“A Friday Night Away from Home”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Colorado
“A Friday Night Away from Home”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband and I recently bought a gift certificate for the Westin in Westminster at a fundraiser. We just used our gift certificate last week and I must say our stay was wonderful. Our room was on the 12th floor and had a fantastic city and mountain view. It was very clean, the room temperature was comfortable, the toiletries were lovely, the bed was comfortable and the Starbucks coffee for the morning was great. We used the hot tub; which was in a wonderful location outside on the 2nd floor of the hotel. The front desk help were very friendly and helpful as well as the as the folks at the Starbucks stand. We truly enjoyed our stay.

I recommend the Westin in Westminster for anyone who is looking for a comfortable place to stay with a lot of things to do around the hotel.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Sounds like a great night out. I am happy you chose to spend it at our hotel. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the views and the amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience. See you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2014

When you say "I'm going to be staying at the Westin" - this is the type of place you picture in your mind. Great location in what appears to be an up-and-coming Denver suburb, clean lines architecturally, clean physical plant, and attentive staff. There wasn't a time when we came in and out that the Valet attendant didn't open the door for us. I never waited in line at the front desk. Check-in took all of a minute and a half. And best of all - it was QUIET. Granted, we weren't there on a Friday or Saturday night when we seem to get located next to the loudest wedding attendees that a given hotel books in a decade - but I get the feeling that even if we were, we wouldn't hear them. No sound bleed-through from the nearby rooms - and I saw a crib outside the room across the hall from us one day.

Two notes:

1. There isn't a refrigerator in the room. Would it be nice if there was? Yes. Have I left more food behind in hotel refrigerators than I have eaten because there was one? Absolutely.

2. The parking is free but there's a hike involved across the divided road where the hotel sits. No doubt in the interests of motivating guests to partake of the Valet service and generate the concomitant revenues.

But those are ticky-tack things. If you are looking for a quality hotel that is well-maintained, staffed by folks who get what you need done quickly, and conveniently located in a nice Denver suburb - then this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view, as half the rooms have it, and half don't.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and thoughts. With regard to the refrigerators, we will begin installing one in every room this December. Great suggestion. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel location and staff. I look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I travel to the Westminster area often for business and the Westin is always my hotel of choice. Though it is often a bit more pricey than the many other hotels in the area, I can always justify the expense because if the cleanliness of the hotel, courteous staff, great amenities and convenient location. However, following two recent less than stellar experiences (July and August 2014) I will be trying other hotels in the area. On my most recent stay we requested a refrigerator and we're told that was not available (even though the hotel advertises that they are on request), had rude and unhelpful interactions with service personnel and the final kicker was that I found a clump of hair on my pillow that wasn't mine! When I received a follow up from a manager I was given a canned response that he would provide feedback and hoped I would return at some point. I did not get the sense that this disgusting incident was being taken seriously or that my business was valued. Disappointing to say the least...I hope leadership can bring the service back to what it has been prior to this summer!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank KLT3565
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
I am disappointed to read of your recent experience, especially after you have supported our hotel on previous occasions. There is no excuse for cleanliness issues and I am sorry not only that it negatively impacted your stay but also that we did not provide an adequate response to remedy the issue. On a positive note, we will be installing refrigerators in every room starting December of this year. I hope you will give us a future opportunity where I am confident we can show you the service and value you expect from previous visits. I further would welcome a call so that I may speak with you directly as well as ensure we earn back your business.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Staff is very friendly, helpful, and always smiling… even Westie! The hotel is awesome looking from the outside and in the lobby. Rooms are very quiet, clean, and pretty big. Hallways are a little worn but for the price and the amenities, you can’t beat this hotel. It’s also centrally located to Boulder, Denver, and Fort Collins. The restaurant has great drinks and food. The gym is satisfactory, almost passed out due to the altitude. I love the prairie dog field in front, as well as the park and walking trails. Only knocks was the rooms didn’t have free Wi-Fi, but the lobby did. And parking was horrible due to multiple events going on and not enough free parking for those staying at the hotel. I will be back, in a couple of months. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I am glad you enjoyed the staff and your visit to our hotel. We are fortunate to have plenty of open space around the hotel with some great trails. The altitude can be tough but drinking a lot of water helps. We look forward to seeing you again in a few months.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Staff is very friendly and attentive at this beautiful Westin. Lobby looks like a ski lodge with lots of seating for convention goers, wedding parties etc. Rooms are large although furniture surprisingly looks like it had seen better days. We were on the 7 th floor, and the carpet did look like a drunk person laid it, ( big wrinkles running down the length of the hall) but not complaining, as this was a comfortable 4 night stop for college drop off. Most quiet hotel ever with a view of the mountains in the distance. Check highway construction on 36 to boulder if this is your destination as the 10 miles often took 45 minutes here in aug 2014.....

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience while taking your student to college. I am pleased you enjoyed the staff and hotel. I am aware of the carpet ripple and we are working on a repair or possible replacement in the near future. I hope we see you again during your next visit to the area.
College Station, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I've stayed here 4 times in the past year, and everytime the service is excellent, bar drinks are tasty, and the rooms are awesome. Close to great restaurants and not far from Boulder or Denver. Awesome hotel.

Room Tip: Hotwire always has great deals on this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us for so many visits this year. I appreciate your continued support and sharing your experience. See you again soon for visit number 5.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Perfect for the restless that want to get the best of boulder and denver. The gym and pool and rooms are very nice and clean. Everything is just 20-30 mins away, and there is a convenient shopping center near by

• Stayed August 2014
It is nice to read that you found the hotel rooms and amenities to be very nice and clean as well as a location that worked for your needs. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 19 in Westminster
Downtown
Warwick Denver Hotel
Warwick Denver Hotel
#39 of 157 in Denver

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!