1,082 results
All reviews ice rink heavenly bed self parking valet service movie theater beautiful hotel mountain view downtown denver starbucks coffee butterfly pavilion hot tub lobby area fitness center indoor pool lots of restaurants kachina conference
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and flew in several days early to spend some time with the kids in Denver. At check-in we asked for an upgraded (larger) room and were told hotel was full. Room was very small. Would be fine for a single or couple, not so much for a family of 4. Knew the hotel was dog friendly, have no issue with that or dogs, however I was not prepared for what we'd walk into. There was some sort of Mastiff show/convention/meeting going on at the hotel for the entire week we were there. While I'm sure Mastiffs are quite lovely dogs, they are huge, and they slobber and since there were dozens there after awhile they caused the entire hotel to stink. The lobby, elevator banks, elevators and eventually our floor all smelled like dog. There were times we'd get in the elevator to find puddles on the floor people were claiming was dog pee (we never personally witnessed a dog peeing). We purposely didn't stay at the wedding hotel, the Doubletree in Thornton, so we could stay here and after being in my nephew's room at the Doubletree I realized what a huge mistake we made. I typically seek out Westins wherever we go but this was a huge disappointment.

Also the housekeeping was a bit strange. We didn't have wash cloths for the first 3 days and when towels would get changed the old ones weren't removed so we'd get 3 new ones (for 4 people) and by the end of the week ended up with a pile of 10 or so towels. Weird, but maybe they were too busy cleaning up after the dogs.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank finnowe
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The Mastiff group did prove to be more intrusive then we understood it would be. With this said, it is not an excuse and I am sorry we did not provide you the experience you are accustom to at Westin Hotels. The nature of this group was outside of our standard pet policies and I can assure you that we will not be taking similar groups in the future. I am equally sorry for the housekeeping mistakes during your visit. Towels should absolutely be picked up daily and I will follow up with our team on that. Please let me know if there is an opportunity to earn your trust back and show you the service and value our repeat customers have come to expect.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great hotel in every respect except for the dogs. Our group was there for four days for a reunion. Unfortunately we were not told that there would also be a dog show at the same time - not any dogs but mastiffs of up to 240 lbs. They were on nearly every floor. The odor in places was overwhelming, and we had to be on the constant lookout for feces and urine. The elevators were especially bad and we often found ourselves standing in puddles. Outside the hotel, it was worse as owners walked their dogs which relieved themselves in the landscaping immediately outside the doors. Some owners left their dogs unattended in their guest rooms and the dogs barked continuously. As one of the organizers of the reunion, I was embarrassed and felt the need to be constantly apologizing to our guests for the inconvenience, especially for those who are allergic to dogs. I cannot recommend this hotel, and would advise anyone contemplating staying at a Westin to ask about their pet policy. This should not have happened.

Room tip: West side rooms have a view of the mountains.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The group did prove to be more intrusive then we understood it would be. I am sorry we did not minimize the impact this uncommon group had on your experience. The nature of this group was outside of our standard pet policies and I can assure you that we will not be relaxing these standards again for future groups. Please let me know if there is an opportunity to earn your trust back and show you the service and value our repeat customers have come to expect.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had to stay here last minute as some repairs on our house after a flood made it uninhabitable for a few days. We chose the Westin because it was the only 4 star hotel in the metro area that had available rooms and that is dog friendly (at no extra charge I might add).
We got an incredible deal on Priceline for the room, which was clean, spacious, and comfortable for two adults, a 6 month old, and our dog. The staff was friendly and professional. Mark Anthony at the reception desk deserves special mention for fixing an overcharge from room service. He was incredible.
Will recommend to others looking for a great hotel in Westminister.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank khall1981
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

While I am sorry your home was impacted by a flood, I am happy we were able to have you as our guest. Thank you for sharing thoughts about your stay and specifically those about Mark. Mark is a great asset on our team and I appreciate you recognizing him. I have shared your comments with both Mark and our entire staff. I hope we have a future opportunity to have you as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

To be honest this hotel deserves full marks. The room is perfect, clean, comfortable and amazingly comfiest bed. Luxury bathroom. Fantastic, highly professional staff.

We dined in the grill, and I can honestly say that the food was the best we had on our Colorado trip. But I am not happy with the Westin.

The reason I am not happy is that despite being a guest who stayed two nights, and spending money in the establishment, they want to charge me $11 per day to access wifi. The crazy thing is that I can wander in off the street and sit in the lobby and surf for free! Don't understand the logic. I feel like the Westin wants to rip me off. For overseas guests, internet access is very essential, and I prefer to Skype call in the privacy of my room.

I stayed in some dubious lodgings on my Colorado trip, and not one charged me for internet usage in my room. So you can understand why I can't give this outstanding hotel full marks.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank ostan14
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your visit. I appreciate you pointing out all of the great things at our property including the beds and food. I am sorry for your disappointment regarding WIFI charges. I wish this did not overshadow a great stay and hope we will have you again as our guest.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service was excellent, the bed was sooooooo comfortable, the view was magnificent, noise was non-existent, it was easy to order pay-per-view movies, there's absolutely great food (and drink - oh yeah!) downstairs, and I didn't even get around to checking out the pool! Someone came around to make sure the room was properly cleaned. Everything I needed that I didn't have in the room was promptly delivered. But that bed .... oh those down comforters!!!

Room tip: Mountain view is awesome, of course.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sandy K

Thank you for the review of your recent visit. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was checking on all of the details. The Heavenly Beds are comfortable and I am glad it led to a restful stay. We look forward to again having you as our guest.