in the Denver area. I was treated very well by the staff, the manager(s) were efficient and friendly and the room was perfect for my needs. I got to be close to their WiFi router--which helped because we were plagued by tornados and hail--I still got my work accomplished. NOW I am looking forward to returning for a few more nights!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Grant G!
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words and I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay so much with us! I will certainly be sure that the staff knows how much their efforts are appreciated as well....and yes - we would love to see you back again soon! Safe travels and enjoy your summer!
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a good, clean budget motel. It was well maintained outside and inside. Room was a bit small, but OK. Had microwave and fridge, a good bonus. The highway traffic noise is a problem for sure. My door was not well sealed, so that didn't help. The breakfast donuts were good. But, beware - those donuts, coffee, and OJ are ALL they have for breakfast, a diabetic's nightmare! So, it you want a little protein, plan on spending another $10 per person at the nearby Village Inn. Didn't notice any undesirable people lounging around the parking lot, although there is a very low budget motel adjacent. All in all, a reasonable deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jwpColorado
Dear JWP Colorado,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us! You are right we do only have our homemade donuts in the morning with coffee and o.j. What a great tip - because you are correct there is even a 'breakfast house' one block away if you desire more of a start to your morning! We believe that you can stay with us, eat a breakfast there if you like, and still pay less than the surrounding larger hotels that offer their standard continental breakfast. Oh and you can still grab a cup of our donuts to go if you would like for later!
Thank you for choosing the Affordable Inns! Have a great summer!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Pros:

Close to I-70, so easy access to anywhere in Denver Metro Area (we came for a Zoo trip & Rockies game)
Quiet room on the south side (paid extra for it, but well worth it!)
Playground for our son to play on after a long car ride
Fitness room was decent, but couldn't get the bike to keep track of the workout.
Home-made donuts were good.
Price was better than anything else in the area.

Cons:

Pool was closed for maintenance until the day we left, which we were packing up to leave.
Small room, as in barely enough room to walk around the bed. Thought having a king room meant there would be more room.
Extremely small shower, had barely enough room to move around in it.
Non-smoking room, but the A/C sucked in the smoke from the outside, leaving a stale smoke smell in the room.
Found 1/2 dozen hairs (not ours) in the bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side of motel are quieter, but closer to "designated smoking areas"
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Fishingnerd33,

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay at our Affordable Inns, Denver-West, location! You are correct about our room sizes - something I wish I could change but alas that one is out of my control. However, you mentioned a couple of items that I would like to address. Yes, we have taken previous guest reviews seriously and moved to have a 'designated' smoking area only to prevent the problem that you have mentioned. The area where they are supposed to smoke is now in an area where there are no windows and this has certainly helped to alleviate the majority of the problem - however I will continue to monitor this situation closely as I understand being sensitive to the smell (I am as well!).
I take your final concern extremely seriously as one of our primary considerations are having very clean and fresh rooms. The housekeepers need to keep hair pulled back in the laundry as well as when making the beds and to be a little more observant as they are working! I will pass this along to them during our training. Thank you again for your honest feedback - we always appreciate it when we find ways to continue to improve!
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! My husband and I recently stayed here and were checked in by the fabulous Erin and Libby. We interrupted their shift change but they were so sweet they helped us get into a nice quite room that was absolutely spotless. Erin let us know that she would be making donuts and they were as good as she said they would be. Most of the staff was very friendly towards us except for one of the front desk girls. I understand that it was early morning but you chose to be in this line of service and a nice smile would have been enough. Despite this my husband and I will be back. Thank you all so much.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Muffinhead780,
We so appreciate that you took a moment to let others know about your recent stay at our Affordable Inns Denver location! So happy you enjoyed your stay with Us! I will pass along your comments to our staff....Thank you for the gentle 'wakeup call' for our morning girl! :)
Have a great and safe summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheat Ridge
Denver Marriott West
#5 of 18 in Golden
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to Affordable Inns? Share your experiences!