“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Frederick, Colorado
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We celebrated my husband's 60th birthday at the Westin and had a very nice time. The rooms were very spacious, clean, comfortable beds and very nice soaps and shampoos in the bath. We had a suite which consisted of a king bedroom with bath and then separate living room area, bath and wet bar. We did not have a mini refrigerator or microwave as other suites had. A standard king room would have been great for us althought it was nice having 2 baths. A one cup coffee pot with Starbucks Coffee was in each room. All of the hotel personnel were friendly and very professional. The pool was just ok. It's a lap pool and nothing more but the grand kids enjoyed it. The outdoor hot tub and gas fireplace were relaxing. We prearranged a private party at the Kachina Restaurant which is located inside the Westin. Excellant food, service and atmosphere. I highly recommend Kachinas. We had a very nice time and would stay at this Westin over the Omni (which is close by) for a Staycation. The feel of the Westin was welcoming and relaxing which is exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. It sounds like it was a great birthday. I am proud of the staff and appreciate you recognizing their efforts in keeping the property clean and especially their friendliness. I will enjoy passing these comments on to the team. Most importantly, I am glad you were able to relax. I hope we see you again for next year’s celebration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Eagar, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is my second stay here, but this time for business and a conference. Our room was on the 9th floor and had a beautiful mountain view. The room was comfortable for two and we enjoyed the complimentary toiletries. The restaurant on property, The Kachina, was very good. We really enjoyed the very spicy green chili there. Room service was great here, too, with fast service and delicious food. Two breakfasts there were made to my specifications and the service staff were super friendly and efficient. This hotel is located near the interstate and near lots of shopping and restaurants. You could get by without a car at this property. If traveling with children, The Butterfly Pavilion, is practically next door and is worth a visit. Also adjacent to property is a large city park and rec center if walking or jogging is your thing. Pool is indoor and fairly small...the hot tub is outside and has a great view.

Room Tip: An upper floor facing the southwest will give you a beautiful view of the Rockies and the Flatirons.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying. I also enjoy the Green Chili and am glad you do as well. I am glad the staff took great care of you and that you got to see the Butterfly Pavilion. It is a different experience and worth a visit. I appreciate you being a repeat guest and look forward to seeing you again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just beautiful, and is located in a prime area, with numerous restaurants and shopping within 2 minutes of the front door. The rooms were well-appointed with comfortable beds and the heavenly shower, which was so nice. Starbucks located in the spacious lobby, fire pits and hot tub outside. Restaurant in the lobby. Our room had a great view of the mountains. We caught a baseball game wile in town, and the hotel was a shirt 15 minute drive from Coors Field. Loved the hotel, loved the area. Got a really great price using the bidding option on Priceline. Will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. It is nice to read that you were able to enjoy the hotel, surrounding area and especially Coors Field. We look forward to seeing you again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is my second stay at this Westin, this time just overnight on a holiday weekend. I enjoy the high-end lodge decor of this property, including those stone scones on each floor. The abundance of free self parking is a big plus as is the easy highway access and the giant eating and entertainment complex across the street.

The one down side is they have only a couple of humidifiers to loan out and I was way down the waiting list...had to run the shower and fill the bathtub to get any humidity at all in my room. Also, I was disturbed a couple times during the night by a dog barking in the room next door. While I acknowledge Starwood's pet friendly stance, I feel they could do a better job of separating rooms with pets from rooms without pets, perhaps managing those pet rooms to be together in a certain area or on a particular floor to reduce the chance of disturbing other guests.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 but since it is full points only, I'm going with 4. Better than many hotels, average for a Westin.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room....has an extra window on the side wall.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with a humidifier and will follow up with our team to ensure we have enough for our guests. I further appreciate your thoughts on placement of pet rooms. Westin has procedures in place that should account for this and I will share your additional thoughts with our team. Thank you for providing this feedback.
Marblehead, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lobby and restaurant are good. I think it's the best option for Broomfield/Westminster area for business travel, but not up to typical Westin standards re: room/bed/bathroom. Gym is pretty good -- updated equipment and clean. Bathrooms are very small and Westin product really need an upgrade.

• 3 of 5 stars
I am disappointed that we did not WOW you during your visit. While good gym equipment and a clean facility are great, I appreciate your thoughts on how we can do better. Thank you for sharing and I am pleased we are your best option for business travel. I look forward to hearing your continued thoughts as we upgrade our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Location to airport is conveniently close. Surrounding area is great and safe. Excellent food and drinking establishments are walking distance. Hotel has a great restaurant with very affordable happy hour. Glad I discovered it. Staff was top notch.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am glad you discovered us as well. Thank you for staying and offering your thoughts on the hotel. I am happy we will see you on your next visit.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent two nights in the Westin Westminster. The hotel is clean, quite and comfortable. The staff is exceptionally helpful and the proximity to the freeway and restaurants is great.

I absolutely love the showers here. After a long day traveling, you really don't want to get out.

It's not a cheap motel, but the old saying, "You get what you pay for," is certainly true here. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room for a wonderful view of the Rockies in the morning, a great start to the da...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the staff and the restaurant at our hotel. I am proud of both and happy to see that you enjoyed them as well. Good note on the Mountain view. I agree that the scenery is outstanding in the morning as well as the rest of the day. Thank you for staying.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!