“Excellent service”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Wonderful location close to shops, freeway, restaurants, etc. Staff very friendly and accommodating. We arrived really early and were told to come by to register. They'd call us when a room was ready. By the time we got there, one was available and they fulfilled my request for a high floor with mountain views. They were responsive when the dog next door kept barking. We were really tired from catching a 6:30 a.m. flight and just wanted to sleep. They handled it promptly. The rooms were clean. We didn't get to try the restaurant but it has good reviews on Trip Advisor. Lastly, I didn't give it a 5 rating because the wifi is not included.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelingyogi82
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I am happy to read that we were able to take care of your needs to ensure a great stay. Thank you for staying with us. Next time around, I hope you get to try Kachina. It is fantastic.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Westminster

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the hotel was extremely busy/backed up as there were several conferences going on. I was told that the hotel would provide a complimentary fridge if requested, so I asked for one as soon as I arrived. After waiting an hour I called and was told that it would arrive in "a little bit." Waited another hour and a half, and called again, and was told that it would take another hour. Of course I couldn't wait that long or the food would spoil so I went down to the front desk and a gentlemen that was working delivered a fridge and microwave himself. Even though he was busy, he took the time to treat his guests the right way. One individual can really make a difference on whether or not your stay is enjoyable. I really appreciate the hospitality that I received, and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry we did not respond as quickly as necessary to your request. On a positive note, I appreciate you pointing out an outstanding member of our staff. If you could let me know the individuals name, I would like to personally thank them for taking care of your needs. I look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our flight was delayed getting into Denver so we were hoping that our check in to the hotel would go smoothly, upon arrival the check in process went smooth and quickly. The room was adequate although somewhat smaller than we expected. Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. We spent very little time at the hotel itself, as we departed for the day and returned somebody from the staff almost always got the doors for us. We were pleased with our stay here and if traveling to Colorado again would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your recent visit. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and the staff helpful. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you as our guest for a future visit.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here for three nights. The trash wasnt taken out. Our towels and robes were not washed from the previous guest. The coffee maker didn't work.the bathtub was clogged and wouldn't drain water from the shower. When I called the front desk, they sent up clean robes with a very rude and grumpy man who literally thumped on our door and stomped in! The next lovely face was the cleaning lady who came up with a new coffee maker. She was very angry as well. She grunted at us and stomped off. The last person was the technician who came to look at the bathtub. And yes, he was as far from delightful as humanly possible. This was a very very strange experience almost a twilight zone one where we couldn't possibly fathom the entire staff being so disgruntled, rude and unpleasant. If you're here because you have no choice short from sleeping in the streets, I understand. Otherwise, spend your money elsewhere! You pay for a four star hotel with a one star service. Lastly, parking is 10 bucks PER DAY in the suburbs which is where this place is (which seems absurd to me) Otherwise, you can park your car really far away and drag your luggage across the street. They will not help you with your luggage, even though they advertise that they will. WiFi is also not free. The lady in front of me was given free WiFi after the front desk guy bat his eyelids and drooled over her. I was immediately told of the cost of WiFi and did not receive any eye batting. I'm joking about this, but it really did happen and was very irritating to see that their charges are arbitrary depending on who they find attractive.
They also put a $75 per night temporary charge on your credit card for incidentals. Which falls off in 5-7 business days. So three nights for me was $225
I'm glad this place didn't have the power to ruin my vacation because I'm on vacation for two weeks in several states. If this was my only destination, I'd feel CHEATED, disappointed and discriminated upon by this Westin.

• Stayed: June 2014

Please accept my apologies for disappointing you during your recent visit. We pride ourselves on service and value and we unfortunately did not live up to those standards in many ways in your eyes . As the leader of this team, I can assure you this is not indicative of the service and value we provide. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further in person so that I can provide a personal apology.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Okay. So I have stayed here before and had poor service. It is such a nice hotel and I got a great rate so I decided to try again. Well, again, poor service. We arrived around 4:30pm and only one of our rooms was ready. The front desk person was very nice about it but we had a short time frame to get to our event and the room not being ready was a real inconvenience.

I had parked my car in the entry long enough to unload and as I was bringing in my bags to leave with the rest of my party in the entrance, a female valet, stopped me and said she needed my keys. I explained that I was just dropping my bags in the entrance and would be right out to move my car. She continued to follow me very loudly saying if you leave the lobby I have to have to your keys. I explained again to her that I was not leaving the entry way! I was just dropping my bags with the rest of my party and would move my car very quickly. She continued to say she needed my keys. I finally just dropped my bags and moved the car. It was complete silliness.

We then went into the restaurant to wait for our rooms. We were going to sit outside but were told the dining room was closed and we had to sit in the bar. Fine, we moved to the bar where it took forever to get service. The food, however, was very good. The rooms started to become available and the folks who were with us that checked in after we did got their rooms before us. The coffee shop in the morning was closed during the busiest part of the morning. Why bother? Overall, this is a nice hotel. I just have never felt very welcome here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lorarose
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to earn your business. I am sorry our service did not exceed your expectations. Our hope is that every guest feels welcome and in your case, we clearly failed. On a positive note, I am pleased you enjoyed the food in Kachina. If we are fortunate enough to have you for a future visit, please reach out to me directly so that I can ensure that the third time is a charm.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The Westin Westminster Promenade is a large, well appointed hotel, with friendly staff and a dog-friendly policy. Although I attend a fairly specialized business event held here yearly, I appreciate the availability of different restaurants in the adjacent Promenade. This comes in handy because the hotel's restaurant, Kachina, is pretty exclusively southwest "cuisine." I like southwest inspired food, but 4 days in a row?? I think not.

Room service is shockingly affordable, and relatively prompt. Although they got one of my orders wrong, the food is still tasty. I suffered in silence.

Other features of note are the AMC movie theaters at the promenade--the front desk has printouts of movie times for your convenience--and the delightful Butterfly Pavilion just across the street. The hotel caters to weddings and other tourist activities, so you might take advantage of those instead of hitting the pretty generic pool.

The drawbacks to this hotel are twofold, in my opinion.

First, it's a great distance from the airport (which itself is in the middle of next to nowhere), and has no airport shuttle so you are forced to take an $80+ taxi ride or get jounced around by a commercial shuttle that might make multiple stops before arriving in Westminster. Very inconvenient if one has an early morning departure.

Second, the hotel and restaurant menus are not really extensive enough to accommodate various diet restrictions or choices. Very little is gluten free. Very little is vegan or even vegetarian-friendly. Very little is even remotely health-conscious, although they do note "super foods" on the menu. I recommend going across the promenade to the Thai restaurant (Tuk Tuk, where they happily customize your tasty and inexpensive meal).

So, overall, not bad but could be better. I'm stuck there due to the convention I attend. But you don't have to be!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bacongougere

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed Kachina and the surrounding area. While Kachina does have a developed concept, our talented chefs are happy to modify dishes to suit dietary needs. During your convention next year, I hope you will take the opportunity to see what our chefs can do to help you enjoy a perfect meal made to your specifications.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Let me start off with saying that I would never leave a poor review unless I knew that there was something better close by or there was something that was an Act of God that could give them the benefit of the doubt. I am not expecting anything from management by posting my experience. I just want to share my experience so other travelers can make a fair decision.

We stayed for two nights for a ballroom competition. The room was very spacious, always had HOT water (be careful or you'll burn yourself), and the beds were actually really comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel, Kachina, was by far the BEST part of our stay. They have fabulous selections! That's about it. The problem I have with this Westin location is that essentially we were kicked out because they were booked for the night. We weren't offered any help to find other accommodations. No apology for the mix-up. Nothing. Just told that if we wouldn't pay then we had to go (even though I was told that we could stay one more night). Let me explain.

We realized that we would have to stay and extra night because it would be impossible to check-out in time and still be in the competition. The lady at the front desk said it was no problem, and that it would be the same discounted rate (one we got for the ballroom competition) that we paid for the other two nights. Great! The day we were originally supposed to check-out we got a knock on the door from a housekeeper saying that they thought we were supposed to check out. We explained that we got another night and she left. 15 minutes later we get a phone call from the front desk. This was where the problem occurred. I spoke to a woman, I believe her name was Arianna (or something very similar) and she told me that because they were completely booked that night, we would have to pay the full rate and not the one we were told. The full rate was more than twice what we were paying!! I asked if we quickly packed and checked-out if we would be charged that and she wasn't sure and had to ask. I know it's hard to believe via the internet, but the way she spoke to me on the phone sounded like the whole time she was insinuating that even though we were going to leave, we were going to be charged the full rate because we were in there half of the day. Like I said, they didn't offer to help us find another place to stay or even some sort of an apology for the mix up. This is the kind of customer service I would expect at a Motel 8 NOT a Westin! No, actually I wouldn't expect this kind of service at any hotel, from Motel 8 to The Ritz, no hotel should do this to their paying customers!

Next year, we will not be staying here. There is a Marriott no more than two minutes away and we will be staying there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bouncin_bichon
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent visit. I am sorry that we were unable to honor your request to stay an additional night. As this request came in the late afternoon, our rooms were fully committed for that evening and we were unable to adjust our room inventory to accommodate your request without displacing other guests. I am also sorry you felt we were going to charge you for the day but happy to see that we did not. On a positive note, I am pleased that you enjoyed the spacious room and found the bed to be comfortable. I hope we will have an opportunity next year to serve you where reservation date changes will not impair an otherwise great stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Warwick Denver Hotel
#41 of 158 in Denver
Downtown
The Westin Denver Downtown

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!