“Get room away from I-70”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Affordable Inns

Affordable Inns
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Get room away from I-70”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

For price, this is doable. Room clean. Avoid free breakfast. Donuts tasty, but only apples which were rotting, cereal and oatmeal. No decaf coffee.

Room Tip: On side of building away from I-70
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sunseeker1722

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

terrible place the staff here I like carnival people house keeping never cleans the rounds in when they do they steal your personal belongings my medication was taken and I report it to management they abruptly said I was checked out and they were unable to give me a refund however I just paid for a full weeks stay 2 days prior to that and put up a costly 100 dollar deposit I have a newborn baby mind you so the maintenance man slash manager david threatened me and then threaten to press criminal trespassing charges if I did not leave within 1 hour sure it looks nice and yeah clean but I repeat buyer beware of these people are very shady all of the employees walk around drinking day and night all over the grounds total lack of professionalism

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank fooja
Duncan, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for wedding in town. Selected this motel based on rating As #2 in vicinity and Holiday inn booked up. Friendly and accommodating staff. Room clean, nicely furnished. An older property that the management is obviously trying to make competitive as they can. What they cannot fix is the level of outside noise that comes into the rooms. Constantly from the freeway traffic. Was awakened by doors shutting in nearby rooms. People talking outside quite audible inside the room. you pays your money and you makes your choices, but IMO the place is over rated.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I apologize for your noisy experience with us...that certainly is no fun! On the flip side - we have heard the voice of our guests and unfortunately due to the fact that we can not move our location - we will be refitting the front of our hotel (that faces the highway) with double paned and insulated windows..an upgrade that we certainly hope helps with the noise issue we have with some of our rooms!

Safe travels!
South Fork, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Best value in the neighborhood. There are better hotels, but this one was a deal. It's a very old hotel, but the rooms have all been upgraded recently with new beds. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping was a little weak. We had 2 rooms for 4 days. They only freshened up our coffee supplies when we asked. Twice they either missed the bathroom or the bed. But at half the price of the Holiday Inn Express next door, it was worth it. The Village Inn was a good breakfast spot walking distance and Larsens Ski and Sport, also walking distance, had a great price for ski rentals and good demos. We were skiing.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Here for 2 nights on October 7. Good hotel for an affordable price compared to other motels. and they have excellent donuts they make themselves as a great addition to their other breakfast items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway for noise control
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Woodbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

Was in Wheat Ridge for a family wedding, traveling from the East coast. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was great - clean and comfortable. The pool is beautiful. They have a fitness room and laundry room - didn't use but looked great. Fresh donuts (not store boxed kind) where the best, coffee available every morning. Plus room had a microwave, coffee pot, mini freg. and hair dryer (iron too). I highly recommend the Affordable Inns - Wheat Ridge.

Room Tip: We asked for a room in the back, as the hotel is located right off highway, which is very convenient...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at this property Sun 9/11 & Mon 9/12, came to town to see the Broncos beat the Raiders in the season opener.....Broncos lost, & we got rained on for half the game. Fortunately my room at the Affordable Inn was great! I have read some of the other reviews and it frustrates me when someone shops for an inexpensive room but then expects full service amenaties.
My room had been reciently remodeled, exceptionally clean, newer king sized pillow top bed, beautiful comforter, even the pillow cases had been pressed. Fridge & microwave in room.
The bathroom was very modern with newer top of the line flooring, granite counter top, hair dryer and the towels were bright white (very clean), large and soft.
The TV was at least 25" and had many chanels & a clear picture.
Fresh made donuts (really, made fresh on-site in thier own automated donut machine...pretty cool), juice & coffee in the morning. (you want more breakfast included w/your room then pay 3 to 5X more at a Comfort, Hampton or HI Exp) But if you want a great room at the best value then I highly recommend this motel.
Staff was very accomodating and friendly and the flowers, patriotic banners, play ground, dog walk area and heated pool were all added bonuses.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Denver Marriott West
#6 of 18 in Golden
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to Affordable Inns? Share your experiences!