American Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$67
Hotels.com
$47
$55
Affordable Inns(Wheat Ridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2010

The big neon sign along I70 claims a great rate. But that is not available when you walk in. Only a much higher rate.
The evening clerk charged $1 cash for my "key", a plastic card.
Next morning I asked for my $1 on checkout, he said we'll see. No note on my bill about $1, no refund. Said I would give him a good write up, and the $1 suddenly appeared.
Rooms are old, shabby.
Next morning I noticed a Motel 6 right around the corner. Should have stayed there.
This is my second bad experience at "American Motel".

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
8  Thank oldgeezer45
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The first room smelled like cigarets & the whole floor;even the floor was not smoking. We went back to check out 2nd room & it smelled like pot on the whole floor.Finally, found a room (1 1/2 later); & we needed an iron. My husband had to go to the desk to get a card then go get the iron from another room & it didn't work very well. Lots of prostates/drugs.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank annamarie10
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I called ahead to reserve a room and when I arrived the day clerk, "Melinda"told me she didn't see a reservation for me and she would have to place a call to her property manager for approval and wait for him to call her back!. FOUR HOURS LATER Melinda left a message on my Voicemail that it was OK, but I had already found better accomodations nearby for the same price.
Melinda was condescending and never once used a "please or thank you" throughout the either of the conversations I had with her. When I explained that I had left other accomodations to come to her place of business she made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR SHE DID NOT CARE.
Awful people skills for a front line employee and the "Reservation" procedures are questionable to say the least. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANY TRAVELING AMERICAN!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank 33388Jimmrjimmyho
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed here due to a real late night at work, followed by an early start. I am glad I was here for less then 8 hours, I was afraid to take off my shoes due to the grime and stains on the carpet. The bedding and towles were see thru and no fitted sheets, so I had to sleep in my pants and shirt there was no way I was going to let skin touch that mattress.
So overall what do you expect for less than $60, a little better.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank NY-CO-Piper
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I have stayed there innumerable times in the last five years, for just a few days up to two months on occasion. I have never seen or heard of any problem there with crime or drugs. The place is clean enough, the staff are polite enough, sure it's not the Hotel Burj Al Arab in Dubai, but you can't beat the price. If you stay five days or more, get the weekly rate, it's cheaper. The monthly rate is even better, as you don't pay the 14% lodging tax. Cable TV includes the Science Fiction channel, a must for all discerning clients!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business