“"Great comfort food - but more of a bar than restaurant"”
Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #47 of 224 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Pittsburgh
“"Great comfort food - but more of a bar than restaurant"”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bar Louie is a fun place to go and grab some drinks and a good meal. It's not a gourmet restaurant, but what they do serve is very good. The grilled chicken sandwich was actually quite tasty, and the boneless buffalo wings were just what the doctor ordered. They have an excellent selection of beers, locally crafted, national and imported. You have a selection of TV's with a variety of sports. This location even offered pool tables. Service was quick and friendly (ate only at the bar). Not too loud, though it wasn't packed at the time. If you want to wet your whistle and/or grab a quick bite of quality comfort food, Bar Louie will fit the bill quite nicely. You're also steps away from a movie theater, improv comedy theater, other restaurants and an ice cream parlor. Unless you're looking for 5 star gourmet - Bar Louie is a can't miss.

• Visited June 2013

Lajitas, Texas
“Mussels were fantastic”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great place, food selection was wonderful and they have some of the appetizers on half price for Happy Hour.

Visited June 2013
Midland, Canada
“Bar Louie South Glenn Colorado”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was brought to this establishment with a long -time patron so I arrived with high expectations. To be fair it is called Bar Louie- not restaurant Louie. The bar is definitely the main focal point - in fact they have 2 bars. The atmosphere was dining- sports bar. I visited bar Louie on several occasions during my stay in Colorado. One word of caution, when you sit at the bar never expect superior food or food service. I ate at the bar and also at a table.
On the positive side they have regular specials- Tuesday is $5 dollar hamburger and $5 Beer Bucket night. The burger night is a great deal and the burgers taste as if they are made in house and there is a good selection of burgers to choose from. As a chef, in Canada the rules are that you cant send a rare burger out of the kitchen. Here, for those of us who would like to order a rare burger, you can do it at Bar Louie. I recommend the Fried Louie burger- it comes with an egg to order perched on top of the beef.
On New Years Eve, I ordered a club house sandwich that although I was starving, I could not eat. I am a a very serious traditionalist when it comes to club house sandwiches- and this one did not even come close. It was not triple decker, the bread had dissolved under the weight of the overcooked and processed chicken breast- the meat was not sliced - it was cut in half and was too cumbersome to eat. The artichoke dip tasted of real spinach and asiago - too garlicky for me and on the two occasions I ordered it- it came out cold. This is a very common complaint with this ubiquitous dip-
This is a bar and that is what drives the energy of bar Louie- the bar is stocked with the obligatory young women with hooter- style tops - which has been statistically proven to increase tips- Sorry women the few men on staff are fully dressed- Service is friendly - as it is at most bars if you are a regular and a generous tipper. There is a very large selection of beer on draught-
If you like a noisy, bustling spot with lots of beers to choose from and you are not out to have a conversation with your dinner companion I recommend Bar Louie- The food is average and the service is on par with a bar.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth P
Denver, Colorado
“The kitchen is open late!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

There has been several occasions after a movie when I am hungry and there isn't anywhere serving food except this place. The food is really good and so is the service. The waiters usually joke around with us and are attentive. They have good beer too!

Visited August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Full for the entire day/eve”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

When I entered the restaurant at lunchtime, there were only 3 others inside of the huge restaurant which gave me pause momentarily. I didn't see anyone working. Then the bartender appeared and told me to "just sit anywhere". I sat at the bar so I could watch the Olympics on one of the numerous TVs. It took a while for my sandwich to arrive. A BLTT (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Turkey) that I ordered took a very long time to arrive, but it was very delicioius. Way more than I could finish and I was so full still at supper time until I didn't eat again until the next day. A few more people meandered in but again, I felt really swallowed up by the big venue with so few diners inside. The food was very tasty and filling.

Visited August 2012

Been to Bar Louie? Share your experiences!