“BEWARE OF SMALL BEDS in Double Bed Rooms”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Utah
“BEWARE OF SMALL BEDS in Double Bed Rooms”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

With the per room cost you pay at this Westin, and with the space in the room, one would think that queen beds would be provided. My daughter and I have traveled and stayed in a lot of hotels from New York to Florida to Washington to California. Hotels in this price range usually always have a standard of queen size beds, except for New York. I was very disappointed and they do not give you any indication on their web site that their rooms contain only double beds. After two nights, I ended up paying for an extra room that I slipped up to sleep in at bedtime so that we could get a good nights rest ... of course I had to pay for it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
crystaledorm, Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
We thank you so much for your feedback. We do strive to have information correctly portrayed about our property. We are sorry you were unable to locate this information when searching our hotel website.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My daughters & I had the pleasure of staying at The Westin for a business/pleasure weekend. Our stay was delightful, filled with nice people in a cozy, but elegant atmosphere. The room was big enough to take care of 3 women without us running into one another, & we are still talking about the wonderful, relaxing "BEDS". We didn't have the opportunity to sample the food, but I sure it is the same quality as everything else.
When I arrrive home I discovered I had left my favorite shoes in my room. I called, & the staff had them sent to me the next day. The Westin will definitely be my first choice the next time I travel. I'm going to take my husband for a getaway weekend for Father's Day....& our destination will be The Westin, in Westminster.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
DaniSternGM, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words. As the General Manager of the hotel these types of comments make not only my day but the entire team as well. I am very glad that you had such a great stay and now want to spend fathers’ day with us too!

Please feel free to call me when you are here and I would love to meet you in person. Thank you very much for staying at the Westin Westminster and I hope you have many such stays in the future.
Denver,Colorado
Reviewed April 17, 2010

The Westin is the nicest place that we visit. We always feel so welcomed by the staff. Nice bar and restaurant. The remodeled rooms are so comfortable. The pool and hot tub are nice. My wife loved the workout room. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
jingersnap3, Director of Revenue Management at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
We appreciate your feedback. We hope you get to come back soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The staff is phenomenal! The beds are very comfortable, rooms are large, loved the dual shower heads! Gym and pool are very nice.

• Stayed April 2010
crystaledorm, Director of Revenue Management at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This was my second stay at the Westin Westminster in 9 months, coming long haul from Australia and being very familiar with Westins. The staff went out of their way at each turn to be helpful and friendly - which only comes from good training and team culture. The hotel is convenient for both Boulder and Denver and is well maintained in the style of most Westins. There is a complex of restuarants, movie theatre, sports facilities and coffee shops just a pleasant 2 minute walk away through a landscaped garden with lake , as well as the Butterfly pavillion which is a tourist attraction well worth a visit. I did not use the conference facilities but they appeared to be well suited to companies of various sizes. Prices reasonable for a very competent 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gaapcon
crystaledorm, Director of Revenue Management at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Thank you so much for such a nice review of our property and the surrounding facilities. We agree the location has a lot to offer.
Denver, CO
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here a couple of times thanks to Silent Auctions! This is truly the best hotel outside of downtown Denver or downtown Boulder. Very tastefully designed, elegant surroundings. Great, high-ceilinged, fireplace lobby with huge leather seating...Excellent plush bedding. Quiet.
O's restaurant has excellent food & staff - likely the finest dining in NW metro area (outside of Boulder).
City Park (next door) has great walking/running/biking trails that directly connect to over 20+ miles of maintained trails, which meander over hills, under overpasses, streams, lakes, etc. - with lots of small wildlife - coyotes, rabbits, hawks, waterfowl, etc.
Westminster Promenade & Sun Ice Centre are next door with movies, shopping, skating, restaurants, etc.
Great place if you are visiting Westminster for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
crystaledorm, Director of Revenue Management at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, February 21, 2010
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our property. We take pride in making it a great place to stay and visit. We hope you return again soon.
Hawaii
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We planned to have a wedding reception there for my daughter. Unfortunately the wedding never happened. I never received an actual bill from the hotel, then got sent to collections. Apparently they sent the bills to the people who were to get married, I never received an actual billing. The breakdown, to cost, etc.... I dont even know when they cancelled the reception with the hotel !! I'm not arguing that we owe the money, but the method of trying to collect payment with no bill, no final notice ?? What a poor AR department. Being in the hotel business for over 20 years, thank goodness our 5 star hotels never did this to anyone !!

Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
crystaledorm, Director of Revenue Management at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
We are so sorry that you feel this way regarding the handling of your account. We do have a strict set of protocols that we follow prior to sending a client to collections. We do our best to reach an amicable agreement prior to making this decision as it is our last resort in all cases. Our Director of Finance will be happy to discuss this with you further privately, as we do not wish to discuss private financial matters in such a public forum.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#3 of 19 in Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!