“Nice Stay”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Very comfortable bed in a very quiet room on the 11th floor with a great view of the mountains. Service and staff were well above average, especially at the front desk; everyone was polite and knowledgeable with special recognition to Mark who was most helpful and accommodating. The hotel was easily accessible from Hwy 36 and a short distance from both Denver and Boulder. Nice shopping and dinning selections well within a quick walking distance. Free parking (becoming rarer at this level hotel) with a valet option. However, free wifi only in the lobby but not in the rooms! Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Thank you very much for submitting your comments to us. I will make sure I recognize Mark personally. He is a terrific employee who has been here since the hotel opened. We endeavor to have every associate deliver superior guest service and I am disappointed they did not all do this. I hope to see you back at the Westin Westminster and please ask for me in person. Thank you and have a great Thanksgiving.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights. Was totally surprised. The hotel was a great deal for the price. Ate at the restaurant everyday. Beautiful views of the mountains from my room. Great bed. Nice fitness room and pool. I would definitely stay here again. Fireplaces in the lobby and outside to sit around at night. Really nice and helpful staff for the most part.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

I am very glad you never wanted to leave and hope you come back soon. Did you know that we do Smores by the fireplaces at night? If not try it next time you are here. I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.

Reviewed November 5, 2010

We took our son to the Westin Westminster for his fifth birthday for a sleepover with his best friend. From the first moment we got there, the hotel did everything they could to make our time there special. The service was excellent and the staff went above and beyond their job descriptions. There was a professional football team staying there the same night that we did and yet, I felt like we were the honored guests. I can't say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

The Westin is pleased to hear that the special occasion of celebrating your son's birthday was memorable for your family. We always aim to make every guest feel special. Thank you for taking the time to share in this forum. Best regards, Dani Stern, GM

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am quite torn writing this review. Firstly the hotel is beautiful, lovely lobby and rooms are clean and comfortable. Location is fantastic and its a quick drive to wherever you want to go, with lots of stores, restaurants etc close by.
Checked in and the woman on front desk was all business, very cold and unfriendly demeanor, she loudly mentioned that we had booked through Priceline.

We stayed for two nights and the first night our neighbors were having a party at 4 AM, I laid wide awake listening for a good half an hour, doors banging, beer bottles clanging, laughing and shouting. I called front desk and spoke to the man on duty, he was very nice on the phone and said he would call them, however the noise didnt diminish and it went on for a good hour before I fell asleep. The next night no party but in the early hours people running up and down the halls shouting and screaming, we called the desk again and this time it was stopped. After the first night I had to check out and back into my room, I had 2 reservations with Priceline and I dealt with a man named Mark who couldn't have been lovelier, I wish I would have checked in with him the first time. I noticed a lot of the guests here were college aged probably due to being so close to the university.
So the hotel was lovely but sadly due to the thin walls and groups of partying students I won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

I am very sorry to hear about your stay. At a Westin we would like to make sure you leave relaxed and in better shape than when you arrived. How you made your reservation is not important. Your stay is not what the typical guests have in this hotel and I hope you give another chance. Please call me personally to help you with the reservation. I hope you have a great week.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I am on the board of directors for "CASA" (Court appointed special advocates for children, Jefferson/Gilpin counties) . On October 16, 2010, the "Magical Mile Gala" took place at this beautiful and amazing property. Kudos to the entire staff from the time of signing the contract, to checking in to our sleeping rooms....then a big thank you to the amazing banquet captain and her team-leading us through a flawless evening. The food was absolutely delicious and service was beyond excellence. The entire evening was "magical", with a very successful outcome for a very wonderful cause. So successful, we are ready to book our event with you in 2011. Thank you to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

I am thrilled to hear about your experience. CASA is a great organization and we are glad that we could be a part of the program. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone involved with the execution of the event. We look forward to seeing you back in 2011 and best of luck with your great cause.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Westin was located only 15 minutes from downtown Denver, but without the hassle of parking. Closer to the mountains, near good shopping, well situated for taking kids to one of the many area colleges. Lovely, well-maintained hotel with attentive staff.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Westin. As the general manager, I value your feedback and am glad that you had a great experience at our hotel. Kindest regards, Dani Stern

Reviewed September 1, 2010

I enjoyed my stay here. There was an issue when we checked in. They kept on typing on the computer without telling us what was wrong and eventually someone else had to check us in, which took a total of 20 minutes.

Other than the check-in issue, we enjoyed our stay. It was a great location with the shopping center right across the street where there's bar, restaurant and a movie theater. Our room was spacious and nice. This is definitely a family hotel with all the kids and dogs running around the lobby area but it was very quiet in our rooms so I was very happy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

I am very glad to hear that you liked the hotel but I am disappointed to hear about the check-in challenges. No one should have to wait more than 90 seconds to check-in. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can try and find out what happened and get back with you. I hope to see you back soon at the Westin Westminster.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 19 in Westminster
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Downtown
The Westin Denver Downtown

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!