“Amazing stay, excellent service!”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
“Amazing stay, excellent service!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel just 15 min from downtown Denver. I definitely prefer this location over the downtown Westin. Very comfortable big rooms with amazing service. Be sure to check out Westie, the chocolate Labrador puppy!! Kachina restaurant was also delicious and served complementary breakfast for SPG Platinum members.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel and your kind review. It is great see that you enjoy Kachina and Westy. We are proud to have both in our hotel. See you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Brooklyn, Iowa, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'm staying at the Westin for a conference and the facilities are really nice. The onsite restaurant is excellent and it's within walking distance of several other restaurants and shops. I'm looking forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is nice to see that you enjoyed the facilities and restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel was much improved from my last stay 2 years ago. We were there with a dance convention both times and 2 years ago they kept giving the excuse they were so busy and full to accommodate me with my requests. I explained 2 years ago that I was paying for these things and they should be prepared for being a full hotel. This time, however, I never heard that once and they accommodated me left and right. I don't think a hotel of this expense should charge for internet (cheaper hotels don't) but somehow when I asked about it they gave me the free internet. I really appreciated this as I had some work to do while my daughter was dancing. They didn't have any refrigerators but gave me the key to the empty mini bar and I was able to use this for our stay. Plenty of room for what I needed it for. I also got a late check out! I really appreciated this as my daughter's dancing went until 4:00 that day. The restaurant had wonderful service and great food. My only complaint of the whole stay (which I doubt they could fix) was how loud the doors were. I didn't sleep well as the doors along the hall were opening and closing all night and it was so loud. I understand that the doors need to be able to close on their own but I have never heard them being this loud before. And all day long, slam slam slam. I was hoping to get a nap in but that didn't happen. I chose not to get the room cleaned as I was doing some work in the room but housecleaning gave me coffee and shampoo for next day and I was happy with that. 2 years ago I would not have stayed here again but this time I would for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for returning to stay with us. I am happy to see that we have improved from your previous visit. I am glad to see that we were able to accommodate your requests as well. I am sorry for the door noise that disturbed you. I appreciate you letting us know and will address it with our team. Thank you for staying. I hope we see you at the next competition.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've traveled the world staying in all types of accommodations, and the Westin Westminster was the first hotel that I had to have the sheets changed at 10:30 pm on my night of arrival. It took 45 minutes to get hand towels and washcloths, and then I discovered the state of the bed. There was also spit dripping down the mirror in my room onto the water glasses. My room was barely cleaned the second day of my stay. Westin offers some $5 credit if you bypass room cleaning. I should have received that, even though I didn't sign up for it. On Sunday, I was informed that late checkout was not available. Of course, this makes no sense as they clearly didn't clean my room before my arrival, so why make me move out to "clean" it for the next guest? My first and possibly last Westin stay. Absolutely no apology or credit given for my troubles.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I am embarrassed to read your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry we did not live up to the expectations we both have for this property. I appreciate you sharing and I have done the same with our team. I would be happy to speak with you directly so I can offer a personal apology as well as have an opportunity to show you the service and value our repeat customers have come to expect. Please contact me directly at the hotel.
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Westminster for business in September 2013. It is a beautiful property!

The sleeping room was well appointed and comfortable. The mountain view is a lovely bonus!

I was there for a meeting taking place at the hotel. The meeting rooms were easy to find from the sleeping rooms.

The hotel has a coffee shop in the lobby, and 1 full service restaurant. There are other options close by as well, I highly recommend the Thai place. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant one night (forget the name, it was tex mex) and loved the food! Its far better than your standard hotel food, I could have eaten there again! The coffee shop only has a few over priced options, it works if you are in a pinch and don't want to leave the hotel for breakfast. We also took the shuttle to the local mall which is very nice by mall standards, it is 20 minutes from the hotel so it take a while for the shuttle to come back and get you.

All and all, this hotel provides what you expect from a Westin!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed the meeting and sleeping rooms during your visit. It is nice to see that you enjoyed Kachina and the many things to do around the hotel as well. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I will be traveling again during the Halloween weekend to The Westin in Westminster. I was there
to visit my son on my birthday in April of this year and love, loved it. The view was perfect as it changed with the sun going down.

I am expecting to dine there this trip and hopefully looking for a room with the same view. I plan to bring my photos from the last trip.

Thank you.
Dotene are. Stephens

P.s. Any Halloween activities?

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view ..especially if your from Georgia.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your recent visit. It was a pleasure speaking with you during your return on Halloween. I am glad you were able to enjoy Kachina as well as the views during this visit. We will be sure to keep you in the Mountain rooms for your future stays. Thank you for staying with us.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Westin Westminster, true to the Westin name, was extremely clean, comfortable and conveniently located. I stayed for business. I had reserved a King-sized bed room, but when I checked in the clerk told me honestly that the two king-sized rooms they had available were not rooms he could highly recommend. So he upgraded me to a double queen room on a higher floor with a beautiful mountain view at no cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to the Mountain View rooms. The views are outstanding, especially in the fall. I am pleased you found the rooms clean and comfortable. We strive for this and I will enjoy sharing your comments with our team. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 19 in Westminster
Downtown
Warwick Denver Hotel
Warwick Denver Hotel
#39 of 157 in Denver

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!