“Happily surprised”
Review of Affordable Inns

Affordable Inns
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Because it was the day before Memorial Day Weekend, I had to make a quick decision on a motel as rooms were going FAST. Was nervous about quality and safety as I had never been in the area before, nor heard of Affordable Inns. The room was small with two double beds. For a "base camp", it was good. Refrigerator was nice to have. Active children would have to go outside to the play ground to work off energy. Pool area was nice with upgrades in the works. There was a large park a block away for walking, jogging, playing ball, etc. If you need a more substantial breakfast than fresh donuts, there is a restaurant within walking distance. David was very, very nice and helpful. Staff were smiling and helpful. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cdwest857
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us! I am sorry we kinda missed our opening date for the pool by a couple of days so I don't know if you had a chance to enjoy it or not..but the good news is..it's open now and ready for your return!! Hope you enjoy your summer!
Your kind words certainly motivate us to continue to be just a little better, everyday!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. The room was neat and clean. The beds were comfy and had plenty of pillows. Liked having a fridge in room for snacks and water. Lemon water in lobby, plus fresh donuts and coffee each morning a plus! Great value! Would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LMHNewYork
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your encouraging words - We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let others know about your experiences here with us! Please be safe in your travels and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again! in the near future

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Rooms not very clean. Stains on sheets, stains on carpets and shower curtains and highway is very loud and obnoxious at night, rude staff that don't seem to care about your stay unless u tip and then they care. horrible I recommend that no one stay here. Disgusting motel

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HotelLover8
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I'm so sorry your experience was less than adequate during your recent stay with us. We work hard to keep clean, comfortable rooms for our guests. But it sounds like we didn't meet your expectations at all. You mentioned that no one cares unless you tip them? That is so far from what we are all about..and honestly it really doesn't sound like anyone on our staff. But - I do know that perception IS reality and so I apologize if anyone came off as rude.

I see no mention of any complaints in the logs that we keep that would coincide with any of the issues in your review. I certainly wish you had voiced your issues with us immediately so that we might have worked on a solution together. I again apologize if anything or anyone 'slipped through the cracks'. I will speak with our Guest Service Associates about the issues you raised and stress the importance of our 'Guest First' service protocol.

Your point about the noise is the one grievance that we have had to deal with. Being right on the highway has advantages (convenience) and disadvantages (noise). We are looking now at retrofitting with new triple paned windows to deal with the noise problem and will be hopefully doing so in the next 6 months. In the meantime - a room in back or on the east side will ensure a quieter stay.

Thank you for your input!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice clean, comfy beds. Not large rooms but there comfortable. Fridges and microwaves available. They also make donuts, fresh in the morning. They take pets and are right next to a dog park! Great for traveling with your dogs, as I do, a lot. Easy access to I-70 and a quick run to Denver. I've stayed there quite a few times now.

Room Tip: At the back, south side of motel, the rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and for your choosing us time and again! I can't tell you how much kind words like yours motivate us to do even better! Hope to see you back soon - the summer is right around the corner and we are getting ready to plant our flowers!! After this huge snowstorm is over - that is! Thank you again and safe travels wherever they take you!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This motel fired Tom Bodett (it's a former Motel 6 which becomes more obvious when you see the place in person), hired a vivacious, helfpul, and engaging front desk staff, and upgraded the facilities a notch. Well worth the extra ~$5 to stay there (the local Motel 6 is on the NE intersection of I-70 and Kipling for comparison purposes) and the extra touches offered will bring me back. Great find for those traveling on a budget (I paid $57/night including tax for my room in February 2013).

What's different/better than a Motel 6 stay: The place has a stone facade added to the exterior walls, for starters. Very classy, but I can still tell it's a former Motel 6 based on the architectural layout of the buildings and rooms. The rooms still have carpet (not Motel 6 carpeting. . . it's been upgraded to a neutral brown design and is with a better pad) and best of all while sleeping, a king size bed in excellent new condition, including six large fluffy pillows, plus a decorator pillow! Wow! Soap bar for showering is larger and longer lasting, shampoo is in every room (Motel 6 never has shampoo), and an ironing board and iron is in the room as well. The wood toned chest of drawers has standard drawers, not shelves as in a Motel 6. The table is set up for Wifi and laptops. Television is Direct TV programming. . . all you could want.

There's a washer and dryers on property for those who want to use them (I didn't this stay). Since each room has a microwave and dorm style refrigerator/small freezer, it's nice to know there's a Target Greatland (grocery store component) on the north side of I-70 on the west side of Kipling. A Taco Bell and Village Inn restaurant are on Kipling south of I-70 as you enter the I-70 Frontage Road should you want to eat there. Not home, but very workable for one traveling or staying for a few days in the area. Plenty of parking especially on the outer corners of the parking lot. RV and trailer parking is doable here.

As far as room selection, heavy sleepers should have no problem in any of the rooms, I-70 facing or not, upstairs or downstairs. Quiet and peaceful overall during my stay. I stayed in a room perpendicular to I-70 and I didn't notice the traffic noise during my time in the room at all. One or two times there was a couple of people having a short discussion outside near my room, but no biggie. Didn't wake me up or anything like that.

Drawbacks: their computer - just one for guests in the lobby - does not always boot up and get you online. Not so good if you are without a laptop, as I was. They do make their own donuts in the morning before they open the lobby at 6:00 AM, but these freshly made donuts are in a large plastic cup container with a dozen or so inside them. More like what Hostess used to make with their mini donuts. A nibble for breakfast, but not anything more. The orange juice was cold and nice to have in the morning. Coffee of both varieties is also available.

Great place to stay that outdoes Tom Bodett & Company. Why pay more for a fancy hotel - and there's several in the immediate area that are worthy of consideration - when all you really need is a nice, new king size bed with plenty of fluffy pillows?

Room Tip: South side of motel away from Interstate 70 will have quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Underdog_SPP
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Well, I'm certainly pleased that you had a positive experience with us during your recent stay. I will see what I can do to speed up that computer in the front!

Thank you for your words of encouragement - and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It always starts from the Top...You couldn't ask for better owners than John & Luccinda, they made me feel right at home and comfortable. They Provide a Comfortable and Relaxing Hotel with reasonable rates, they really do care about their guest and making a you feel welcome.

Big Beds with nice size bathrooms and Free WIFI in the rooms, convienent to local eateries and shopping establishments.

THanks John & Luccinda!!!

Johnathan

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GIOVANNI F

Thank you for your kind words - we so appreciate guests that appreciate us!! It's what keeps a smile on our face and a 'skip' in our step! We certainly hope you'll choose us again if your travels bring you through this area again!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We trusted tripadvisor reviews, and they did not steer us wrong! Looking for a clean place to sleep at the end of the day, we found a great deal here. This is an older facility, with outside entrances, and near the interstate, but it is well lit, reasonably quiet, and recently upgraded with tasteful changes made to bring the facade into the 2000's! The interiors have also been upgraded, and the bath in our room looked really fresh and new. There were small touches such as a make-up removal wipes, and "better" soap that let you know the managers are paying attention to details! We were only there for one night, and met family for breakfast, so we did not try the donuts or oatmeal bar, but if their attention to detail extends to breakfast, you can be sure it will be good!

Room Tip: The interstate was in view from our room but did not pose a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Feedback such as this gives us a reason to continue to strive to do our best. I'm glad to hear the noise wasn't a big issue for you. I know it can be a problem for some. We are actually upgrading the windows in the front this spring (2013) to help deal with this issue!

If you find yourself driving by - stop in for a cup of those donuts you missed!