“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 2 Mialet B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Les Parcs in July 2012 for 5 nights which included 4 days horse riding. The whole experience was truly amazing. The accommodation was very comfortable, the food was wonderful and extremely fresh and the horse riding was really fantastic. The countryside was breathtaking and you got to really experience this during the most amazing horse riding trails.

Gill and Richard could not do enough for their guests and welcomed everyone into their home like long lots friends (they even pick up from the airport or train station). I cannot recommend this holiday enough and I have already committed my friend to a holiday there next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have just returned from a horse riding week here with my sister (who came as a non rider) and I would highly recommend Les Parcs to anyone considering a horse riding holiday in the area. Gill and Richard are wonderful hosts who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home (along with their gorgeous dogs). The accommodation in their beautiful farmhouse is fantastic (pretty and very comfortable bedrooms with even better bathrooms). The food is delicious (we particularly loved the homegrown raspberries) and I already miss the alfresco dining and relaxing with the evening conversation. Now to the horses...!! I found all of the horses at Les Parcs to be so friendly and relaxed it was a pleasure to be around them. Riding with Gill is lots of fun and she takes great care to match you to your horse so that you get the best out of your holiday. The trails through the local villages, woods and rural landscapes were a joy to ride in. I can only echo previously stated sentiments that Gill is so patient and kind with all her riders that you feel no question is too silly to ask. As a rider who has recently returned after a long break, Gill’s approach helped me regain some much needed confidence and in the space of one week, I feel I got something much longer lasting than just a holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

A beautiful farm house with wonderful owners. This was my first visit to the area and my sister had booked us on a riding holiday with this business. I must say that they are very well organised, welcoming and they accommodate different requirements well. While my sister went riding every morning, I (as the non-rider) was able to read and relax in the beautiful grounds before our afternoon trips out. The bedrooms were comfortable and clean with ensuite bathrooms. The food was wonderful and both Gill and Richard were able to talk about the local produce that they served us and they introduced us to locals, chatted with us about their experience of the Dordogne and provided a much needed rest for us 'urbanites'! I cannot reccommend this place enough. The atmosphere was peaceful and relaxed. I would definitely visit again in the future and already miss practicing my French with Gill, good dinner time conversation with Richard and having a go at horse-riding knowing that our guide was fully competant and encouraging to the novice rider - I also miss the two marvellous dogs that greeted us every morning with wagging tails!! Great holiday!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at des parcs for four nights on the novice riders package. It was absolutely fantastic...Gill and Richard were great hosts and made us feel completely at home. Our room was so beautiful, luxurious and had lovely views over the courtyard and countryside. I am not a terribly confident rider however I was never made to feel out of my depth as Gill chose the perfect horse for me. The visit to the chateau and the caves were very enjoyable and Richard,who so kindly drove us never made us feel rushed. All in all it was a suberb holiday and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eccleshall, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Richard and Gill made us very welcome, the room was delightful and of a very high standard, Gill's home cooking beat anything a B&B normally provided, adn I woudl not hesitate to recommend des Parc to anyone wanting to stay in this lovely area of the Dordogne

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chambre d'Hotes des Parcs? Share your experiences!