“Very Nice facility..not quite as good as I expected!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Westminster

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Skokie, Illinois
“Very Nice facility..not quite as good as I expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights. The room was very nice and the grounds were pretty and fun. The food was excellent at Kachina but service was slow..not enough staff.

Attention to detail was lacking. Room not cleaned well. Towels left in bath. Keys dont work in pool area. Small disappointing pool.

The doormen and valet people were excellent and exceeded my expectations.

Front desk seemed understaffed and slow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the grounds and Kachina. I am sorry you recognized some areas where we can improve but appreciate the information. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our wedding was nearby, and the Westin Westminster hands down blew away the other local competition! Wonderful location, gorgeous views, public park to one side, Butterfly Pavilion to another, Westminster Promenade "village" to a third! Everything impressed us, and our families... the service, foyer, Kachina restaurant, rooms, etc. Nothing but kudos from us and from our families. Ever since our wedding, we stop by multiple times per month, in order to eat at Kachina, because it is so tasty! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. It is great to read that we exceeded the expectations of you and your family. I am glad you continue to eat at Kachina and look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Westin corp needs to review this location. It was definitely not up to westin standards. We were here to attend a friends wedding party and it was geographically perfect. Room just so so, lobby was beautiful tho. Restaurant service was POOR--slow and many mistakes were made. Food was okay but pricey. Then we sat by the beautiful fire pit with a group of friends that also turned sour when two ladies specifically asked for a separate check (they were eating) and the waitress charged them for the entire groups drinks. It was awkward for them to ask everyone for money. Room service was a disaster--ordered specifically for two and asked for lemons and limes w sparkling water--40 min later no citrus, one set of silverware and one glass--then proceeded to wait 25 minutes for those items. Second time we used room service asked for sparkling water w lemon/lime again to no avail--guess the small things don't matter. Just not impressed with the lackluster service and overall mundaneness here. Sad, because its a beautiful location and its supposed to be a westin.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PB99power
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I am disappointed to read of your experience in the restaurant and room service. Kachina seldom disappoints guests and I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations in our food and beverage outlets. I have spoken with the team about your experience and am confident they will take it as an opportunity to enhance the service. I believe that the small things do matter and I am sorry we let you down. I appreciate you sharing your experience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here recently for a wedding and were satisfied. The double beds, although small, we're quite comfortable. Breakfast, unfortunately, is not included, but they have reasonably priced and tasty options at the Starbucks counter in the lobby. Staff was friendly. Internet is sometimes included in the price and sometimes not, so make sure you ask.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am pleased you liked the lobby and enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. I hope we see you again during your next visit to Colorado.
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel within the past year and we would highly recommend it to anyone! Comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff and a lovely mountain view from our room!
We are starwood members and we used points for our two night stay and we feel that this was a great value and is one of our favorite hotels to visit!
Only an hour away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park , this hotel was a great home base for our sightseeing in the Estes Park and Boulder area.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate our Starwood loyal guests and I am happy we provided a great experience. We look forward to your third visit.
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

What I noticed on this trip to the Westin is this the hotel is not as clean as it used to be. This was my seventh trip in four years. There are stains on some of the furniture, and maid service forgot basics like toiletries. Other than that the hotel remains quite enjoyable quite pleasant even when full, as it was on this August trip.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you found our hotel to be declining from previous visits. I appreciate you continuing to stay with us and will share your feedback with our team to ensure we are attaining the standards you have come to expect.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked a block of rooms and for our wedding and everything started out great but then communication broke down when our coordinator at the hotel left on maternity leave passed us off without a word to us. I understand people much go out on vacation and leave but communication around that are key! After that nothing we originally discussed was honored. I was passed around to multiple people only one person tried to make it right Amy but when it came to continued issues even she did not try to make it right. Multiple guests keys did not work when we got back after the wedding. As the bride I had to purchase a second room to get ready in because the suite we booked we could not get in. (Whole point of booking suite was to have space to get ready) Multiple issues with reservations. And when I left for my wedding at 3:55 I still could not check into the suite because check in is not until 4. The last thing we should have been worrying about or had issues with for our wedding should be the hotel.
The rooms and facilities themselves are fine. What it really comes down to for me when I rate a place is customer service. I felt a real lack of care or concern for the struggles that our wedding party and family and friends experienced. Every aspect of the wedding was flawless except for this. I can only say that if you don't care about customer service please feel free to stay here as hotel is nice but I would never recommend booking for a large party or group. Because management has no care for the customer experience. No one tried to make it right even we we expressed our issues.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Liz T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#3 of 19 in Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!