“This Westin is quite nice”

The Westin Westminster
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Toronto
“This Westin is quite nice”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staff - very friendly and helpful

Food - very good and cool restaurant inside

Gym - good size, has a pool

Internet - good - was included in a group package

Ambiance - large open foyer

Rooms - nice, somewhat standard.

Overall, very nice place - you can't really go wrong.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed Kachina and the gym. I hope we see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013

From the moment we checked in, we were treated like we were Westin royalty! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful, the grounds are like a park, great for walking or jogging. Our room had a beautiful view of the mountains ($5 extra), but the view from the other side is very pretty as well. Very centrally located to both Denver and Boulder, and many restaurants and activities within walking distance. Kachina, the restaurant within the hotel, was fabulous, we ate there several times and were always impressed. The Butterfly Pavilion is right across the street, which is a lot of fun, kids or no kids. We loved to see Westy, the resident canine, what a sweet dog! Lauren, the Front Office Manager, was spectacular! She always had a welcoming smile and enthusiasm that was infectious...she is a DELIGHT!
By the way, they rent workout gear for only $5, so leave the running shoes at home... that is too cool!

Room Tip: We felt the $5 charge for mountain view was worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kgillorrn
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We truly appreciate your feedback and understanding the areas our guests enjoy most about our hotel. It is nice to see that you visited the Butterfly Pavilion. They are one of several neat places for families around the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us and of course playing with Westy.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel...but got overcharged and didn't have time to argue with desk employee as I had to catch a flight. What happened to the customer being right? Or "sorry sir we will offer you this instead." Rigid staff wouldn't do anything because I worked with a different worker when I checked in. Kind of tainted my feeling on the hotel and doubt a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience and the billing issue that occurred at our hotel. I am not aware of this situation but can assure you that our team works towards all guests’ complete satisfaction. Please contact me at the hotel and I will be happy to look into this issue for you. I look forward to speaking with you.
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We like staying in the area. Less crowded than downtown Denver. Have stayed here before and will again. The staff must go through a rigid training as they are some of the most courteous professionals around. The rooms are clean, spacious, gorgeous views, pool and hot tub and of course lets not forget “Westy”. Sweet lab! Two things do bother me...charge for internet and also no refrig in rooms. There is a stocked refrig but for people with kids it’d be nice to have one we can use for our own stuff. This won’t stop me from staying there again, I really think this is an awesome hotel. AAA rating from me.

Room Tip: Think most all rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Likestolive
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and it is nice to see that our staff is taking great care of our guests. While we do not have refrigerators in the room, we do have them available. Let us know next time you make a reservation and we will have one ready for you upon arrival. See you next visit.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Pluses - awesome beds, gorgeous views, neat patio area with whirlpool, indoor pool, terrific welcoming staff, restaurant choices just across the way, clean rooms, quiet. Minuses- only if you want to be downtown Denver. Oh, almost forgot Westy the mascot chocolate lab. She was totally charming! Love this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Grandma1961
Thank you for listing all of the things you enjoyed at our hotel. I am proud of our team and facility. I am glad you enjoyed our only four legged staff member Westy. Next time you visit, let us know if you would like to walk with her. She enjoys walking with guests on the trails we have around the hotel. See you again next time you are in town.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently spent one night here on a quick business trip. I arrived late (around 10pm) and left early (around 8am), so this review is somewhat limited to check in, my room, and check out.

Overall, this is a great hotel. There were a few things that prevented a 5 star stay.

First, when it's not obvious where to park. It sounds crazy, I know, but when you arrive late and there are cars everywhere, it was somewhat challenging to find a reasonable spot. I ended up parking across the street, a good ways away from the hotel.

Second, this hotel is attached to a conference / mini convention center and there was a conference in town, which explained all of the cars everywhere and why I had to park so far away. I generally try to avoid hotels with conference centers because of this reason.

Third, when I finally got into the lobby, there was a lengthy line of people (4-5) waiting for the front desk. Apparently, there is a dog that stays at the hotel and the front desk clerk was putting the dog on the leash so that it could roam the lobby. While this is quaint and the dog was charming, I was not in the mood for it at 10:15 after hiking in the dark from my parking spot. Further, when I did get to speak to the clerk, he was very insistent on knowing when I was checking out. After a delayed flight, sitting in late night traffic / road construction on I-70 / 270, hiking from the parking lot across the street, and waiting for him to bring a dog out to the lobby, I really was not in the mood to have to figure out my schedule with a new line of people behind me. I'm not sure why this was so important to him.

Anyhow, when I got to my room, it was quite nice and comfortable. The heavenly bed was heavenly and I slept very soundly. The room was generally quiet and dark enough for my liking. The heavenly shower was great.

The coffee shop in the lobby was good but slow. If there are 1-2 people in line, expect a 5-6 minute wait, despite multiple people working.

I would have loved to had more time to check out the pool, work out floor, and restaurant. They all looked amazing.

I'd stay here again, but ideally not when there is a conference going on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you found parking and check in to be inconvenient. I appreciate your feedback and will share with our front office team so we can look for ways to avoid a similar impact on future guests. On a positive note, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the heavenly bed and shower. I look forward to your next visit where you can enjoy the rest of the hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent 4 nights attending a conference at the hotel. My room, a double, was spacious and well appointed. The bed was great and everything worked. Why hotels still try to gouge business travelers for Internet access is still a mystery. My only complaint was the speed of food preparation in the Kachina Grill. Why does it take 18 minutes to prepare a simple American breakfast when there are only 3 people eating?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the room and bed. I am sorry you did not have a great experience in Kachina due to the wait for your breakfast. I appreciate your question and will be sure to forward it on to the Chef for his review. Thank you for the information. I hope we will have you as a guest during a future convention at our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#3 of 19 in Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver Northwest/Westminster
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!